Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Tmason ()
Date: February 13, 2019 09:48PM

Speaking of how the G&M dynasty drummed out any would be competitors....I was thinking that its seems very odd that the extremely popular elders that were beaten with an organic carrot and hung by their toes to dry seem to have family members that assumed leadership roles after their executions. Think Leilani, Sarah Staton Raba and her husband Bob..are there more that I dont know? Seems odd to me that the kids learned NOTHING from the way their parents were treated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: February 13, 2019 11:58PM

Tmason Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Speaking of how the G&M dynasty drummed out any
> would be competitors....I was thinking that its
> seems very odd that the extremely popular elders
> that were beaten with an organic carrot and hung
> by their toes to dry seem to have family members
> that assumed leadership roles after their
> executions. Think Leilani, Sarah Staton Raba and
> her husband Bob..are there more that I dont know?
> Seems odd to me that the kids learned NOTHING from
> the way their parents were treated.

Damn TMason...I was thinking the very same thing this morning. Not only were these competitors demeaned and driven out, their offspring were often co-opted by G & M. I could add to the list you made (quite a few names comes to mind), but I'm hesitant to do so.
How cruel: 'not only are we going to spread lies about you, defame you before the congregation, but usurp your place in your own family.' That's wicked power. I would shame these leaders (some now dead--like John and Marilyn), but sociopaths experience little if any shame. They just exploit the blind faith of their followers.

p.s. I wonder what the Menehunes think about this? I might get up 3:00 a.m. (channel time) and ask them. I am a bit frightened, though. Last time I asked them about a matter, they didn't respond...but I found a bag of rotten meat on my doorstep that same morning. Anyway, it's a new day, and I will give it another try.

Wikipedia description:
Menehune are a mythological dwarf people in Hawaiian tradition who live in the deep forests and hidden valleys of the Hawaiian Islands, hidden and far away from human settlements. The Menehune are described as superb craftspeople. They built temples (heiau), fishponds, roads, canoes, and houses. They were never paid for their work.

note: I edited the Wikipedia entry with the last line. It's important (I think) for the general public to realize how they were exploited.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: February 14, 2019 02:16AM

kBOY
POST TLW LEXICON:

~ Walk with Fraud
~ Shalom-oshima
~ Tramp of Israel
~ Apologetic Company (APCO)
~ Alcoholic Company (ALCO)
~ Center of the LoonyVerse
~ School of Profits
~ Impostor-stolic Company
~ Pervert Prince
~ Lying Word
~ Personal Misdirection
~ Queen of Con

My autocorrect supplied this one:

Church of the Living Weird

Date: February 14, 2019 03:00AM

Channel Time: A period of time when the connection to the Menehunes in Hawaii is clear. Usually around 3 a.m.

Date: February 14, 2019 03:50AM

BTW, we need to have a name for those "urgent" services that were called to address a situation--usually someone of significance that had a falling out with G & M. After a period of worship, the congregation would listen to tape where Gary would explain what had transpired, and why this person had been dealt with. I recall one in South Gate after Bill Maybee had a falling out with G & M. I don't recall the nature of his transgression...but do remember it being right around the time that Kevin H. and Marti got married (in Shiloh, I think). And then a later special meeting called for SG members to hear a tape in which Gary revealed that Marti was a lesbian, not willing to change and basically living an unscriptural life. I left that particular meeting before he had finished speaking. I think I was in a bad mood...or maybe just hungry. Perhaps both.

#cultmemories
#urgentmeetings
#urgentservices
#dealingsofGod
#gaslighting

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: February 14, 2019 08:55AM

Those who have Netflix may want to check out an excellent documentary called HEAL, covering all aspects of healing from many different alternative modalities.

Date: February 14, 2019 09:22AM

kBOY Wrote:
> Those who have Netflix may want to check
> out an excellent documentary called HEAL,
> covering all aspects of healing from many
> different alternative modalities.

Thanks kBoy, I'll check it out.
I'm also going to watch the debut of Larry Charles' The Dangerous World of Comedy.
He travels to some of the scariest places on the planet and talks to those taking the risk of doing comedy. I think the first episode is this Friday.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2019 09:23AM by changedagain.

Posted by: NancyB ()
Date: February 14, 2019 10:47AM

lily rose Wrote:
> Thanks puddington. While I don't know who the
> woman and her son are, I do believe what most of
> you have suggested that at the time she was a
> victim. She probably was quite young at the time
> and JRS was probably 20-35 years older than her.
> However, today she would be in her 60's or 70's. A
> few years ago during a conversation with Apostle
> Dog, I referred him to a conversation on FactNet
> in which a male member from South Gate posted that
> he asked JRS about having affairs to which JRS
> responded that he was impotent. I think at the
> time of that conversation with Apostle Dog I
> believed it. I'm not so sure now given JRS's track
> record of lying to members. Also, I learned that
> the woman and her son are no longer members of
> TLWF. Going public can be a way for some victims
> to reclaim what they believe they lost. I think we
> are seeing that today in the ME TOO movement.
> However, during that time when the woman gave
> birth, I wasn't suggesting that JRS tell the
> congregation her name. I was suggesting that JRS
> should have confessed his abuse of power and then
> resigned. That said, I would not judge or cast
> anyone in a negative light who would come forward
> today with the name of the woman so as to provide
> evidence. After all these years she has obviously
> moved on and reclaimed her life.

"Impotent" means squat. I've heard that "excuse" before and people tend to buy it when they want to be in denial. There is" more than one way to skin rabbit."

And I flash on Clinton's definition of "sexual relations."

