Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: February 04, 2019 11:58PM

As we share our stories, and reflect upon our experiences in TLWF, it's crystal clear that top leadership consciously employed manipulative techniques to keep us under their control, and use us for their purposes. Of course, now the mantra in some circles (TLWF loyalists) is to either deny these abuses took place, or claim they were very limited in nature--and those that could have stopped it in its tracks (G & M) were simply not aware of what was taking place. There is a vague acknowledgement that some abuse may have taken place, followed now by an offer to provide counseling, directed by former TLWf leadership. And don't forget the promise of an investigation by a supposedly independent law firm into these allegations...paid for by ?. Finally, the encouragement for ex-members to "Move Forward" into a new day. The response is every bit as disingenuous as I anticipated.
Anyway, thanks again Mary for sharing your process in discovering a path toward understanding and healing, and shedding light on what has been going on behind the scenes since the very beginning of this travesty. I think you once referred to it as 'A Walk With Fraud.' Very apropos.

p.s. I think you have a "right spirit." Not that I am one to make this determination :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2019 12:13AM by changedagain.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: February 05, 2019 12:16AM

!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2019 12:24AM by changedagain.

Posted by: kbyrne ()
Date: February 05, 2019 02:47AM

Onion,

I hope you write a book.

Date: February 05, 2019 03:40AM

kbyrne Wrote:

> When Gary and Marilyn became an item, that pretty
> much sealed the deal for me. That just seemed
> wrong. And I couldn't understand what Donna
> Hargrave (and his little girl) had done to deserve
> that. It just did not seem right.

This development should have sealed it for me, but it didn't. Good for you, kbyrne...listening to that inner voice, and leaving when you did.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: February 05, 2019 04:09AM

POST TLW LEXICON:

~ Walk with Fraud
~ Shalom-oshima
~ Tramp of Israel
~ Apologetic Company (APCO)

(Keep those cards & letters coming.)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2019 04:14AM by kBOY.

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: February 05, 2019 04:24AM

I find myself still softening towards JRS once in a while. Then I come across publications that describe the manipulation and mind control techniques that he used on all of us and I can only shake my head.

The keys provided by the writings I referenced on evaluating and manipulating people could be a textbook for exactly how JRS conducted the "family counseling" session I had with him and my family in late 1969. It was the first time I met him and I later respected him for his "discernment." Now I know what it really was. (Yes back in those years strangers could get counseling from him by calling him on the phone. Bob McClane referred my family to him.)

The link to the book Rape of the Mind is:

[whale.to]

Kboy - here's one: Imposter-stolic Company. School of Profits?

Date: February 05, 2019 05:03AM

kBOY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> POST TLW LEXICON:
>
>
> ~ Walk with Fraud
> ~ Shalom-oshima
> ~ Tramp of Israel
> ~ Apologetic Company (APCO)

Like many, I was baffled by some of the "words from god" I received from the Alcoholic Company (ALCO).

Date: February 05, 2019 05:07AM

Funfact:
Nearly every summer I volunteered to help at the Center of the Loonyverse.

Date: February 05, 2019 05:12AM

'War We Shall War
We Shall War Against
The Lie of Babylon'

note: I was in favor of adding an additional reference to war in the opening verse of this song, but it was not to be. Oh well.

Posted by: Prettyboy ()
Date: February 05, 2019 08:21AM

hi merry merries,
methinks for me, at this time to not only get to the caboose but get off the steamrolling train, at least for a season with respect with any additional comments from me while i listen to manfrd mann's "on the road to babylon. but before doing so i hope to get some clarification from changedagain with her/his recent comment which reads "the encouragement for ex-members to 'move forward' into a new day. the response is every bit as disingenuous as i anticipated". my puzzlement in your reference is to which is "disingenuous" - the ex-member or the responses. please advise

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.