Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: March 06, 2019 07:44AM

This from the Shiloh university website:
"The University leadership worked closely with Shlomo Hizak and his staff at the AMI Jerusalem Center for Biblical Studies and Research."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2019 08:00AM by changedagain.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Prettyboy ()
Date: March 06, 2019 01:21PM

spring, just a few weeks away. for those of us living in iowa we certainly hope that that date rings true to the actual. what seems clear to me is that the lw/shiloh, hoax/delusion/con game is over. this is not the 1970's, this is the new day of information via the internet, and unfortunately and equally so, the day of misinformation. the living word/walk juggernaut is dead, a relic of the past; a past when most of us believed the advent of something pure and beautiful and righteous and extraordinary, a break from the hypocrisy of "the old order". i cannot imagine how the lw will be able to add congregants apart for the diehards making babies. do the present church leaders, in their various churches, honestly believe they will be able to add to their numbers when a curious and interested party "googles" the living word church? if you do not add to your numbers then your best alternative is to convince aged congregants, upon their deaths, to relegate their estates to the coffers of this frigging ruse. my suggestion to present lw congregants, do not put a penny in the offering plate; because you would not be giving that to god nor would you be giving it to a dying and derelict institution, rather you would be contributing to something already dead.

for the holders on in various churches i suggest you make a complete break from hargrave; financially, ethically and spritually. did he not suggest a couple of months ago that he was divesting himself from these matters and would pursue other avenues, or something the like, and each church could decide how to continue? i suggest the current lw churches fight it out with their respective
congregants. i further suggest that the congregants of those churches demand to be wholly separated from the lw organization and if their "leaders" decline or protest, well...........

potty mouth to ensue, so children under the age of 18 should not be permitted to read.

which is the greater fucking coward, the congregants or the leaders? i know, easy question.

how much orthodoxy shit need you stuff into your mouth before your brain and your moral compass gets a clue? i know, a harder question.

what will you tell your children when they become of age to know that they were not being fed eggplant but gary hargrave's hemorrhoids?

and finally, what in the goddamed hell happened to you? you lost you moral compass somewhere along the line - the mariana trench or way up hargrave's rectum? and at times you may have had the presence of mind to perhaps question yourself, "what am i doing", "what am i becoming or what have i become". and then the coward in you speaks, "oh, i have invested so much - in time, in energy and industry, in finance, and above all love, hope and happiness. if this lw thing is a ruse then my life means near nothing". i suggest otherwise, your life only means near nothing only should you fail to the lessons she whispers in you ear and declares from the highest mountaintop - have courage in the embrace of the true

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: March 06, 2019 04:46PM

Here is a link to a newsletter paying tribute to Shlomo after his death. It is in Hebrew so have fun reading it. Sorry, I'm being silly. It lists clues about sites but they may be in Hebrew too. A lot of links to Shiloh U come up when you google even Shlomo Hizak so I guess the job of giving Shiloh U credibility based on Shlomo's life work is being effective for the grabbers.

Changedagain - the site you listed with Shiloh U is the right name but I think there was a link posted here on the forum to a similar or even the same name in Florida. I have been told that the Florida center is unrelated.

I have it on good authority that Gary said they (he and his wife) are in town to meet Kevin and Aline's new baby girl. Apparently there was a baby dedication for the new baby on Sunday at one of their homes. Regardless of anything else we think or have to say, I'm glad Gary is showing love to Kevin and his family. He deserves that and more.

Date: March 06, 2019 10:29PM

Onion Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Changedagain - the site you listed with Shiloh U
> is the right name but I think there was a link
> posted here on the forum to a similar or even the
> same name in Florida. I have been told that the
> Florida center is unrelated.

Why am I not surprised by this? Slight variations in the names of various entities seems to be a pattern: Hargrave Family Ministries, Hargrave Ministries, Church of the Living Word. The Living Word Church, Living in the Word Church, Word Living Church, Judean People's Front, People's Front of Judea, Judean People's Popular Front etc.

[www.youtube.com]

Anyway, everyone have a great, confusion-free day!

Sincerely,
Changedagain (aka AgainChanged)

Date: March 07, 2019 02:06AM

Onion Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here is a link to a newsletter paying tribute to
> Shlomo after his death. It is in Hebrew so have
> fun reading it. Sorry, I'm being silly. It lists
> clues about sites but they may be in Hebrew too.
> A lot of links to Shiloh U come up when you google
> even Shlomo Hizak so I guess the job of giving
> Shiloh U credibility based on Shlomo's life work
> is being effective for the grabbers.

Here's something I came across on Facebook. It's an invitation from Shlomo for the Study Tour Program, back in November of 2015:

"COME"
INSIDE ISRAEL STUDY TOUR
Invitation from: Shlomo Hizak
AMI Jerusalem Center-ISRAEL

Our Study Tour Program will take place on November 1-13, 2015.

We would stay at the Prima Kings Hotel in Jerusalem and at the Plaza Hotel at Galilee.

