Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Onion ()
Date: March 10, 2019 09:07AM

Well, to borrow one of Gary's favorite phrases, "It's A New Day!...". For all of us Nephilim.

I heard a hilarious story. One of Gary's minions who is still working in the old school way on the corporations and continuing to be a vociferous back up for Gary while referring to the survivors as liars (said publically during the last trip to Israel) - preached the sermon recently in San Diego. One of the congregants stood up after he preached and ripped him a new one for having the nerve to stand there and preach to the people.

I don't have all the details but I keep getting the giggles over what the look on the guy's face must have been.

I heard Shiloh announced a service schedule for tomorrow that sounds pretty much "business as usual." I wonder who will be preaching there?

I hope people in every church feel bold and free to ask questions and demand answers from these diehards who think things have calmed down so they are trying to revise recent history (by lying), refusing to step down after promising to, and are showing up like they are still welcome to shove the same ol' crap down our throats. No one owns a church. Congregants and every single person should feel 100% free to speak up. I hope everyone does. You deserve to be heard.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: typer ()
Date: March 10, 2019 09:57AM

Yes. No more fear of man and man-control. Since listening to new sources (i.e.: Bill Johnson, Smith Wigglesworth, and others, but mostly the Bible directly), life has become simpler. My wife and I and three grown sons are all falling in love anew. And lightning has not struck us down. We still don't climb the 14,000 ft. mountains during lightning storms though. God never shames us.

Posted by: Prettyboy ()
Date: March 10, 2019 11:27AM

dear typer,

already you must have certainly discovered that being "excommunicated" from lw hoppycock due to your "failings" was a blessing and one that has liberated you. and your voice and testament adds to the crescendo of the many "merries", particularly of those new voices added to those that have fought this fight for years. each voice, each testament, from a myriad of experiences, attest to the greater truth, complete humility and a sincere adherence to the most principled tenets of the christian faith. i posit that gary hargrave and his remaining minions, despite his books (which, i profess have never read a word of) and his apparent ascension (via marilyn) to the pinnacle of lw hierarchy either have no clue of central christian tenets or he/they could give not a care (i'm trying to be "good" and not resort to my sometimes potty-mouth characterizations); i am inclined to believe the latter is the more likely. i am supremely glad that i left the walk prior to the jr/bickhart separation and even more glad that i never had a moment to endure or embrace the marilyn/gary ruse/juggernaut that many of you did. for me, that was so long ago history but for many of you, it was not so long ago.

i do so puzzle, why i have vested myself in this conversation and i think typer informed me, his anew voice (and i believe, per his example, there are others waiting in the wings) is speaking to those current lw congregants who read these posts; changedagain, little red flag, onion, nancyb, kboy and a host of others have been at this task for a long time. why do they do this - is their ultimate goal to have hargrave tied to a stake and burned, figuratively, and confess his sins? well, that certainly will not occur and i imagine that is not their aim. gary hargrave is a professing christian; a practicing christian, by what frigging measure? steal from the less rich to add to your material coffers, build a mansion on the backs of tithes from the common, hide the sexual transgressions of a son-in-law because you failed to have balls (oops, i was not supposed to be a pottymoth in this transmission) to stand up to marilyn's (----y).

i wonder if the greater issue is no longer about hargrave, his trophy wife (what a moral loser - her ex-husband should have full legal care of his child) and escape to brazil, non extradition. i say screw hargrave, he will walk away most likely. what does remain is the future of present lw churches and congregants. i have stated this before and do so again. congregants, claim your church/es. dissolve yourselves from lw association and if you get resistance from "leaders" do have the courage tell them "i am a christian not a hargrave". it may seem small but i can assure you all this story is headed to be on "sixty minutes" or john oliver, that is my next step. too bad hargrave is not catholic, otherwise, he would die in the confession booth.

shine on, all you merries, old and new

Posted by: Prettyboy ()
Date: March 10, 2019 11:53AM

richard m,

someday i hope to meet you, albeit i am in iowa and you in calif, i have so relished your posts over the last month or so. i read pain but not bitterness, clarity but confusion and a total sense of who you were all those years ago and who you are today. i think had you and i met years ago or even tomorrow, the embrace would be the same. your contribution to this forum is unparalleled.

thank you

Date: March 10, 2019 04:13PM

Thank you Pretty Boy. My wife loved Carol Pipkin. They played the flute together. Carol invited my wife swimming at her house once and she said Carol's husband was wonderful to her and very gracious. I didn't meet him, but they must have been a wonderful, loving couple. I am very thankful for our Police Officers and the hard work they have to do. I think Richard M has had some very hard work to do over the years in the communities he has served. We all need to do our part in trying to keep people safe inside and outside of churches and pray for our Police.

Date: March 10, 2019 04:21PM

My first son was the same age as Donna Hargrave's daughter. My wife made her baby a quilt, which she loved to do for newborns. We prayed the baby would always feel wrapped in God's love. We never understood how anyone could walk away from a newborn baby girl like Gary did or leave his wife. We went to a baby class with Donna, can't remember the name of it. We believe they both have wonderful walks with God.

