-------------------------------------------------------
> CHACHAKITTY:
>
>
> Welcome to the FAMILY. I'm pretty sure your DNA
> concerns are shared by many both on and off this
> forum. As CHANGEDagain mentioned, you will
> find help and encouragement here from those who
> suffered the heat of the day like yourself.

Welcome ChaChaKitty

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: NancyB ()
Date: February 18, 2019 12:36AM

kBOY Wrote:
> PRETTYboy:
>
>
> Great story and awesome gesture. Do not discount
> the value of that act.

How kind you are pretty boy

>
> I drove a city bus for more than half a decade,
> and continually dispensed 'gestures of kindness'
> as part of my job, since a significant portion of
> my passengers either were or nearly homeless.
> Even in my retirement I continue the tradition,
> where living in a pedestrian community allows me
> the time to cultivate relationships and help where
> I can.
>
> I have intervened in suicide attempts, put people
> up for the night in motels, and even offered a
> young mother a room in our house. We do what we
> can do.
>
> LOVE that is given is LOVE that is increased.
> That is the real 'new day'.

Thank you kboy for shraing.

I am touched by you kindness, both of you. Not everyone is emphatic to other needs.I see love and kindness among most people who were in the "walk" and many who ares still inside.

When we have trolls drop by they are less than kind. When we tell stories how faithful people spoken up then specific leadership dumped them to the curb, cold and hungry with no where to go- there is a horrible contrast there. You 2 see a need and give what you can- no so with the clw leadership we are exposing.

So It think that those inside who have not really seen the things we in the forum describe can not be faulted for not knowing everything when they have been lied to. Some of the good people who remain in side I have known as loving and kind people for my whole life. I hope when they privately and quietly read some of our collective horror that somethings clinks-
- and the light bulb comes on.

Most of us in this forum have been kicked to curb and hurt badly in some way.

The quote post is examples of CLW survivors who are good people - not evil entities as the head leaders have proclaimed us to be - Still on the inside?

You have been lied to - ripped off. When members have spoken up they have gotten branded and shunned. Some of us have been on the street cold and hungry with small children and they laughed and mocked us after we had sacrificed everything to the church- we had nothing left. But strangers showed more love to us than did our beloved leaders. Yes, I am talking about the big leaders you trusted like jrs and M.

Posted by: LampShmamp ()
Date: February 18, 2019 01:37AM

NancyB: "Oh, yes, I want to see the criminals go to prison to be some bad mad's girl-friend and get what they deserve..."

I very often read things on this Forum that I disagree with wholeheartedly, but I learned long ago to keep my opinions to myself. This particular post is too heinous to ignore. It's not cute, it's not funny. It may even be part of a mindless rant that went too far, but it is still not okay to publicly express the wish that a person go to prison so he or she can be raped. What a strange thing to even think about. I assume the criminals would be Rick or Gary. Extremely not cool, totally inexcusable, NancyB.

Re: More questions about the back room meetings
Date: February 18, 2019 02:27AM

I have to wonder how many are still alive who were in the back room meetings. I always figured that there was some kind of emergency.
i think I've said this before, I was not in any except to be reamed out for being a bitch and to shut my mouth.

I had been close by at times - but did not participate in back room. I did sit in the upper room with jrs and M flitting a around. I hear stuff I should not have be privileged to hear. I was kind of used to that as I had played the piano for years. I was only in the upper room because I was basically under heavy watch. JRS and I had things we disagreed on. things I heard were disgusting. WE got moved to another church after my time in the upper room.

I thinks it's good way to filter trolls, but, anyone who was in the back room that is still alive would they not be now subjects of investigation for failure to report?

Date: February 18, 2019 02:31AM

Welcome HappySAd, glad you joined us.

Thanks for sharing.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: February 18, 2019 02:38AM

NancyB

Wimpy little apology is not repentance nor is it rehabilitation for sexual addiction of so many leaders who helped themselves to those vulnerable children/sheep who should have protected by the leaders. Sick. There is no way a religious leader can claim to speak words of the lord and the lord forgets to reveal heinous abuse. Does it really make sense that god gives wisdom to tell people how to run there lives but, God leaves how how to protect the flock?

For my self, I have to step out of a 'crazy" situation then say some of those odd things out loud before I can separate out the twisted lies. Journals helped me if I could keep them safely private.

For our family and friends who are still in: we love you. You will know when the time is right to ask the right questions. We are here for you.

NancyB, I like the idea of journaling to step back and make sense of the crazy cult life we experienced. I don't think I've heard even a wimpy aplogy from leaders, though. All I heard was, "We didn't know," which is clearly untruthful. No, they were wolves, not good shepherds. Their time ruling over us is past.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: February 18, 2019 02:50AM

Onion

As to forgiveness, depending on each individual's stage of recovery, I believe the best route is for people to consult their therapists or other providers with education in the area of abuse recovery and forgiveness before responding in a willy nilly fashion to a surface interpretation or another's opinion on how forgiveness works within the victim.

