Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: puddington ()
Date: February 22, 2019 08:40AM

Richard M. You mentioned George Pipkin and that made me smile. He was a great guy. I met him several times and really liked him. That family was one of the only families that survived with the “unequal yoke”. I suspect Carol was under pressure from Marilyn to divorce George. Thank God she never did and their family remained intact, even though George never joined the LW.

Most of us were not so fortunate.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Richard M. ()
Date: February 22, 2019 10:07AM

puddington, you likely knew George better than I. While we were friendly, it mostly grew from my insight into corruption at the then Malabo Sheriffs station I previously talked about. But one thing I was sure about was the insidious scheme of creating what was known as the woman group of "intercessors," some five or six?, ostensibly protecting Stevens from "demons." For me, a joke of monumental proportion. While it might be embarrassing to some from revelations of the past, and with the truth confronted in the light of a new day, in reality they were likely more concubine recruits than were ever protecting Stevens from anything. I just find it hard to apologize for my perception of the truth. At that point, Marilyn was so deeply engrossed in the "Word" and as one of the intercessors herself, that she became more open about it and kept trying to convince me that this incredible folly was somehow sane. It wasn't . . .

Regards,

Dick

--

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: February 22, 2019 01:31PM

Richard M.,

I remember those days of the elite intercessors group. Somehow they knew years before anyone else did that JRS had a "nephilim wife", and were actively praying for her death. They knew that Stevens had prophesied against Robert Kennedy, and were strangely ok with his assassination because it was "God's will". How is that Christian? Many times various ones received private counseling with "the Apostle" in his church office, although he taught elders and others that they should never counsel a female congregant alone. I observed on several occassions that during personal ministry to one of the intercessors, he would remove some "battle" from their spirit that had come from their husband. Also, there was sometimes a rather adversarial relationship between that group and the elders. The intercessors were the more elite of the two groups.

Thank you for bringing this out into the open. It always seemed that Steven's way of relating to this special women's group was off. It gives me no pleasure to hear more confirmation regarding the immorality issues, but they have been buried for too long, and there are less and less people around to tell the awful truth.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: February 22, 2019 04:23PM

REEPICHEEP:

Continuing with your WHEN PROPHECY FAILS theme, I'm posting what I wrote on the community page.

THE WALK of John Robert Stevens

I have mentioned previously that the greatest disservice done to all, regardless of which generation, is what was initially advertised as a 'walk with God' devolved into John Robert Stevens' (JRS) version of a 'walk with God'. This may seem obvious, but it deserves closer scrutiny.

Many of us who have come out on the 'other side' of our TLW involvement have actually found a deep personal relationship with our 'still small voice' with or without any religious context, much like many in humanity have over the ages. Attributing this relationship to Spirit, Universe, Creator, Higher Power, Jesus, Buddha, Energy, or Donald Duck, doesn't really matter. Unfortunately, there are also those who feel so lost they have completely discounted the idea that there is 'anything out there' at all, and thereby fail to recognize what is actually 'in here' -- but that is a story for another chapter.

Those of us in the second generation that enlisted in the JRS era were actually allowing everything to be defined by JRS' 'walk with God', which consequently, discounted our own. The current JRS-hardliners keep referring to their allegiance to 'the word' JRS spoke as equally infallible as they believe the Bible is, meaning, even though JRS may have had his weaknesses in the flesh, 'the word' was still true. This is what needs closer examination.

1) In both his affair with Naomi Klein in the '60s, and his affair with Marilyn in the '70s, he fully endorsed praying for the death of his then current wife, Martha -- was that a 'true word'?
2) Does anyone even today (hardliner or not) engage in 'violent intercession' as an accurate representation of their relationship with 'god' -- was that a 'true word'?
3) Did the 'kingdom' actually come in 1979 -- was that a 'true word'?
4) Was he the 'first fruits' to break into resurrection life -- was that a 'true word'?
5) Did a 1000 prophets march across the land taking over the 'seven realms' (which I cannot remember) -- was that a 'true word'?
6) Did his death 'bring down Satan' -- was that a 'true word'?
7) Do people really battle principalities and powers hiding behind every fire hydrant -- is that a 'true word'?
8) Are only the people who profess to be 'christians' the 'chosen ones' of god -- is that a 'true word'?
9) Does God demand a 'sackcloth & asses' foundation to our relationship -- is that a 'true word'?
10 ) Did any of his 'lofty visions' chronicled in the 'Shape of Things to Come' ever manifest -- was that a 'true word'?
11) Feel free to fill in all the ones I am failing to remember . . .

The point being, there was quite a bit of the 'word according to JRS' that held no water at all, and with so many holes in the bucket, one would be hard-pressed to justify carrying his water at all, in spite of all his frailties, deceptions, cover-ups and cons that are now coming to light. What is even more painfully clear, he spoke out of one side of his mouth and 'tickled our ears' while loving the limelight, but made little or no effort to demonstrate an adherence to walk in the very word he spoke.

