Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: puddington ()
Date: January 18, 2019 10:34AM

Amos. Who’s gonna unclog the mascerator on that yatch when it jams up?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: January 18, 2019 06:42PM

kBOY Wrote:

> Thanks to ONION for being our very own
> 'deep throat' in providing behind-the-scenes
> glimpses of a CULTure that was able to sustain
> itself through secrecy and deception. We
> unfortunately placed our trust in those whose
> intentions were far from honorable. Who would
> have thought all this was done in the 'name of
> God'?
>
> While our numbers grow, theirs are shrinking.
> What was formerly whispered behind closed doors,
> is now being shouted on the internet.
>
> Let freedom ring.

Yes

Date: January 19, 2019 02:59AM

This interesting and very familiar:

[www.abc.net.au]

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: January 19, 2019 04:04AM

OMG Amos - You are on a roll!

Sorry to hear about Andy, but not surprised since he was a bucket with holes in it.

Cash-in - Bless-in. I can't stop laughing. Someone relatively new to this forum has said the humor here is very appreciated and helps a lot with the transition OUT. So good job all you funny guys.

And once again, three cheers for this forum. Thank you Rick Ross.

Date: January 19, 2019 04:46AM

Onion Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> OMG Amos - You are on a roll!
>
> Sorry to hear about Andy, but not surprised since
> he was a bucket with holes in it.
>
> Cash-in - Bless-in. I can't stop laughing.
> Someone relatively new to this forum has said the
> humor here is very appreciated and helps a lot
> with the transition OUT. So good job all you
> funny guys.
>
> And once again, three cheers for this forum.
> Thank you Rick Ross.

I guess this is as good a time as any confess that I already own a yacht. But I've now grown tired of it, and am willing to donate it to Amos (need the deduction) if he simply promises that he'll do good work--furthering the Kingdom. That's it.

Attachments: Kingdom yacht.jpg (70.2 KB)  
Date: January 19, 2019 04:47AM

The helicopter doesn't come with it, unfortunately.

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: January 19, 2019 06:09AM

Changedagain - I need a permanent residence. Always wanted to live on a boat like Travis McGee. Eh?

Date: January 19, 2019 06:22AM

Onion Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Changedagain - I need a permanent residence.
> Always wanted to live on a boat like Travis McGee.
> Eh?

Ha--I had to google that name to see who you're referring to.
Sounds like a good, adventurous life.

Date: January 19, 2019 06:24AM

755,000 page views to date...
I think the reference to Travis McGee may result in a surge of page views.
Just speculating.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: January 19, 2019 05:17PM

THE WALK of John Robert Stevens

I have mentioned previously that the greatest disservice done to all, regardless of which generation, is what was initially advertised as a 'walk with God' devolved into John Robert Stevens' (JRS) version of a 'walk with God'. This may seem obvious, but it deserves closer scrutiny.

Many of us who have come out on the 'other side' of our TLW involvement have actually found a deep personal relationship with our 'still small voice' with or without any religious context, much like many in humanity have over the ages. Attributing this relationship to Spirit, Universe, Creator, Higher Power, Jesus, Buddha, Energy, or Donald Duck, doesn't really matter. Unfortunately, there are also those who feel so lost they have completely discounted the idea that there is 'anything out there' at all, and thereby fail to recognize what is actually 'in here' -- but that is a story for another chapter.

Those of us in the second generation that enlisted in the JRS era were actually allowing everything to be defined by JRS' 'walk with God', which consequently, discounted our own. The current JRS-hardliners keep referring to their allegiance to 'the word' JRS spoke as equally infallible as they believe the Bible is, meaning, even though JRS may have had his weaknesses in the flesh, 'the word' was still true. This is what needs closer examination.

1) In both his affair with Naomi Klein in the '60s, and his affair with Marilyn in the '70s, he fully endorsed praying for the death of his then current wife, Martha -- was that a 'true word'?
2) Does anyone even today (hardliner or not) engage in 'violent intercession' as an accurate representation of their relationship with 'god' -- was that a 'true word'?
3) Did the 'kingdom' actually come in 1979 -- was that a 'true word'?
4) Was he the 'first fruits' to break into resurrection life -- was that a 'true word'?
5) Did a 1000 prophets march across the land taking over the 'seven realms' (which I cannot remember) -- was that a 'true word'?
6) Did his death 'bring down Satan' -- was that a 'true word'?
7) Do people really battle principalities and powers hiding behind every fire hydrant -- is that a 'true word'?
8) Are only the people who profess to be 'christians' the 'chosen ones' of god -- is that a 'true word'?
9) Does God demand a 'sackcloth & asses' foundation to our relationship -- is that a 'true word'?
10 ) Did any of his 'lofty visions' chronicled in the 'Shape of Things to Come' ever manifest -- was that a 'true word'?
11) Feel free to fill in all the ones I am failing to remember . . .

The point being, there was quite a bit of the 'word according to JRS' that held no water at all, and with so many holes in the bucket, one would be hard-pressed to justify carrying his water at all, in spite of all his frailties, deceptions, cover-ups and cons that are now coming to light. What is even more painfully clear, he spoke out of one side of his mouth and 'tickled our ears' while loving the limelight, but made little or no effort to demonstrate an adherence to walk in the very word he spoke.

I would venture to say that all those I served with for decades had/have more integrity in their little finger than the very man we professed to follow as the 'apostle to the kingdom'. God only knows how this even got translated into the G&M era when the 'lamp' was more of a 'tramp', with little more to say than narcissistic babblings that made little sense even to the most simple-minded, which we had obviously become after being worn down for decades by 'words from God'.

I for one can say my relationship with the 'still small voice' looks NOTHING like the 'walk of JRS', for which I am thankful on a daily basis. Those who know me well know that I 'walk my talk', something TLW leadership has failed to do from the start--with a few exceptions.

Thus endeth the epistle.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.