Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Onion ()
Date: January 23, 2019 09:31AM

Jez - I just love you. And I understand completely.

From the beginning as people started coming out of the woodwork to expose their stories, I felt there was really a sense of care and respect for one another and CLEARLY people have to follow what is right within their hearts and what is best for their families.

I have never wanted anyone to feel pushed into participating in anything. If that mindset takes root in anyone's life it will be another version of what we all faced under the control of TLWF.

THERE IS NO "ONE RIGHT WAY" TO HANDLE THIS.

Each of us deserve to be healed. To me, that is the priority. If, along the way, some of us with loud mouths and nothing to lose can take aim at seeing to it that those who perpetrated wrongdoing will face consequences then that is a lovely addition to the goal of healing. I am certainly still in a very raw state myself.

Everyone should take care of themselves and their family first. That flippin' church took too much priority for too many years. It's a new day.....

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: JezTheBelle ()
Date: January 23, 2019 02:01PM

Onion Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If, along the way, some of us with
> loud mouths and nothing to lose can take aim at
> seeing to it that those who perpetrated wrongdoing
> will face consequences then that is a lovely
> addition to the goal of healing.

I love you right back, Onion. And I'm so thankful for ALL of those who are taking that aim from so many different directions right now. I wish I could do more. And I hope you all out there on the front lines know what a tidal wave of support you have behind you. I'm not the only one with a valid reason for keeping my head down a little longer. So, if you think of things we can do to help without putting families at risk, I hope you'll speak up about that too.

If we stick together, there's nothing we can't do. Heck, look at the empire we ALREADY built? With far less motivation!I'm pretty sure we can take it down again too.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: January 23, 2019 04:46PM

A word of encouragement to all, and I am the last one to quote scripture, but the Old Testament story of Elijah on the run from Jezebel (no offense JezTheBelle) and hiding out in a cave, was summarily called out for his unawareness thinking he was all alone, not knowing there were 'reinforcements' hiding out in caves he 'knew not of'.

I bring this up after a long discussion with one of our 'Ambassadors' who shared with me those who are standing with her. I found GREAT encouragement in this. We need to find out by hook or crook who has actually 'seen the LIGHT' in every location if not for anything but moral support, even though they may wish to stay silent for a time. A standing-ovation is earned by those who are spearheading efforts in each location. It does not come without cost or risk.

To quote old westerns; "We either hang together or hang separately."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2019 04:49PM by kBOY.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: January 24, 2019 12:14AM

JezTheBelle Wrote:
> Onion Wrote:
> -------------------------------------------------------
> > If, along the way, some of us with
> > loud mouths and nothing to lose can take aim at
> > seeing to it that those who perpetrated
> wrongdoing
> > will face consequences then that is a lovely
> > addition to the goal of healing.
>
>
> I love you right back, Onion. And I'm so thankful
> for ALL of those who are taking that aim from so
> many different directions right now. I wish I
> could do more. And I hope you all out there on the
> front lines know what a tidal wave of support you
> have behind you. I'm not the only one with a valid
> reason for keeping my head down a little longer.
> So, if you think of things we can do to help
> without putting families at risk, I hope you'll
> speak up about that too.
>
> If we stick together, there's nothing we can't do.
> Heck, look at the empire we ALREADY built? With
> far less motivation!I'm pretty sure we can take it
> down again too.

Yes, I'm sure Hargrave, with his ample resources, is searching for every vulnerability within our ranks, looking to divide and weaken the resolve of those who want him to held accountable for his role in enabling and covering up decades of abuse within TLWF. He has a great deal of cunning, honed through years of turning the tables on anyone who dare take him on. Perhaps this time he'll get his comeuppance. It's a worthy effort on our part, regardless of outcome.

p.s. apparently there was no basis for the threat of a mass shooting at the Grant's Pass church. It appears that someone made up the threat, and made sure it got posted on social media. Welcome again to the misinformation age.

Posted by: Stardomino1 ()
Date: January 24, 2019 02:53AM

Thank you for updating us on GP. It all seemed so weird. Who would ever receive a threat without immediately contacting authorities? There are laws against making false claims and I hope that is being investigated.

Date: January 24, 2019 04:03AM

Stardomino1 Wrote:
> Thank you for updating us on GP. It all seemed so
> weird. Who would ever receive a threat without
> immediately contacting authorities? There are laws
> against making false claims and I hope that is
> being investigated.

I do too. But so far it seems that law enforcement is keeping their distance. Perhaps it's a concern with the risk of confronting a cult, which of course, presents itself in an innocuous way--but will likely get very nasty (it already has) when confronted. And, as we all know, the leaders do have money...and can hire professionals to do some of their dirty work.

Date: January 24, 2019 04:07AM

Stardomino1 wrote:
> Who would ever receive a threat without
> immediately contacting authorities?

Yes, especially the nature of the threat (mass shooting). It's vastly more serious then threatening to toilet paper a congregant's home.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: January 24, 2019 04:28AM

Desperate times has called forth desperate measures from those suffering from desperation. Unfortunately, the line has yet to be drawn that they are unwilling to cross.

We, on the other hand, will just strengthen our resolve in LOVE, and let the chips fall where they may. There is no other more viable choice.

Date: January 24, 2019 09:31AM

For your consideration...

There are those with a constant presence in shepherding, working with youth groups traveling to Israel, etc., being a corporate director and trustee for many of the corporations under the TLWF umbrella, was also a shepherd along with his wife during many times that other shepherds have been called out for. I knew (slightly) Bruce and Gilee Larson many years ago and haven't known them at all really, especially in the last 20 years or so - but their presence is very active (IMHO) with HFM, the TLWF Trust at Shiloh, Shiloh U, and other pet projects of GH. Why are we not hearing more about that? And what does the future of the Jerusalem Center look like after Shalom has passed away, the original people from TLWF who had a relationship with Shlomo being ousted from all involvement, and people the likes of GH and his faithful pals helping to actively cement themselves into the Center? Hmmmm.

Maybe there's nothing there - but when something smells like doggy doo, I tend to believe there is doo going on.

Pondering the NOT imponderable.

Date: January 24, 2019 09:41AM

OH GOD - I mean Shlomo NOT Shalom. I almost threw up when I read my typo.

And all that I just posted is just from the depths of my own speculation. But worth considering.

I heard statements made about all the reports on FB etc. being called lies to those who participated in the last Irael trip, I know the names of directors in trusted GH backed roles and I just think there's something rotten in Denmark. Or Israel. Or Poland. Or San Diego.

Again, pure speculation.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.