> PRETTYboy:
>
> Keep it up and you will most assuredly land on the
> WATCH LIST. (Welcome to the club.)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Prettyboy ()
Date: January 09, 2019 09:58AM

recently, i alerted a couple of former lw/shiloh members about this site, and in particular this forum. long removed from lw/shiloh, they were nevertheless dismayed and disgusted at the revelations posted here. perhaps, in retrospect, they are not at all surprised. those who have posted their own histories, some in detailed fashion, have done so accompanied by pain, emotional distress and in some cases, shame. for that, you should be applauded. ultimately, more and more people will be reading these posts and likely a minority of those will their lend their voices to this forum, detailing their own histories, pain and even horror. and perhaps, just perhaps, a few of the high rollers in the lw/shiloh hierarchy, both past and extant, will have the proverbial light bulb (in this case, a moral light bulb) start glowing and remember what brought them to embrace the central tenets of the christian religion, none of which, i have to presume, had anything to do with,for example, violent intercession aimed at the hopeful deaths of detractors. wow , violent intercession; not too much zen there or "letting god be god".

this forum's steam-rolling train is definitely picking up speed and will continue to do so, almost without a doubt; more eyes will see, more ears will hear and, most certainly, more voices will speak. to the early, and then later, participants (not me, i've no lw/shiloh wounds, at least at this moment) on this forum, were there anyway that you could be awarded with a "spiritual bronze star" i would endorse such with no reservation.
respectfully, prettyboy

p.s. - i think t'would be wonderful for john oliver to get his teeth into this story. alert to the squeamish, he is a potty-mouth

Date: January 09, 2019 10:21AM

kboy,

any chance do you think i will be elevated from the watch list to the hit list? i have been recently wondering about this given some of my acerbic comments about gh and minions. as a result, i have increased my defenses, the foremost of which being to remove my magic wand from its dust covered box and transform my cat, fuzzball, into a miniature trex, keeping in place fuzzball's affection for me and the fact she has never tried to eat any part of my body. i sure hope these adjustments work, elsewise (yes, computer, i know it's not a legitimate word but with my magic wand, i make it so) i'm dinosaur meal and the world with have to deal with her, no longer a fuzzball but a scaleball.

btw, how are you and wifee doing.

where is the caboose on this steam rolling train?
affectionately, prettyboy

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: January 09, 2019 10:37AM

Prettyboy - A lot of help moving the train forward with no caboose in sight.

Date: January 09, 2019 10:44AM

Prettyboy -

I agree, and hope more people find their way to this forum, especially those that don't feel safe posting on FB where their name is attached to a post. These pages have explained a lot of the history and the stories have been able to fill in a lot of the blanks. Its important for all of those sitting on the fence to get the big picture. When you are in the middle of it, it takes a lot of objectivity to realize the depth of the indoctrination, and how far reaching the spell of the supposed living word is. The deception goes back for decades. Wake up people.

I think we should all put on our thinking hats and take note of any possible ways this story can get exposure. Wish we could get JO, or Vice to do a story.

NOTE: I'm sure Fuzzball will be a good defense. Our cat, Duke, just expended all of his energy to move from our bed (where he has been since 7:45 this morning) to a spot in front of the fireplace, where he is in training and on full alert.

Date: January 09, 2019 11:40AM

little red flag,
you've a cat that sleeps much and likes warmth (you failed to mention self-indulgence), how novel!

btw, for those of you who may be disturbed about cat chat given the givens about the very serious issues of lw/shiloh leaderships' perceived/real transgressions, i suggest this. radio talk shows are dominated by the right wing whereas tv night shows seem to be dominated by the left. occasionally i listen to the blowhard hannity on the radio but much more frequently watch the likes of jon stewart, steven colbert, seth myers, bill mayer and (especially) john oliver on youtube and similar internet outlets. all of them and i mean all of them, infuse serious newsworthy issues with with humor. satire and the commonplace. these avenues of information is where many young adults today consume their news. why in the world would do i enjoin my cat to become a mini trex to protect me from hargrave and minions from possible physical and other harm to me? that hargrave and minions wish me harm if they could, i've no doubt. and it is quite possible they could do so. the point of all this post is that i have entered into this fray, usually with serious commentary but infrequently with some humor, satire, the ridiculous and mundane and i assume most readers are most attendant to the the former whereas there a minority who attend to the latter. so in part, it is to those of the latter group that i choose to employ on occasion satire, humor and the mundane to keep their ears, and maybe eventually, their voices to this extremely profound, unfolding issue that resides in the laps of our souls.