I would venture to say that all those I served with for decades had/have more integrity in their little finger than the very man we professed to follow as the 'apostle to the kingdom'. God only knows how this even got translated into the G&M era when the 'lamp' was more of a 'tramp', with little more to say than narcissistic babblings that made little sense even to the most simple-minded, which we had obviously become after being worn down for decades by 'words from God'.

I for one can say my relationship with the 'still small voice' looks NOTHING like the 'walk of JRS', for which I am thankful on a daily basis. Those who know me well know that I 'walk my talk', something TLW leadership has failed to do from the start--with a few exceptions.

Thus endeth the epistle.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: February 22, 2019 06:16PM

PARALLEL UNIVERSES of COGNITIVE DISSONANCE

I apologize in advance for introducing the political as it parallels the religious, and hope that I haven't broken any community standards in the process. One can only sit back in amazement at the levels of cognitive dissonance glaringly displayed in both the TLW and Trump sagas. (Sorry if I offend any Trumpians, but I would ask that you consider reading to the end.)

The blatant escapades of both are being shouted from the rooftops, only to fall on certain ears that are deaf, and eyes that are blind. Tremors will register on our Richter Scale when our paradigms are shaken. We see what we believe, which leaves our beliefs wide open to question.

Those who have chosen to stay in the dark have been kept in the dark the whole time. Having only bought tickets to the 'JRS/Donald SHOW', they refuse to acquire the backstage pass that would take them behind the scenes. We who have been granted access see that corruption has infected everything in close proximity, and the deception has been perfected and then foisted upon the faithful.

We know the shoes will fall, but the tension is requiring climax. SWEET RELEASE cannot come soon enough.

Posted by: NancyB ()
Date: February 22, 2019 10:32PM

puddington Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Richard M. You mentioned George Pipkin and that
> made me smile. He was a great guy. I met him
> several times and really liked him. That family
> was one of the only families that survived with
> the “unequal yoke”. I suspect Carol was under
> pressure...
>
I am loving hearing these name"s like Carol's whom I had not heard of in decades. Very nice.

Posted by: NancyB ()
Date: February 22, 2019 10:42PM

Reepicheep Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Richard M.,
>
> I remember those days of the elite intercessors
> group. Somehow they knew years before anyone else
> did that JRS had a "nephilim wife", and were
> actively praying for her death. They knew that
> Stevens had prophesied against Robert Kennedy, and
> were strangely ok with his assassination because
> it was "God's will". How is that Christian? Many
> times various ones received private counseling
> with "the Apostle" in his church office, although
> he taught elders and others that they should never
> counsel a female congregant alone. I observed on
> several occassions that during personal ministry
> to one of the intercessors, he would remove some
> "battle" from their spirit that had come from
> their husband. Also, there was sometimes a rather
> adversarial relationship between that group and
> the elders. The intercessors were the more elite
> of the two groups.
>
> Thank you for bringing this out into the open. It
> always seemed that Steven's way of relating to
> this special women's group was off. It gives me no
> pleasure to hear more confirmation regarding the
> immorality issues, but they have been buried for
> too long, and there are less and less people
> around to tell the awful truth.

Yes, thank you Richard, we needed to know the truth.
There always were people who knew things were "off". But, when "we" questioned properly "we" were "crazy". If "crazy" meant that we were right all along, then call us "crazy" and we had nothing to be ashamed of.

What a relief!
What a relief! I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry and jump for joy...therapy next week will be very helpful as I personally, work on undoing my faulty beliefs.

Thanks again Richard M, so very much.

Posted by: Road to Damascus ()
Date: February 23, 2019 04:31AM

Breaking news, the Shiloh group facebook page is down with no notice given or reason either. It also appears that most of the other sites are down also. Censorship of the truth seems to be the cause. Interesting to me that in the Land of the Free where freedom of speech is treasured, that fear of people hearing other than the company line causes censorship and tactics like this to keep the remaining members in line. I think they will be surprised when independent Iowa farm folk say enough is enough. Way to go people.

Posted by: Richard M. ()
Date: February 23, 2019 04:55AM

Reepicheep and NancyB:

My one regret here, when reading what could have been a more intrusive protest and correction by me at the time into what should have been openly obvious to all, was to stand up at a major gathering and say all that I now "report." I considered it, but as well the plethora of plausible outcomes affecting I neither knew "whom," nor how. I had no doubt there were others who knew or felt similar but held their tongues for their own reasons. My education, duty and belief in the constitutional right to freedom of religion, seemingly unhindered by competing levels of faith, I deferred to my family, such as it was, and only told all to the one church elder I thought would inform church operatives, Alton Marivold. Of course, Stevens, by our personal contact and one long ride together with Marilyn to visit a property he owned while we were on vacation at one "church camp" I was conned into stopping at, already knew my disdain for him and his phony persona and pyramidal scheme to be and stay rich. (I touched on this in a previous post.)

Regards,

Dick
--

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: February 23, 2019 08:46AM

Dick, did you ever consider taking legal action against John Robert Stevens? It appears to have been a situation of “alienation of affections”.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.