Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: January 25, 2019 05:27AM

The shutdown continues...

Attachments: Mr. Shutdown.jpg (46.4 KB)  
Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: January 25, 2019 05:40AM

Not one to work without getting paid. Not one to work even if getting paid...big dollars. Actually, not one to work no matter what.
It's a principle he abides by.

#Christwith4paws

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: January 25, 2019 08:35PM

OUR STORY: Part Seven ~ SILVER LINING

One thing we will all be taking away from our TLW involvement will be the wonderful relationships we would not have had otherwise . Amidst all the heartache, the silver lining of LOVE we have for each other will transform every tear into JOY.

We should not be apologetic about having enJOYed ourselves at any point in our involvement, for it was those moments of CONNECTION that will have made it all worth while.

Posted by: SunnyFord ()
Date: January 26, 2019 02:13AM

I just registered last night but I decided to read through the whole forum in October after I read through Shalom's post and subsequent comments from others. I do remember finding this forum once years ago when I left and it helped to read through some of it but got busy with babies and forgot until Shalom...I think a lot of things will be until Shalom for awhile, huh?! Well, I was reading yesterday the dictionary of terms you guys had put together...I've read most of JesusJesusJesus' booklet...I saw the comment way back that someone thought there was a list of terminology in the 1958 version of the First Principles by Robert Stevens. I realized when I read that that I might still have my parent's old First Principles in the back of my guest room's closet and it made me jump up and go look. I had completely forgotten that I had anything left in the house. I've really not been a part of TLWF for maybe 19 years (my heart wasn't in it...except for the people)...my body in it for a few more years off and on. So I found it and it was the 1958 copy so here is the Terminology, for your viewing pleasure:

THE ANOINTING: In the Old Testament, oil was poured on the heads of those set apart for a priestly or kingly office by the prophets of God. Thereafter they were set apart unto God for that service and “anointed” to perform that service by the Spirit of God. In the New Testament, the Holy Spirit was poured out from Heaven upon the believers, and they were thus described as having received an anointing, I John 2:27. Thus we speak of anyone moving or speaking or ministering by the Holy Spirit as being “anointed” of the Holy Spirit.

TONGUES: One of the “signs” to follow the Word was the speaking with “new tongues” Mark 16:17. The “Tongues” in Acts, chapter 2, was the speaking with new languages they had never learned as they received the Holy Spirit. There is a Gift of Diverse Kinds of Tongues described in I Corinthians 12, which is the ability (God-given) to speak languages not previously learned. Abuses of tongues and restrictions upon their use is described in I Corinthians 14.

PROPHECY: Prophecy is an utterance inspired by the Holy Spirit of truths divinely revealed. Prophecy in the Bible sometimes meant foretelling events, or predicting, but the Gift of prophecy is given to edify, exhort and to comfort. See I Corinthians, chapter 14. Hence, the prophecies in the services may be only for the comfort of the people, and not for prediction of future happenings.

THE LIVING WORD: The letter of the Old Law, and the Scriptures as taught by men devoid of the Holy Spirit is death, and gives no life. II Corinthians 3:6-8. But the Word of God, illuminated by the Holy Spirit, and spoken under the anointing of the Holy Spirit, is living and life-giving. Hebrews 4:12. We speak of the “Living Word”, now, as that anointed utterance of a Word from God, because that Word is living, and it gives life.

“TO BE MINISTERED TO” - To receive help or counsel as other believers serve you to meet your need through the anointing of the Holy Spirit.

LAYING ON OF HANDS: One of God’s ways of imparting His Deliverance and Gifts to needy person through His Servants. Jesus laid His hands on the sick and healed them, and promised the believer would do the same. Mark 16:18. Gifts of the Holy Spirit were thus imparted. II Timothy 1:6. Also the Fullness of the Spirit. Acts 19:6. Ministries were commissioned and ordained to a divine service by the laying on of hands. Acts 19:3.