Forgiveness is a deeply complicated issue and should not be faced by abuse victims alone or after a cursory evaluation of the psychology of forgiveness. And definitely should not be acted upon based on the opinion of others. We walked through life that way far too long and the conditioning to continue to "obey" (or submit to) srongly worded admonishments from outside ourselves is much more important to deal with during the healing process in order to avoid additional missteps in our lives.

Each of us, all of us, any of us, must be allowed to reach our own individual recovery in a very personal way. No two people should be categorized and treated the same; especially not when the abuse was so long-standing (20 to 40+ years for many). Full recovery requires such a depth of uncovering within each of us and may occur over a long period of time of peeling layers and finding deeper wounds.

What a novel idea, Onion, consulting a professional in our recovery process. That's so important. We had our agency co-opted for so long. It is very refreshing to learn to use it again and own our thoughts and decisions. Peeling the onion here as well.

Date: February 18, 2019 02:59AM

40yearsin2016 Wrote:
> Talking about alcoholics...
>
> A few years after I'd left the walk, in the
> mid-80's or so I think, I looked up Winston Nunes,
> the famous layer on of hands from JRS's Latter
> Rain days in the event in Seattle that supposedly
> began JRS's unique revelations (later we found out
> he'd plagiarized most of it from a variety of
> sources, especially Latter Rain). Rev Nunes was
> still alive and preaching. and I as I remember he
> had jet black hair while in his 80's (what's up
> with evangelical preacher's and their hair color).
> I joined the congregation for a season, but being
> so PTSD over the Walk, I never got up the nerve to
> ask Nunes if he remembered JRS.
>
> Anyway, I distinctly remember one sermon Nunes was
> talking about substance abuse (don't remember
> why). He talked about aggressive and charismatic
> evangelical preachers he had known over the years,
> "preaching 8 - 10 times in a week, sometimes 4 - 5
> times on a Sunday", he commented that no human
> being could keep up that kind of pace without
> chemical support, either cocaine or alcohol. The
> whole thing stuck with me because I couldn't help
> thinking he was talking about JRS... I'd heard
> rumors but never knew for sure... imagine that..

Thanks for mentioning Nunes. Here's a link on his history. note right away Benny Hin is mentioned as a follower [lrm1948.blogspot.com]

Ok, so we all need teachers. What I find interesting is that there core "inspirations" for all of the well known preachers. My theory is that JRS along with all of these other evangelicals got their "revelations" from these other preachers who drew crowds ( Smith Wiggleworth, Aimee Simple MacPhearson, Kathryn Kulman - JRS spoke of ALL of them. WJ trained at Aimee's temple with JRS under his feet.)

2 points here

-plagiarism. Quoting someone id fine- but passing off as your unique messages straight for God- EH?
- looks like somebody loved the lime-light of the massive congregations.

Who can fault anyone fore wanting to self -improve or be an actor? Those who love to perform on a stage in front of a crowd study their skills. The are understudies of other actors and actresses. They learn to entertain the crowds. There's rush to be the star on a stage. ( Look at Aimee S McP and Kathryn K- so flamboyant!) They all knew stage tricks. m-m-m?

My theory is JRS aspired the same adoration. He learned from the most successful at it. I cringe to say this that as a young girls I was memorized by his style. JRS knew how to entertain the audience with a Bible in his hand. I felt the emotion every bit as much as I did when Bambie's Mother died and Rhet Butler told Scarlet " Frankly my dear, I don;t give a damn".

OUCH! Admitting to treasuring emotional feelings from theatrical productions of his preaching style is radical- I never thought i would say this.

Do I ever make any sense to any one? This is nuts!
Thanks again for mention Nunes.

Date: February 18, 2019 03:31AM

$4.95 for limited time only JRS Remastered!

[livingwordpublications.org]

I'm not spending my money on these remastered tape treasures but the descriptions of each message content are real gems from 1968. I remember every title listed on the eCommerce shop of the LW.

For those looking for history the blurb do tell the story of the seductive language to hungry people. I think, if you decided to read up on the predecessors ( MacPhearson, Kulman, Grahm) and contemporary popular preachers you may see how jrs ideas were borrowed from other meaga preachers he aspired to be like.

My theory is the John S wanted to be adored by massive crowds more than he loved ministering to people. He entertained with a bible in his hand- and he saw others profiting from preaching. My theory.

Posted by: Ohman? ()
Date: February 18, 2019 03:42AM

LampShmamp Wrote:
> NancyB: "Oh, yes, I want to see the criminals go
> to prison to be some bad mad's girl-friend and get
> what they deserve..."
>
> I very often read things on this Forum that I
> disagree with wholeheartedly, but I learned long
> ago to keep my opinions to myself. This particular
> post is too heinous to ignore. It's not cute,
> it's not funny. It may even be part of a mindless
> rant that went too far, but it is still not okay
> to publicly express the wish that a person go to
> prison so he or she can be raped. What a strange
> thing to even think about. I assume the criminals
> would be Rick or Gary. Extremely not cool,
> totally inexcusable, NancyB.

I personally think prison rape would be going easy on these two. Public stoning might be more satisfying.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.