Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Date: February 07, 2019 03:50AM

Prettyboy -

Darn, that flight to Iowa left without us.

(P.S. 56 and sunny, after a few days of rain.)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: February 07, 2019 04:42AM

818,000+ page views to date...
Not that I pay attention to trivial stats :)

Posted by: Stardomino1 ()
Date: February 07, 2019 01:45PM

One thing I thought while in TLW was that when I had a meeting with the Lord it was because I was in such a ‘Deep spiritual church’ that others outside the walk did not experience this. When I left, I did not go to any church for about 10 years. Then I gradually attended a church. What I found is that God was not limited to TLW.
I discovered that God is not limited to any church but meets us as we seek Him. It really took way too long for me to realize this. I know everyone has their own experience, but TLW was way too based on man’s teaching and could never achieve what it considered the living word. Only God’s word is true. I really hope people hanging on to man’s teaching realize creation is much bigger than any person.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: February 07, 2019 04:53PM

StarDomino1:

As you have discovered, there is evidence of the LOVE our CREATOR has for us everywhere you look. Only fools believe they have the 'market cornered' on the 'next big thing' coming out of HEAVEN.

Posted by: Stardomino1 ()
Date: February 08, 2019 01:41AM

kBoy()
Well said! Thank you

Posted by: SunnyFord ()
Date: February 08, 2019 02:01AM

kBOY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> StarDomino1:
>
>
> As you have discovered, there is evidence of the
> LOVE our CREATOR has for us everywhere you look.
> Only fools believe they have the 'market cornered'
> on the 'next big thing' coming out of HEAVEN.

Love it!

Posted by: JesusJesusJesus ()
Date: February 09, 2019 11:00PM

Pretty Boy - might have to take you up on that sometime. Not only do I love antiques (my grandpa was an antique dealer and I spent many happy childhood summers at auctions and sanding and refinishing things with him), but I do love good Mexican food. We lived in Guatemala for four years, and got there by driving through the good ol' U.S. of M.

Changed Again - Smart move. Polar vortex every time. Hands down. And, it's all the better for its lack of Hawaiin shirts, which sometimes still cause me a bit of a flinch when I see them. :)

StarDomino - that is definitely the way we felt when we left too. I've heard others say the same thing. We all believed the lie - hook, line, and sinker - that we were getting some super elite, hyper-spiritual, groundbreaking Word there. Makes me gag thinking about it. I'm glad you have been able to move on and see the truth!

Date: February 09, 2019 11:22PM

JesusJesusJesus Wrote:

> Changed Again - Smart move. Polar vortex every
> time. Hands down. And, it's all the better for its
> lack of Hawaiian shirts, which sometimes still
> cause me a bit of a flinch when I see them. :)

Yes, particularly the oversized ones that possibly conceal a weapon. I try to avoid isolated personal ministry from someone wearing one of those :)

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: February 10, 2019 12:01AM

CHANGEDagain:

Personal ministry or:

~ Personal Misdirection (one for the POST-TLW LEXICON?)

Date: February 10, 2019 02:27AM

The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Altar_Kent Date: February 23, 2004 12:18AM

Is anyone familiar with this movement? It is based in Kalona Iowa at a camp/compound called Shiloh. IT is primarily located in the United states, but also has churches in Brazil and japan. It was founded by John Robert Stevens and first called the walk. Stevens came out of the Latter Rain movement, built quite a congregation, and then died in 1983. The Living word Fellowship is currently being run by Gary and Marilyn Hargrave.

IF you are familiar with it, there is an ongoing discussion about it at

[www.factnet.org]

I was a former member, born into the cult, and I still have family members in it. I would like to get a discussion going concerning this movement and its destructive teachings and abusive practices. If anyone is familiar with it, please post.

Thank you

Hi Altar,
Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you. I waited longer than a living word shepherd to respond--no excuse! Yes, I am familiar with this movement. In fact, there has been a discussion about it in this forum for almost 15 years since you first posted this question. Anyway, hope you are doing well. If you need anything, just ask. I will attempt to respond in a more timely manner.

all the best,
Changed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2019 02:28AM by changedagain.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.