Friends from all over the world will join us.

We will visit Biblical sites, museums & listen to lectures about the Nation of Israel & its people.

We will experience the Jewish Shabbat together.

The total cost is $1,700.00 USD per person on a half board basis.
Payment must be presented at time of your arrival.
Please make checks out to: AMI Jerusalem Center for Biblical Studies and Research.

This does not include roundtrip airfare.
The cost covers all land arrangements, hotel accommodations & two meals a day.

"COME"

JERUSALEM CENTER FOR BIBLICAL STUDIES AND RESURCH

SAN DIEGO OFFICE
P.O.BOX 2202 SAN DIEGO, CA 92192
TEL: (858) 229-1235

INTERNATIONAL HEADQUARTERS:
25 HOVEVEI ZION ST.,
P.O.BOX 8017
JERUSALEM 91080

TEL: 972-2-6312-800
FAX: 972-2-5638-426
JERUSALEM@AMIJERUSALEMCENTER.ORG

Date: March 07, 2019 02:12AM

Notice that the organization has an office in San Diego. Actually, a P.O. Box.
I'm not sure how the office fits into a P.O. Box...something for me to contemplate today.

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: March 07, 2019 02:52AM

Changedagain - Thanks for posting that since I mentioned a link I was supplying and then forgot to put the link in my post. And yes, the info on the Center you showed with an office or po box in San Diego, etc., is correct.

In keeping with a confusion-free day, and in the spirit of Changed's youtube link, and in keeping with discussing Jewish info and the Center - I think this also carries forward the theme of "a living word by any other name...."

[dl-mail.ymail.com]

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: March 07, 2019 11:06PM

Onion
A lot of people have wondered and even speculated about what Gary might have up his sleeve in all that has happened since so many people began to blow the whistle on church abuses, especially in CLW/COL/TLW.

I think Gary's exit plan was started quite a bit before anyone went public on FB. The response to his request for letters in the context of his 360 thingie was apparently astounding. There were even groups who refused to write letters so long as Rick was in power. Things started toppling pretty quickly at that point.

I put together some info a few months ago that led me to the opinion that Bruce Larson was making a play for the Jerusalem Center in Israel. I saw online that Shiloh U and the Center are doing some travel plans as joint sponsors. I don't know what the truth is about Bruce in that regard, I just know he is very connected to Gary and still on the Board of Hargrave Ministries. Bruce has money and smarts but I don't think of him as a big player in all of this. He just doesn't have the charisma to pull it off. My innate reaction was "THAT must be Gary's exit plan!" Gary uses people and he is probably just continuing to use Bruce Larson as he has for years (IMHO).

It is a big ego boost for Dr. Gary Hargrave, Chancellor of Shiloh U, to be linked to an Internationally respected organization like the Jerusalem Center and what a plan that must be. He gets to reap from what others sowed in establishing a relationship with Shlomo and the Center. Par for the course.

Why should former or current TLWF members care about Gary Hargrave's reinvention and yet another NEW DAY for him? Why does it matter?

For decades he has purportedly covered up for and enabled sexual predators. For years, he has lived a very wealthy, grandiose lifestyle at the expense of hard working people who were convinced that they were supporting God's kingdom. He has been greatly enriched by the volunteer labor of young and old alike. Is there any justice? Maybe not. Has he truly "stepped down", or is he still running things from behind the curtain? No one seems to know. Why is that? As Onion said, "Follow the money".

Date: March 08, 2019 12:04AM

Reepicheep Wrote:

> Why should former or current TLWF members care
> about Gary Hargrave's reinvention and yet another
> NEW DAY for him? Why does
> it matter?
>
> For decades he has purportedly covered up for and
> enabled sexual predators. For years, he has lived
> a very wealthy, grandiose lifestyle at the expense
> of hard working people who were convinced that
> they were supporting God's kingdom. He has been
> greatly enriched by the volunteer labor of young
> and old alike. Is there any justice? Maybe not.
> Has he truly "stepped down", or is he still
> running things from behind the curtain? No one
> seems to know. Why is that? As Onion said, "Follow
> the money".

Yeah, knowing what I know now, if I just had a child, the last thing I would want is his involvement in the kid's life. I wouldn't be too excited about his attendance at a baby dedication. In fact, it would fill me with trepidation.
To those still on the fence & reading this forum--don't fall his show of 'love and concern' for the newest generation. Learn from history. Yes, people can change, but not before openly and honestly acknowledging what they have done (or not done) to harm other people's lives. The last you should allow is to have yet another generation subjected to this abuse.
BTW, I only had one interaction with Kevin, in the early 90's at Shiloh. My impression at the time was that he was kind and funny. However, I don't think you can do good if you're completely loyal to an evil person.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2019 12:06AM by changedagain.

Date: March 08, 2019 03:35AM

BTW, does anyone know whatever became of John Grill. Is he in Brazil?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.