> that I can't imagine surviving as a church for
> long.
>
> What I can't understand is, if people want to
> continue in a TLWF church format, how are they
> planning on bringing in new people so that there
> would be enough people to actually keep a church
> going?

Much of what has been done in the past hasn't been motivated by a concern for the welfare of the people, which would naturally foster an spiritual environment to draw in newcomers. It seems the main interest has been the church properties themselves. If the numbers dwindle, the remaining people can be encouraged to move to another locale (uprooting their lives), taking their tithes and volunteer labor to a more healthy church (if any now exist). There's a very long history of that scenario playing out. Usually, of course, the people first need to be incessantly blamed from the pulpit for things not working out. Remember--they have been privileged to receive a pure, unadulterated 'living word' for many years. If there is no fulfillment, it has to be their fault. Let the beating commence!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2019 11:18PM by changedagain.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Onion ()
Date: March 05, 2019 12:01PM

A lot of people have wondered and even speculated about what Gary might have up his sleeve in all that has happened since so many people began to blow the whistle on church abuses, especially in CLW/COL/TLW.

I think Gary's exit plan was started quite a bit before anyone went public on FB. The response to his request for letters in the context of his 360 thingie was apparently astounding. There were even groups who refused to write letters so long as Rick was in power. Things started toppling pretty quickly at that point.

I put together some info a few months ago that led me to the opinion that Bruce Larson was making a play for the Jerusalem Center in Israel. I saw online that Shiloh U and the Center are doing some travel plans as joint sponsors. I don't know what the truth is about Bruce in that regard, I just know he is very connected to Gary and still on the Board of Hargrave Ministries. Bruce has money and smarts but I don't think of him as a big player in all of this. He just doesn't have the charisma to pull it off. My innate reaction was "THAT must be Gary's exit plan!" Gary uses people and he is probably just continuing to use Bruce Larson as he has for years (IMHO).

It is a big ego boost for Dr. Gary Hargrave, Chancellor of Shiloh U, to be linked to an Internationally respected organization like the Jerusalem Center and what a plan that must be. He gets to reap from what others sowed in establishing a relationship with Shlomo and the Center. Par for the course.

I just heard from a completely bizarre source that those guys made a trip to Israel as Shlomo (the Center's founder) lay dying and maybe already comatose. That set off blaring sirens for me because that is the tactic that I believe was used as JRS lay dying by Marilyn with Gary's help.

There is so much yet to be exposed. We may never find all the evidence. We may never get the complete picture and I am not suggesting that I have that complete picture yet. But I am hopeful.

That's just info and is subject to change as I continue to gather pieces of the puzzle. I just want as much info out there as possible because I feel like Gary is trying to establish an International presence while stealing another old man's legacy. (Again, just my opinion.)

But that's why I post like I do. Sometimes I get angry when I look at the ruin caused by coddling sexual predators and using so many people to a crazy degree but for the most part, I am not mad at individual people.

I am not seeking personal revenge and I have never once heard any of the victims (not that I've talked to all of them) say they want a "pay-day" and that has never been my motivation.

I have preached "follow the money" because I believe greed underlies much of the wrongdoing and I believe when the money is followed all the way from A to Z, fraud and deceit will be exposed on a shocking level.

If people feel like it is hurting people for me to come on so strong, they can understand my motive as explained above, but also know I don't want to hurt anyone -- unless exposing the truth causes the deceivers pain and that's just the normal consequence of their own conduct.

If I need to explain anything for the sake of everyone moving on, I am willing to discuss and consider anything that will help, short of being quiet. I will never submit to someone shutting me up again. But if it is up to me, I intend to keep pushing until as much truth as I can possibly uncover is laid out for everyone to see. There are a lot of other people dedicated to that exposure and I hope we all keep working on it until the job is done.

Posted by: Richard M. ()
Date: March 05, 2019 12:28PM

Onion, regarding your last paragraph, you can explain it to them but you can't comprehend it for them . . ... .

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: March 05, 2019 10:58PM

Onion:
"It is a big ego boost for Dr. Gary Hargrave, Chancellor of Shiloh U, to be linked to an Internationally respected organization like the Jerusalem Center and what a plan that must be. He gets to reap from what others sowed in establishing a relationship with Shlomo and the Center."

Yes, it appears to be a very respectable organization. Below is a link to its website:

The Jerusalem Center for Biblical Studies
[www.jcbs.org]

Faculty:
[www.jcbs.org]

Date: March 05, 2019 11:05PM

894,308 page views to date.
Who ever said that discussing cult practices is tedious & boring? Well, I did...but obviously I was wrong :)

Date: March 06, 2019 12:44AM

Onion Wrote:

> I am not seeking personal revenge and I have never
> once heard any of the victims (not that I've
> talked to all of them) say they want a "pay-day"
> and that has never been my motivation.
>
> I have preached "follow the money" because I
> believe greed underlies much of the wrongdoing and
> I believe when the money is followed all the way
> from A to Z, fraud and deceit will be exposed on a
> shocking level.

Posted by: Tmason ()
Date: March 06, 2019 05:33AM

changedagain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Onion:
> "It is a big ego boost for Dr. Gary Hargrave,
> Chancellor of Shiloh U, to be linked to an
> Internationally respected organization like the
> Jerusalem Center and what a plan that must be. He
> gets to reap from what others sowed in
> establishing a relationship with Shlomo and the
> Center."
>
> Yes, it appears to be a very respectable
> organization. Below is a link to its website:
>
> The Jerusalem Center for Biblical Studies
> [www.jcbs.org]
>
> Faculty:
> [www.jcbs.org]

Perhaps it WAS a very respectable organization. They should be careful about the company they keep.

Date: March 06, 2019 05:36AM

I'm guessing some of you may have already read this, but here is the latest article by Andrew Marzoni.

Breaking away from a Boomer Christian cult
Read more: [thebaffler.com]

Date: March 06, 2019 06:29AM

A really good friend and reliable source just sent this information to me. I share an excerpt:

Just found out GH is in LA right now and that he is getting together with people, (trying to build alliances in my opinion). What he doesn't understand is for pretty much every TLWF loyalist, their children are going to make sure that GH never controls anyone again. We are all fighting to make sure he does not control our parents or us ever again. He needs to back off or we fight harder. I know many of my peers in LA and elsewhere feel this way. Feel free to post that info.

-------

Be alert everyone. Thank God good people are in every location paying very close attention to whatever attempts might be made to try to sneak back in and take over again.

Date: March 06, 2019 07:18AM

The Jerusalem Center that was founded by Shlomo is not connected to the center shown above. TMason - Unless I'm wrong? But the one Shlomo founded is mentioned in the magazine article published by Andrew Marzoni - little red flag already posted the link, but here it is again. It is VERY much worth the read.

[thebaffler.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.