Date: January 09, 2019 11:46AM

onion, i need the caboose. to afford myself the luxury to, temporarily, go to the back of this steam rolling train of the multiple merries, for a season of respite and attention to the very present needs of my current life. will you grant me a day napping in the caboose, maybe even 2 or 3?

Date: January 09, 2019 01:17PM

completely unrelated to lw/shiloh conversation, cults,etc. a few days ago, a man, bedraggled, white, perhaps mid 40's was passing by on the sidewalk outside my store wearing torn garments, a ragged beard and hair, a staggered gait, gesticulating with his arms and hands, likely in response to the voices inside his head. i presumed that he was likely schizophrenic judging by his behavior. and then tonight as i was closing up, again, he was walking on the sidewalk outside my store. tonight was different from the previous day - the temps at freezing, but more significantly, the winds were howling at 30-35 mph with gusts into the 40s. any of you who have lived in cold winter climates, certainly appreciate the vast difference between a calm day in the low 30's vs same temp. but with howling winds. the difference, the former is like a soup spoon, the latter as the sharpest knife one ever put to a carrot or turkey. this man's garments were not adequate to the occasion - no scarf, no beanie, no long coat. so i unlocked my store and grabbed a scarf, gloves and beanie; i had no long coat there to offer him. i locked up my store and drove a block or two and found him, parked my car and gave him the gloves, scarf and beanie, articles of abundance to me. i told him that i was giving him the items so he could be warmer. he thanked me in the the kindest way and we parted. and as i then drove home i was not congratulating myself for a good deed performed but rather i was thinking about the story of the widow's mite which most of you know. i gave to that man resources abundant to me, i.e., i gave to him what in abundance i had but not even close to widow's mite. could i have done more to help this poor soul, perhaps without family or friends, with nowhere to go other than the homeless shelter a block away? without question, of course, yes. i could have been the widow in the widow's mite story but i chose not to be. i could have invited him to stay at my house in a spare bedroom where he would be warm and provide him with a nourishing and warm soup tapped off with a brew of burdock, peppermint and chamomile tea. but of course i did not do so - likely selfish concerns about my safety and unwanted involvement in an issue i did not want to be embroiled in.

i have laid out a calf-length winter coat to give to that man the next time i see him but it is of little consequence to me as i never wear it and, besides, i've another of similar fashion which i never wear. it is something i will give out of my relative abundance so no moral accolades are appropriate. had i invited him to my warm home and a warm and nourishing meal, then perhaps i could have been invited to the company of those "to the least of these, so have you done it to me". so tonight, my own moral compass spins.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: January 09, 2019 01:47PM

PRETTYboy:

Great story and awesome gesture. Do not discount the value of that act.

I drove a city bus for more than half a decade, and continually dispensed 'gestures of kindness' as part of my job, since a significant portion of my passengers either were or nearly homeless. Even in my retirement I continue the tradition, where living in a pedestrian community allows me the time to cultivate relationships and help where I can.

I have intervened in suicide attempts, put people up for the night in motels, and even offered a young mother a room in our house. We do what we can do.

LOVE that is given is LOVE that is increased. That is the real 'new day'.

Date: January 09, 2019 02:20PM

thanks kboy for the the pass but frankly, re the homeless man, i did what i "could do", but not all i could have done. clear and simple. but most of us, do the same. dietrich b. was a rare and different breed. he did in his life what i did not do with respect to the homeless man. he went the extra mile, he walked christian tenets to the absolute

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.