Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: February 20, 2019 04:41PM

RICHARD M.:

I stand with many who offer our thanks for supplying yet another important puzzle piece in this very sordid tale. Ones like yourself are unique in being able to contribute perspectives carefully hidden from the 'general public', a strategy well played for decades up until recent times. Please continue to both contribute and correct the record with any details you feel pertinent to the cause of bringing this movement to a grinding halt.

Thanks again.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: February 21, 2019 05:49AM

Richard M.

...Stevens made it clear to Richard that taking as much as you can through the gifts of others without being known for it or otherwise caught for your self-serving and sycophant goals, was the height of success. And he was still reaching for it partly through the willing help of Marilyn.

Between this and the accounts of motel room trysts up on the Boulevard, it's pretty clear to me, at least, that JRS was a phony and that he used people and their resources to fulfill his personal selfish desires without concern for their welfare. So much for "THE Apostle To The Kingdom".

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: February 21, 2019 06:28AM

Reepicheep Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
Richard M.
>
> ...Stevens made it clear to Richard that taking as
> much as you can through the gifts of others
> without being known for it or otherwise caught for
> your self-serving and sycophant goals, was the
> height of success. And he was still reaching for
> it partly through the willing help of Marilyn.
>
>
> Between this and the accounts of motel room trysts
> up on the Boulevard, it's pretty clear to me, at
> least, that JRS was a phony and that he used
> people and their resources to fulfill his personal
> selfish desires without concern for their welfare.
> So much for "THE Apostle To The Kingdom".

Yes, at root, a con man--nothing more.
Meanwhile, I came across this (link below). I had no idea that The Church of the Living Word was seeking an answer to the problem of homelessness in L.A. County:

[www.churchofthelivingword.com]

Posted by: Richard M. ()
Date: February 21, 2019 07:16AM

"that little red flag," hello, and thanks. While there was bad stuff going on during my unfortune tenure with this fantasy church, I made some contacts there that had positive and lasting effects for an untold number of southern Californians regarding law enforcement that had nothing to do with the church. I provide that because in spite of the falsity and self-serving that was preeminent and obvious to me, there were some really fine and upstanding people involved. For one, George Pipkin if anyone recalls.. . . he could also fill in more of the story . . .

Regards,

Dick
--

Posted by: NancyB ()
Date: February 21, 2019 07:20AM

Grateful to Richard for this big box of puzzles pieces.
On that note coincidentally a cold case was solved today. [www.facebook.com]

Emotionally has hit me hard: Not related to that crime but, we were attending 'walk"group in New Port Beach a few years after a kidnapping and murder occurred 45 years ago. Now because of DNA scientific potential an arrest was made in Colorado- too close to home, again for me. My stomach is turning. What if this murderer was one of my neighbors?

In light of this coincidence, I have to wonder about any old DNA left behind for our "beloved door opener" that could come back to haunt him???? I think many of you are now more aware of the fact that our leadership moved people around form state to state when they got into some a kind of trouble. I am even more disgusted to realize to a greater degree that we have no idea just HOW deep cover up go. I have no idea.

No reply in necessary -

I feel like WOW!HOPE! I believe we as a group can continue to make forward progress with resolving our issues as well has hopefully preventing future wanna be cult leaders being stopped in their tracks before they do more damage.

Date: February 21, 2019 08:10AM

NancyB, as an aside to your link to a DNA clearance of an old case, and what can result from even a backward start and long after the church was just a shadow in memory, when I retired from the LAPD in 1990 I was the Assistant Commanding Officer of Scientific Investigation Division and Director of the Technical Laboratory. Since then, DNA has rapidly become a boon to law enforcement and frustrating to would-be criminals. I wonder if any of those allegedly having been molested and abused in the cult had offered any such evidence through formal complaint? Maybe a coalition of the newer abused filing complaints from each geographic location would have a coordinated and terminating affect on this cult? But what do I know . . . .

Date: February 21, 2019 09:27AM

Prettyboy, Puddington, Reepicheep:

I'm not sure I can keep up with all this, or should, or that I might escape the ire from an unintended slur on someone, but it appears to me that faith in one thing can't overcome faith in a contrary other. That is, those still having faith in this "living church" and its minions, can't be convinced it's false without some conversion to a faith brought on by the sufficient trauma of abuse rising to an undeniable level of reality. Isn't that what has been happening? . . . I say this because for me, I never bought into it in the first place and remained an outsider for all intent and purpose. So my view of what should be done is jaundiced against most from the beginning. Hope that makes some sense. I just have the optimist view that no matter the extent of physical, mental abuse and injury, it can be absorbed and used to be better than we used to be. After all, we are the sum of both the good and bad that has made us who we are. Our mistakes should be little more than building blocks we learn from . . . . my motto? I'm in good shape for the shape I'm in . . . .

Date: February 21, 2019 10:09AM

I just have the optimist view that no matter the extent of physical, mental abuse and injury, it can be absorbed and used to be better than we used to be. After all, we are the sum of both the good and bad that has made us who we are. Our mistakes should be little more than building blocks we learn from . . . . my motto? I'm in good shape for the shape I'm in . . . .

Richard M. -

You are a good addition to this (growing) group - I like your style!

P.S. I never knew George Pipkin personally, but I knew the rest of the family and have always felt them to be salt of the earth people.

Date: February 21, 2019 10:47AM

that little red flag, that's another story. George was an LASO Captain, aid and speechwriter for then Sheriff Pitches when I first met him. I was involved with him in an internal affairs ongoing investigation where he ended up taking over command of the Sheriff's Malabo station and discipline of its captain and a number deputies involved in ongoing prostitution on duty. I think he later gained the rank of Inspector.

Posted by: Cloudwatcher ()
Date: February 21, 2019 11:39AM

changedagain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Reepicheep Wrote:
> -------------------------------------------------------
> >
Richard M.
> >
> > ...Stevens made it clear to Richard that taking
> as
> > much as you can through the gifts of others
> > without being known for it or otherwise caught
> for
> > your self-serving and sycophant goals, was the
> > height of success. And he was still reaching
> for
> > it partly through the willing help of Marilyn.
> >
> >
> > Between this and the accounts of motel room
> trysts
> > up on the Boulevard, it's pretty clear to me,
> at
> > least, that JRS was a phony and that he used
> > people and their resources to fulfill his
> personal
> > selfish desires without concern for their
> welfare.
> > So much for "THE Apostle To The Kingdom".
>
>
> Yes, at root, a con man--nothing more.
> Meanwhile, I came across this (link below). I had
> no idea that The Church of the Living Word was
> seeking an answer to the problem of homelessness
> in L.A. County:
>
> [www.churchofthelivingword.com]

What a joke. They want to make people think they care to try and bolster the image. It is sickening. In all the years--never did we do anything for the community and in fact were discouraged---it was considered beneath the "real" purpose of God.

Thank you Dick for posting. I remember you and your story makes me very sad. And yet I see your strong character and that you took the high road and being a good person mattered. I too struggle with just trying to be the best person and do right and do it for posterity. It is a hard and lonely road. It is just good that you have gotten this out there especially now.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.