“TO MINISTER” - To serve or help another by means of the anointing of the Holy Spirit through some gift of the Spirit, such as a Word of Wisdom, Faith, Miracles, or Gifts of Healing, etc.

“A WORD” - You will frequently hear this phrase “I have a Word for you”, or “Brother So-and-so had a Word for me.” What is actually meant is this: The Holy Spirit had given a brother a “Word of Wisdom” or a “Word of Knowledge”, or a revelation concerning another person, and they brought that Word to them. I Corinthians 12:8. Great restraint should be shown in bringing another a Word as from the Lord. It is always best to minister to another in the presence of other ministries in the Church who may confirm that Word, if it is from the Lord. Many difficulties and much confusion is avoided by ministering in authorized groups in the church rather than privately.

“THE PRESENCE OF THE LORD” - This term is a literal translation of the Greek Word Parousia, which is usually mistranslated in the King James Version as “Coming” of the Lord. The Lord promised to do many things during His “Presence” in the last days. The word “Presence” implies an extended period of time in which He is revealed and works His will. The word “Coming” implies that all of these things prophesied for the Parousia would be done more or less instantaneously. This latter viewpoint has led to much confusion about the prophetical events of the last days.

THE CHURCH: This word is translated from Ecclessia, (Greek New Testament), meaning “The Called Out”. The Church is a spiritual body of believers called out from the World to serve the Lord. The New Testament gives us this picture: The Church is the Body of Jesus Christ. He is the sole head. The church is not a building or a denomination. It is a spiritual body of people, not an organization.

THE LOCAL CHURCH: This term designates the group of believers in a certain locality who gather to worship and to minister to one another in the New Testament plan for the church. The local New Testament church is a free, non-denominational, spirit-filled body fo people, governed and united according to the New Testaments instructions for the local churches, and they are not to be affiliated with denominations.

BABYLON: In Genesis 11, Babel was the origin of religious confusion. Thus Babylon in the book of revelation, chapters 17 and 18, is a symbol of Romanism and Protestantism in all of its denominational aspects, a source of confusion and unfaithfulness to the Lord Jesus Christ. Babylon of Revelation 17 and 18 is in contrast to the true church, the Bride of Christ of Revelations 19.

SUBMISSION: Is the accepting the control or authority of another, being obedient and compliant to those over you in the Lord. Ephesian 5:21 to 6:9 and Hebrews 13:17 teach the New Testament pattern for submission to divinely, appointed authority in the home and in the church.

REBELLION: Resistance to authority, or defiance of authority. This spiritual condition of rebellion is the problem of this age - II Peter 2:9-19, and seems to be the greatest problem in the lives of God’s people, that hinders their walking in a true ministry before the Lord.

GIFTS OF THE SPIRIT: These Gifts are endowments of the grace of God upon the individual Spirit-filled believer, and by these gifts they minister and serve the other members of the Body of Christ. I Cor. 12:8-10

APOSTOLIC MINISTRY: PROPHETIC MINISTRY: These are the ministries of the Apostle and the Prophet, which are the foundational ministries of the church. Ephesians 2:19-22. Often the Apostolic and Prophetic ministries may be found in those who will be later designated by the Spirit to be Apostles and Prophets, although that ministry is only in part at present.

IMPARTATION: The bestowal on another of a share or portion of that which God has given to you. In Romans 1:11 Paul longed to impart spiritual gifts to the Roman Christians. God is raising up ministries today that can impart to other believers that which God has endowed them.

“IN THE WILDERNESS”: A term taken from the experiences of the Israelites who were forced to go through a proving in the Wilderness before they were allowed of God to go into their inheritance in the land of Canaan. Jesus also was tempted in the wilderness before He entered into His ministry. Those who have received personal prophecies and been appointed a ministry usually go through a time of testing which we have referred to as “our wilderness.”