Date: February 14, 2019 11:28AM

changedagain Wrote:
>
Chaos1952
I am curious about something. I
> was familiar with all the Living Word churches in
> the Southeast United States when I was in it, but
> I had limited exposure to the churches of the
> other areas of the country. Other than a visit to
> Shiloh now and then, and a call to Com-central or
> whatever that was it. We just listened to the
> tapes and nothing was mentioned about any
> "designated relationships." Was all that going on
> while John Stevens was alive or is that something
> Marilyn added on later?
>
> uh oh, Chaos. This has the potential of
> introducing an endless topic. Anyway, there are
> people that frequent this board far more capable
> of describing the origins of this concept--and how
> it played out (hint: the sheep suffered) than I.
> Let them tackle it!

I'm 6 years late to put my 2 cents worth in this thread. The term "Designated relationships" was not a term that I heard used prior to when I left in '83. However, relationships were broken apart only to match up people who had no opportunity to form any kind of relationship prior to marriage.

I had a very long term relationship with a boy also in "our church". About the time we were to graduate from High School. the word came, " Verily, verily I say-th unto thee.." They prophesied in King James still. I was called up for the Bro to lay hands on me. I was told I had to go to CA- God was concerned I would get pregnant and not finish my education. I was being set up to marry one of the leaders son's who was rejected by my older sister. later I got the word to marry him.

I was not the only one who the bro messed with in any kind of relationship. There was not a label to it, yet. It was all so "prophetic," and embarrassing to inadvertently accuse me and my good Christian boy friend of - you know- in front of the congregation. The brothers had no real revelation of any hanky-panky because we still good kids with Christian goals.

Around the late 60's is when the meddling in relationships became clear to to me. I guess it really got our of control and labeled after I left in '83.

Date: February 14, 2019 12:05PM

corboy Wrote:
> Chaos wrote:
>
>

You need to realize that if you were
> deceived, it was your own fault. That is a hard
> thing to say, but for whatever reason, you ignored
> the red flags, you knew that the Walk was strange
> while you were in it.
>
> (Am offering this as an outsider. I got burned in
> other things)
>
> This is difficult to sift out.
>
> Its not helpful to say people recognized thigns
> were strange while they were in the Walk.
>
> Some of us will recognize a group or church is
> 'off-key' but continue with it.
>
> But there are those among us who cannot easily
> identify that something is 'off key' or 'strange'.
>
> Those of us who grew up in strange families.
>
> We learn to ignore, rationlize even 'normalize'
> the strange behavior we witness at home.
>
> For example, my mother drank all the time.
>
> I learned to ignore the smell of alcohol on her
> breath.
>
> To this day, it takes me many extra minutes to
> recognize alcohol on people's breath.
>
> Yet I can pick up the aromas of other body odors,
> coffee, garlic, ocean breezes - to name but a few.
>
> Thats where growing up in some strange
> environments can lead people to ignore signals of
> danger or boundary violation.
>
> and may lead them to ignore red flags in a
> potentially bad relationship, job or church.

Corboy made what I think is a critical observation. I grew up in a "very strange family." It would;d interesting to explore how many of us did or did not have healthy family relationships going into the "walk". Personally, I had not experienced "norm family" when my parents joined Christian Tabernacle around 57 or 58. What I found as a young child at that church was a lot of loving attention that I craved. I was for the more part treated
very well by Grandpa Stevens, the elders and their wives and their children.

John S visited - I was mesmerized by is speech pattern and voice. (There are some very old recording of John that if you get a chance to listen to you may discover why the first generation loved him.

What I did no like about John coming to town was that we kids had to stay up far past bedtime son school nights- the try to cover up at school why we were falling asleep- oh wait!- It was "normal for mys siblings and I to not have betimes. Our parents were dysfunctional. My siblings and I were ashamed and try to look normal.
Looking back- oh yes there were RED FLAGS like crazy! As baby boomer children , no matter how we felt, we all knew to be silent unless spoken to.

I have no idea why the first generation did not see thru' the step by step process. WWII had not been over for that long in those days. They all new Hitler was bad, yet, I don't think the first generation really knew how Hilter's pattern of speak etc. was a game plan for John Stev- Nazi's used children in propaganda- we can study and learn from that now. I don't think the first generation was aware of how German nurses were indoctrinated step by step to euthanize the disabled in hospitals to make room for their wounded soldiers.

I don't believe the first generation had anything to study about how the German
Youth were indoctrinated to turn on the parent if they had to. People who had Jewish neighbors or co-workers were convince that JEW were vermin in very sneaky ways.

In 2018 we adults have that knowledge base now to know when to trust our gut when red flags pop up. I don't think that the first generation had the knowledge base for the skills to foresee
the future that they were being conned step by step

As a kids I felt very creeped out many times, but I love the love I was getting at church. If I were to ask and adult I feared getting smacked across the room.

Those "smells" corby wrote of - oh yeah! for me they were there. i did not know what the heck to do with those red flags. Who would have listened nayway?

I have no real answers. I know that some folks, depending on their "generation" may be looking for who was responsible for not saying " NO that's a red flag."

In my opinion, I think each individual will have to examine there own unique situation- that may include having to accept that the damage may have been deeper and have started in their own families before JRS came along - or not.

If we all only blame JRS for our issues, I think it will delay our maturing as survivors. - I am not excusing the false messiah nor his whore at all. _ I just think that unless "we" look at the whole picture of why were were so vulnerable out side of jRS we may continue to fall for the same lines of people who want to take advantage of any one they can for their own gain.

We are responsible for our own healing - don' t let that cult continue to rob you of normalcy and joy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.