Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: January 17, 2019 11:17PM

Amos Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am concerned about the coffee table controversy.
> It’s a distraction. God showed me that this group
> should buy me a 135 foot yacht. Focus on that you
> children of Anak!

As long as this coffee table is not moved onto the yacht, I have no ethical problem with helping raise funds for your necessary purchase.

p.s. this name is likely already taken, but if not, I would suggest naming your yacht 'The Upward Flow.' I was going to recommend 'Christ in the Flesh On Board'-but there's rumors that a high level former TLWF ministry may have taken that name.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: January 18, 2019 01:43AM

kBOY Wrote:

> P.S. Lou and I basically went separate ways
> shortly thereafter, with he and Judy getting
> married, moving to Anaheim, and having at least
> one daughter (I believe)

They had two daughters, wonderful people from what I remember. I had some issues with Lou, but the daughters were stellar...at least from what I recall when I was part of the South Gate church.

Date: January 18, 2019 01:46AM

My daughters as well. They had an easier time seeing the nonsense my wife and I were involved in than we did. Fortunately, we weren't too heavy with the indoctrination. We got them out of the Centers of Learning...and weren't a stickler for them participating in the non-stop working environment of the church. Probably just enough to piss them off :)
My elder daughter actually posted something early on about her Shiloh experience & the miserable conditions designed to break the young, developing mind.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2019 02:01AM by changedagain.

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: January 18, 2019 03:31AM

Amos. Where's Andy? He could probably help you raise money for that yacht. Just make up a fake reason for how much healing and pursuing the kingdom can be achieved on your yacht and there are many who would love to have place to tithe just now....

Callme? I have posted jumbo posts of information on this forum and may have covered the Blix House. If not, I would be happy to write another tome covering what it was, etc.

If there were subliminals on the tapes, it had to have been done by the speakers on the recordings because we never introduced anything except titles and the ending, "We pray this tape has been a real blessing to you...."

This is my understanding of the origination of the tape ministry. Naomi Klein actually started it but when she fell out of favor (i.e. was exposed for having an affair with JRS and as part of the intercessors of fame led prayers for Martha Stevens' death and also the death of her husband, Howard) then Marilyn was instrumental in having it moved to her control at Bix House. It is possible that Naomi was still involved after the taperoom started at Blix but when I moved into the house in Feb. 1972 she had shipped out to the Bay Area and Marilyn and Bessie were in charge.

Date: January 18, 2019 03:57AM

Onion Wrote:

> This is my understanding of the origination of the
> tape ministry. Naomi Klein actually started it
> but when she fell out of favor (i.e. was exposed
> for having an affair with JRS and as part of the
> intercessors of fame led prayers for Martha
> Stevens' death and also the death of her husband,
> Howard) then Marilyn was instrumental in having it
> moved to her control at Blix House. It is possible
> that Naomi was still involved after the taperoom
> started at Blix but when I moved into the house in
> Feb. 1972 she had shipped out to the Bay Area and
> Marilyn and Bessie were in charge.

Geez

Date: January 18, 2019 03:58AM

Off subject here...but I personally know most of the regular posters on this forum. I would characterize them and myself as nonviolent to the extreme. So I'm always suspicious when word gets back from the cult that there has been a threat of violence against them originating from those who have left the cult. If this is really true (I'm inclined to think it is manufactured), I can't imagine the people I know having anything to do it. I am aware, however, that some of the key leaders of now defunct TLWF are infatuated with guns, and on occasion have been open about "defending" themselves against any perceived threat. The impression I had at the time was that they were hoping for that chance.
Of course, I've personally experienced two death threats from top leadership during my stint in that lovely place, so my outlook could be bit biased.

-regular poster
non-gun owner
(still have the naive opinion that the pen/keyboard is mightier than the sword/gun.)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2019 04:00AM by changedagain.

Date: January 18, 2019 04:34AM

I recall listening to a cassette tape shortly after coming into the Walk, and John was bringing a message on the Beatitudes. When he got to the peacemaker part, his interpretation was that the peacemaker did away with the enemy, thus creating peace. He then mentioned the fact that the Peacemaker was the name of a gun in the Wild West that set things right (Colt Peacemaker?)...presumably killing the bad guys. I guess Jesus must have foresaw this time period when he was speaking to crowds from hill overlooking the Sea of Galilee. Not sure.
BTW, being able to legally carry a concealed weapon was likely one of the reasons why Gary was able to get so close to John. John claimed he needed security because of death threats.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2019 04:48AM by changedagain.

Posted by: Cloudwatcher ()
Date: January 18, 2019 07:51AM

changedagain Wrote:
> Off subject here...but I personally know most of
> the regular posters on this forum. I would
> characterize them and myself as nonviolent to the
> extreme. So I'm always suspicious when word gets
> back from the cult that there has been a threat of
> violence against them originating from those who
> have left the cult. If this is really true (I'm
> inclined to think it is manufactured), I can't
> imagine the people I know having anything to do
> it. I am aware, however, that some of the key
> leaders of now defunct TLWF are infatuated with
> guns, and on occasion have been open about
> "defending" themselves against any perceived
> threat. The impression I had at the time was that
> they were hoping for that chance.
> Of course, I've personally experienced two death
> threats from top leadership during my stint in
> that lovely place, so my outlook could be bit
> biased.
>
> -regular poster
> non-gun owner
> (still have the naive opinion that the
> pen/keyboard is mightier than the sword/gun

Will the antichrist now be silent?

Date: January 18, 2019 08:23AM

No, the antichrist will continue to press on...
BTW, the Saudi prince wants to talk to me about something. If I'm gone for a little a while, no worries.

Posted by: Amos ()
Date: January 18, 2019 10:11AM

Onion Wrote:
> Amos. Where's Andy? He could probably help you
> raise money for that yacht. Just make up a fake
> reason for how much healing and pursuing the
> kingdom can be achieved on your yacht and there
> are many who would love to have place to tithe
> just now....
>

Sadly, Andy blew out. Deeply deceived over the yacht. Every time he was around I started itching and sneezing so I’m pretty sure he was a witch and it couldn’t possibly be my cat. There’s only so much time one can devote to counseling those kind of people. He was such a gourd and the kingdom vision is just too important so I had to break those bonds.

Changedagain

I am so happy you got a revelation of the yacht thing. I will need a crew. I can’t have you doing anything important since you seem like kind of a troublemaker, but a few years of swabbing decks and scraping barnacles will likely humble your spirit enough to move into the galley.

I am trying out a new thing to raise yacht money. It’s called the “cash-in.” Its a modern slant on the “bless-in.” Everyone stands in a circle and passes their purses and wallets to the right.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.