THE KINGDOM OF GOD: God’s KIngdom has always been a spiritual kingdom, “not of this world”, but in these days the truths of the Kingdom of God as taught in the New Testament have been particularly emphasized by the Holy Spirit, for the KIngdom of God is to fill the whole earth in these days ahead of us, and the “kingdoms of this world will become the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ.”

DISCERNMENT: Insight that the Holy Spirit gives into the need of problems or circumstances. It is a spiritual penetration into the underlying problems or bondages or oppressions of peoples. Discernment may be given through the Gift of Discerning of Spirit, or through the Word of Wisdom, or through the Word of Knowledge. I Cor. 12:8-10 or 2:8-10. (not sure)

REVELATION: The mainfestion by God of His will and truths to man. I Peter 1:10-12 shows that the prophets received these revelations from God that constitute the Bible. God is still showing His will and His truths to man.

ILLUMINATION: The enlightenment that the Holy Spirit gives the Word of God. Thus the Holy Spirit may reveal a truth to one, and as he declares the truth to others, the Holy Spirit illuminates that truth to them so they may understand it.

RESTORATION or RESTITUTION OF ALL THINGS: God’s bringing back the church to its New Testament condition (Acts) and glory. Acts 3:21. The correct translation of this verse reads, “until the time for the establishing of all of those things spoken of by the mouth of all the Holy prophets…” What God is doing today is more than a Restoration of the New Testament church - it is the establishing of His KIngdom on earth through the ministry of a church restored to its New Testament glory and more.

THE GLORY: The glory of the Lord is the manifestation of God’s presence and splendor to the spiritual and physical faculties of man. Thus when the prophets prophesied that God’s temple in the last days (Haggai 2:9) would have greater glory than the glory that was seen in Solomon’s temple, they meant that God’s presence would be revealed not only to the heart of man, but also to his eyesight. Isaiah 4:5-6

THE VISION: In Numbers 12:6 God says that He reveals Himself to the prophet by a vision or a dream. Old Testament prophets were sometimes called “seers” because of this faculty of spiritual sight. The realm of spirit actually became visible to many of them. II KIngs 6:15-17. This spiritual sight will be given to many of God’s servants in these days.

THE SPIRITUAL REALM: The realm of spirit-beings, such as angels, demons, Satan, as well as God and our Savior. In this spirit realm our great struggles take place. Ephesians 6:10-12.

THE LEADING OF THE LORD: God’s servants were always led and directed by the Holy Spirit as to what they were to do and to say. Today God is raising up a people who will be led of the Holy Spirit in everything they do or say. Romans 8:14.

FIRST PRINCIPLES: In Hebrews 5:12, this terms is used to describe the foundational, fundamental teachings of the Scriptures which every believer should know.

WORSHIP: A spiritual veneration, adoration, exaltation, and reverence of the Lord God, accompanied with thanksgiving and praise to the Lord. John 4:19-24 shows that God is looking for true worshippers who will worship Him in Spirit and in Truth. True worship is from the heart, and is not formal. It is not ritualistic, it is not mere thanksgiving, or praise, or singing.

SINGING IN THE SPIRIT: Mentioned in I Corinthians 14:15, it is singing before the Lord under the anointing and inspiration of the Holy Spirit. It is not singing from a hymnal. It is an inspired and anointed utterance by the Holy Spirit.

THE LORDSHIP OF CHRIST. In Philippians 2:9-11 Christ Jesus is to be our Lord. He is our head in Everything. Colossians 1:16-18. We speak much of His Lordship in these days for the Spirit emphasizes the dethronement of self, and man-rule that Christ might be our only Lord.

THE FLESH: The bodily nature as distinguished from the spiritual nature. The New Testament speaks of the flesh, as the old nature full of disobedience to the Lord.

CARNAL: Adjective describing that which is of the fleshly nature.

SOULISH: Adjective describing that which is of the Soul, i.e. his emotions, his will, his intellect. Much religious effort is born in the soulish realm of man, not in the realm of his spirit. Hence, in Hebrews 4:12, the Word of God divides in us between soul and spirit.