Sounds like John Horning paid the "excommunication" price for confronting Gary on that one.

Date: March 10, 2019 05:15PM

After John Stevens died, when I would get ready for services in the Valley on Sunday morning (1984), I really tried to be prepared (worship, wait on God, etc.) I hated going, because as hard as I entered in, after the service was over I went into deep depressions; even hard to get ready for work on Monday morning. We felt we let God down by not seeing John get resurrection life, and then not raising him from the dead through our prayers after he died.

I finally said let's get our two babies out of here and move back to Montana where I was raised. We had to live communally our whole marriage to make ends meet and we wanted to be a family. So I looked for confirmation from a smaller church in the fellowship on a Sunday night east of Glendale (La Cracenta?). After the service was over I asked the pastor, Blair Rymal to bless me on moving to Montana and for confirmation. His church was in a home where another couple also resided (can't remember the other man's name, he was tall). Blair told me to go into the kitchen because he hadn't eaten before church. He told my wife and babies to wait in the living room and proceeded to close both kitchen doors. He said my wife could not be with me or the other elder. As he sat and ate, he had me stand at the far end of the room. Whatever he proceeded to say as he ate was not confirmation. I actually believe I have blocked out of my consciousness what was said. I went back to the Valley the following week and talked privately to Matt Walcoe, telling him I was moving my family back to Montana to be a family. He actually blessed me without condemning me about leaving. The next five years of our life we actually got to see our kids raised by Glacier National Park and learn a country life. Matt gave me a contact person if we wanted to connect with a church in Yakima (600 miles a way). We visited there about once every six months on a weekend and stayed with Jerry and Donnett Olson twice, Chris and Carole Arneson once, Tom and Chris Miller once, a couple named the Briessmiesters once and a couple by the church named the Heusman's. All these people were very loving to us. The Heuseman's were especially wonderful and very loving. He gave me a wonderful picture of some Mountain Goats he took when he visited Glacier that is in our living room to this day. I'm so sad to hear of the harsh shepherding they enduring at the end of their lives in San Diego. I hope Gilee Larson has been "excommunicated" for her harsh treatment of others.

As far as giving our spirits to Marilyn, I always believed my spirit belonged to God the Father, and I believe He is very jealous over what is His. I believe He hates competition for what belongs to Him, if I read the ten commandments right about idolatry.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: March 10, 2019 09:37PM

typer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My first son was the same age as Donna Hargrave's
> daughter. My wife made her baby a quilt, which she
> loved to do for newborns. We prayed the baby would
> always feel wrapped in God's love. We never
> understood how anyone could walk away from a
> newborn baby girl like Gary did or leave his wife.
> We went to a baby class with Donna, can't remember
> the name of it. We believe they both have
> wonderful walks with God.

My wife babysat on occasion for Donna Hargrave's daughter (Dawn).
Our elder daughter is a couple year's older than Dawn.
Many heartless acts were committed in the name of following the "leading
of the Lord." I'm hoping that people who now have a brief reprieve from the tyranny of their former TLWF masters find a way to live in the uncertainty of freedom rather than returning to the safety of an exceptionally cruel, micro-managed life. The lure of returning to the old ways is powerful though, like a highly addictive toxic drug, so I'm not overly optimistic
BTW, I think under John's tutelage people were duped into thinking that the constant psychological beatings they received was a form of discipline, rooted in God's love. They conflated this harsh treatment with God's presence. "Oh, I'm beating beaten, so God must love me." The scripture that was often cited from the pulpit to justify this abuse was Hebrews 12:6-8

6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

This scripture became the basis for inflicting so much harm
on the innocent. It was a sadist's delight.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: March 10, 2019 09:47PM

Sorry for the terrible formatting (above). I just woke up, haven't had my coffee, my brain is a bit foggy from a late night out watching tv and...and...
O.K.--I'll take my beating.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: March 10, 2019 10:11PM

Welcome, typer. Thank you for sharing parts of your story here. I'm so glad that you got your family to a safe place, both physically and spiritually. I agree with your assessment that the spirits of believers belong to God and not to a human leader.

I concur also with prettyboy and others on the status of the churches. The real dedication and loving relationships have always been in the hearts of the people, not in the leadership. If those remaining in the churches wish to continue their path together without the encumbrance of The Walk/TLWF toxic control, then I wish them all the best. Those of us who left before the current revelations going public have been using this forum to speak up for a longer time. And sometimes here and on Facebook, we encounter long-lost friends we had been deprived of due to circumstances or shunning. There are, among the "faithful" other wonderful long-lost friends who continue to avoid communication with those of us voicing honest criticism. If they read here, they will know who they are. If they do, my message is that you are my friends and I will never stop loving you and believing for you to be happy and free.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.