Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Tmason ()
Date: February 05, 2019 10:38PM

kBOY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> P.S. It looks like the previous post was
> 8001 on page 801.
>
> CHANGEDagain likes to monitor those things.

TLW takes the lead on CEF with the most views! Way to go overachieving backsliders. I will interceed on all of your behalves, dont worry.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: February 05, 2019 10:41PM

changedagain Wrote:
> Ohman? Wrote:
> -------------------------------------------------------
> > From Hawaiian shirts to orange jumpsuits
> please!!
>
> great slogan :)

I still like the old school black and white stripped outfits. They look really good on the convicts out in the hot sun breaking rocks!
One can only hope.....

Date: February 05, 2019 10:43PM

changedagain Wrote:
> 755,000 page views to date...
> I think the reference to Travis McGee may result
> in a surge of page views.
> Just speculating.

Check again Changedagain....we are gaining speed.

Date: February 06, 2019 06:54AM

I'm good with being an overachieving backslider.

Its looking better and better.

(As one can tell, sometimes I don't put that much thought into my posts - just a gleeful reaction of anticipation!)

Posted by: Prettyboy ()
Date: February 06, 2019 07:05AM

thank you changedagain and onion for the clarification regarding "disingenuous". it is illuminating to read how many of the merries are resorting to humor in some of their posts; certainly a good tool in the kit of healing.

i recall that in the early-mid 70's (and perhaps later) there were 2 young "super prophets" paraded before the LA area congregations, peter and don. i believe don's last name was larson; any relation to the present san diego pastor recently mentioned? i wonder what happened to those 2 guys.

that i stated i thought it time for me to get off this steamrolling train of the merries was largely based on my sensing that i had contributed to the conversation as much as i could. after all, being 4 decades removed from my lw/shiloh experience what do/did i know compared to most every other person who posts here. on the other hand, by virtue of my participation whether by reading others' posts or posting comments of my own, i have become somewhat tethered to this group, most of whom i do not personally know. it would be a fallacy were i to state or believe that my life has not been enriched by my being a passenger on this steamrolling train of the merries.
happy trails, prettyboy

Date: February 06, 2019 08:22AM

my active involvement with lw/shiloh was from 1973 to 1978, a short time relative to most of those that post on this forum. in reflection, these were some of the ruses i bought (literally and figuratively) into:
in washington, iowa the urine analysis, distilled water and magic pills offered by a "doctor" sponsored by the gardner's (he was an elder in the washington, ia church).

a speed reading course offered by a lawyer and i think an elder from des moines. now this ruse was supreme and illustrates just how naive i was/we were. the essence of this ruse was that our minds are like a camera and if we enable ourselves to tap into the 90% of our brains, virtually unused, the sky was the limit. so all we had to do was simply glance, and i mean glance, at a page in a book no matter it be right side up or upside down; no matter if we started from the back of the book or the front, did not matter because our brains would take a photo and pazzam, we would know the book's tale. after several sessions and the hundred or so bucks we threw into the pot came the testing of the validity of the process. this came in the form of a quiz asking us questions about some of the books we "read" in our speed-reading exercises. the books we read and/or were tested on were not like sinclair lewis' "arrowsmith" or hardy's "tess of the durbervils (?sp, and i ain't gonna look it up now), no. we were tested on books like "moby dick" or "the wizard of oz" (frankly, i do not recall which books we were tested on, my point is we were not tested on anything other than the commonly known). so allow me some leeway on the questions that i do not recall and also please allow me some levity and humor (for those of you who like to laugh).

question
moby dick was the name of the first commercially offered dildo in the usa
moby dick was the name of king edward's of england grandmother
moby dick was a whale

2nd question re the wizard of oz
the dorothy character was based on the posthumously published autobiography of dorothy simmering
the wicked witch of the west got her sexual yummies from her employment of the moby dick dildo
oz is a fictional place referenced in a work of fiction.

pazzam, i got both correct and hence, my hundred bucks very well spent. as a result i now read 300 page books upside down, backwards and even unopened because now my brain is no longer untapped while reading dorothy's autobiography, holding a moby dick dildo (what am i supposed to do with this thing?) and having orgasmic thoughts about my beautiful wicked witch of the west and marilyn

Date: February 06, 2019 09:11AM

marilyn farms, now that should have been a ruse tipoff - what did marilyn know about farming? thankfully for me i was long gone before that.

i missed out on buying into the nevada silver mine, set the kingdom free ruse although i was in the church at that time. i mean, receiving $25/month on enos' farm in 1972 did not allow my participation. i do remember having a copy of his "the conspiracy that founded our economic system" (or some such such) wherein he mentioned the illuminati (much prior to the da vinci code book). i am certain many "bought" into that ruse.

but i did buy into the brazlian farm ruse, purchasing 10 acres for $3000 via a local bank loan signed by john bender, dorothy simmering's father ( in, methinks 1973, at which time i had started working at a couple of factories in washington, iowa. well, i paid of that loan at a $100/month + interest). so, maybe it was xmas time, 1974 i visited my parents in houston and told my father i owned 10 acres of prime brazilian farmland. he asked me if i had a deed and i told him no but that i had absolute trust in the parties with which i was involved. to his credit he did not contend but sometime after, while one of my brothers was visiting him, he said something like "i think your brother paul will always be poor". now there's a prophet! but there is a silver lining in this story. about a year after my exiting the church i threatened to complain to the iowa attorney general office or the federal attorney general office about this ripoff. i cannot recall the channels of what followed, whom i contacted or who contacted me but the upshot is that i sold my interests in the brazilian farms ruse for the $3000 i originally invested to the san diego church (brent finney then pastor?) at $100/month which was eventually paid in full. no doubt that i fared far better inthis ruse than most.

i think there is another ruse i bought into during my lw/shiloh experience, but at the moment such escapes me. will weigh in again if it comes to me.

Date: February 06, 2019 10:00AM

hey onion, how are you shining on? hopefully, splendidly. and how is your book coming - at least you are pondering a title, yes? along with your own i've no doubt some of the merries have suggestions. may i be in line with others for a signed copy? on the other hand, for you to write a book about your years of lw experience just might be too much for anyone to ask of you.

Date: February 06, 2019 10:14AM

dear changedagain,
again thank you for your clarification about your "disingenuous" comment. i thought that that was addressed to me given my previous comments about one's personal responsibility, etc. i can handle being characterized as being ignorant, insensitive or/and being a egotistical blowhard, but being "disingenuous"
might have been more than i could take. you got me off the hook on that one, thanks.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: February 06, 2019 10:23AM

PRETTYboy:

Your 'super-prophets' were Don Latzer and Peter Whitney, both of whom failed to make the G&M transition.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.