THE SIGNS: Many omens or portents come to God’s people today by the Holy Spirit. Some find their hands burning under the anointing of the Spirit, others find that burning on their lips when they are to prophesy or minister. Others find that the symptoms of the sick are given to them so that they have identical symptoms with the afflicted one to assure them of God’s will in healing the sick. We do not follow such “signs”--they follow us. Mark 16:15.

PENTECOSTAL: Pentecost was a Jewish festival kept the 50th day after the 2nd day of the Passover. On this feast day the Holy Spirit was given. Acts 2:1-4. Now the term Pentecostal has come to refer to the experience described in Acts 2, where they were filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke with other tongues. When most people say “Pentecostal” they have a movement of Christianity in mind, which has embraced the experience of Acts 2, but have also proceeded to become very sectarian and denominational in organization and procedure. Soon the term “Pentecostal” will refer to a very sectarian and denominational movement of Christianity instead of a spiritual experience with the Lord. The term should be avoided therefore, and another less abused term used.

FUNDAMENTAL: The foundational or necessary principles or teachings of the Word of God. The term “Fundamental” has come to refer to certain denominations and sectarian movements. All of these denominations and organizations called fundamental avoid giving any place or teaching about the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, the Gifts of the Holy Spirit, or Apostolic ministries, etc. Actually they have denied many of the “fundamental” truths. The term should be avoided as much as possible because of its abuse.

MOVE OF GOD: A term recently coined to cover all that God is doing to restore the churches and the ministries to the original New Testament power and pattern. Actually so many leaders today have called themselves “move of God”, while they were building an organization that was not scriptural, that the term has been abused. “Move of God” in the eyes of most discerning believers today is a term with self-imposed reproach, and should be avoided. Thus the revelation of the Holy Spirit has been, “Say no more, the move of God”.

LATTER RAIN: This is a scriptural term referring to the outpouring of the Holy Spirit, promised for the latter days. James 5:7. So many movements, claiming to have the “Latter Rain” have come forth in recent years, and none of them really possessed the true Latter Rain as described in the prophets, that now, “Latter Rain” is also an abused term to be avoided it does not mean to most people today what it means in the Scriptures.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2019 02:17AM by SunnyFord.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: January 26, 2019 02:40AM

kBOY wrote:
"One thing we will all be taking away from our TLW involvement will be the wonderful relationships we would not have had otherwise . Amidst all the heartache, the silver lining of LOVE we have for each other will transform every tear into JOY."

kBOY, no matter how much they told us to break bonds with everyone, the human heart will still love people. For all their admonitions not to have friends because that is a "soulish level", I believe that those who have broken their bonds of oppression are becoming free to express what was in their hearts and souls all along. To freedom!

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: January 26, 2019 02:46AM

SunnyFord, Welcome to the RR Forum. Thank you for finding the 1958 First Principles and posting the terminology. It's very enlightening.

Here are two of the most stressed doctrines in TLWF from the beginning, and the most damaging as well.

SUBMISSION: Is the accepting the control or authority of another, being obedient and compliant to those over you in the Lord. Ephesian 5:21 to 6:9 and Hebrews 13:17 teach the New Testament pattern for submission to divinely, appointed authority in the home and in the church.

REBELLION: Resistance to authority, or defiance of authority. This spiritual condition of rebellion is the problem of this age - II Peter 2:9-19, and seems to be the greatest problem in the lives of God’s people, that hinders their walking in a true ministry before the Lord.

You will not find much emphasis on these two points outside of the cult world.

Posted by: larry bobo ()
Date: January 26, 2019 05:53AM

Welcome SunnyFord! Thanks for posting the definitions from 1958. Like Reepicheep said, the definitions are not too bad until you come to “submission”. It’s not that I want to be unsubmissive, but after 30 years of letting another human play God, the fruit is destructive, not life giving. There is only one God - and it's not the leadership of TLWF! I thought the definition for Babylon right above it is pretty descriptive of where TLWF has ended up. Remember being told that the reason people who left TLWF started relating with each other was that they were being bundled as tares for judgment? Perhaps the same could be said for TLWF and the Catholic Church. They both like to hide sexual violations in the clergy when it might be damaging to the church system and leadership – in spite of how it damages the lives of the expendable “little people”. Jesus taught that “When you do it to the least of these, you do it to me.” How we treat everyone matters.

I wonder how many people are discovering that while they were told they being trained to move in oneness, they are now discovering that they have a difficult time even trusting or forming relationships with any other Christians – those that still even want anything to do with Christianity that is. I would suggest they were really being trained how to be dysfunctional and had no clue it was happening. Some have said they want to be more accepting and compassionate, less judgmental, and more caring for the marginalized of society, like it contrasted the teachings of Jesus. That’s exactly what Jesus taught. It’s the teaching of TLWF that is off base and produces such sick fruit. Jesus taught that we were to not only relate to, but love, even our enemies – not prophesy their destruction. That’s evil, not God.

It takes time to unravel the deception, and for many who have only recently parted ways with TLWF, it may still be too soon. Much of the reaction that many have, including myself, to forming new relationships is a programmed response. To put it more clearly, it’s brainwashing so that you don’t leave the group. It takes a while to re-discover yourself, when you’ve been a zero with the rim rubbed out. It also takes time to discard your Walk “perception” that is so flawed when it comes to understanding others. Until you spend time actually getting to know someone, you don’t really know them. There are lots of wonderful people in the world that can add so much benefit to our lives. They also can add much clarity to our blind sides – as well as we to them. The principles of the Kingdom have to lived out in community, not off by ourselves. You can't love one another when there is no other.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: January 26, 2019 07:00AM

WELCOME SunnyFord:

Thanks for the contribution. The irony will probably be long after TLW has become a distant memory, it's surviving publications will probably become collectors items as rare historical documents. Who would have thought they would be worth more 'dead' than as a 'living word.

REEPiCHEEP:

It is important to point out that every scriptural reference you listed is post-gospel (not referencing date of origin, but doctrine), meaning, the religion that was formed after what Jesus actually taught.

Also important is the fact that Jesus himself never demanded submission nor threatened rebellion either. We cannot forget his famous admonishment, 'Call no man father.'

LARRYbobo:

B R A V O !

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2019 07:11AM by kBOY.

Posted by: SunnyFord ()
Date: January 26, 2019 09:19AM

Larry, Reep, Kboy: It’s so true. I have found that I can’t trust organized religion any more. The thought of going to church causes near panic attacks. That’s any church for me. The trust has left me. It almost got to the point where I didn’t want to try to create friendships with anyone. First of all church is just out to use me and they’ll just suck me in and I need to take care of myself, my kids and my husband...I guess the biggest thing is I didn’t trust myself either, having been born into this. Being brought up hearing the words on being Submissive. I’m supposed to be good all the time. I’m supposed to be a Pure Atmosphere. It’s exhausting. I wasn’t supposed to be “soulish” right? Spiritual all the time. I stuffed it all so now I have anxiety issues that I’ve been working through with a therapist. I’m so thankful for Shalom because I am now fully admitting I grew up in a cult. Thanks for being here.

Posted by: Cloudwatcher ()
Date: January 26, 2019 03:09PM

Man I have not posted in a little while--have been reading but I am overwhelmed with shit right now so I am sorry if I seem rude. I see a lot of new names and welcome all to the journey out of the darkness.

I love you all and am so thankful to have you in my life. I am not being pithy today but will try to drum up some more good sarcasm and edginess in the near future. Right now I am very tired. The last few months have been harrowing to say the least.

Keep up the good work. As Kboy points out often--it is going to take time and persistence so we are in it for the longer haul. Never thought we would see this in our lifetime--but again, as Kboy points also points out time an again--it has been reaching critical mass for some time. The money--it is about the money.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.