Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Prettyboy ()
Date: January 04, 2019 11:32AM

forgiveness, for me that was the greatest attraction to the Christian religion as a young man. not only to ask for forgiveness but to extend forgiveness. perhaps one of the most difficult aspects of forgiveness is to forgive oneself - is there some scripture that addresses that? for some of you on this forum, whether acknowledged or not , is the need to forgive yourselves - for being duped, to dismissing the obvious or even denigrating well meaning detractors, which now many of you are. were I in your shoes, which obviously I am not, but I believe I would be most angry with myself. certainly, hypothetical. did you ever hurt somebody in defending LW orthodoxy and as a consequence make their lives more difficult, more miserable? I posit this not as rhetorical.
I do not posit as a request for a response, given the givens presently ensuing. I posit this in the hope, if needed, that you forgive yourself.
affectionately and wishing all, many happy trails,
prettyboy

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: January 04, 2019 11:42AM

JesusJesusJesus,

Thanks for your submission here, and I guess I'm not clear on this, but from the looks of the table of contents, you are not the author? Not that it matters, but I tho't you had been writing the manuscript, maybe it was only the lexicon? Anyway, it will take some time to read, but it appears to be very good.

Take care,
pobHg

Posted by: JesusJesusJesus ()
Date: January 04, 2019 11:45AM

pressingonbyHisgrace Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> JesusJesusJesus,
>
> Thanks for your submission here, and I guess I'm
> not clear on this, but from the looks of the table
> of contents, you are not the author?

No. I am the author. Aside from the help on the dictionary, which is noted, it's all my work. I mean... it uses my pen name instead of my "real" name, JesusJesusJesus, but otherwise it's all me. :)
akf

Date: January 04, 2019 12:10PM

to the little red flag, I so wish I could sit in the company of you and the merries, relegating only a short time to hargrave and his hopeful derailing, which I believe is unlikely but certainly preferred and then switch to those common bonds which unite us, which enlighten us, which inform us and most importantly delight us. I've multiple friends in my current life who've no knowledge of lw/Shiloh or my association with it. I feel blessed with the life I presently have and the comfort I have engendered in accepting there are some things I will never, ever know in the cosmological sense given I am agnostic. atheists say they know, theists say they know, ad infinitum. my take is we do not know and never will - neither science nor religion will provide a definitive answer and how we don't like that uncertainty. as Huxley stated well over a century ago it's insoluble

Date: January 04, 2019 12:29PM

little red flag. you wish to talk with me yes? but how given I am not on facebook although I've an unused, defunct acct. please find a way and I think marci can show you the way.

Date: January 04, 2019 01:31PM

Prettyboy -

A couple of things

First, we will find a way to contact you. Our son would die (sorry, bad choice of words) to come look at your collection of vinyls, but I've got the phone number. Let me know what time works, and we will start there. For now, sit with the merries here. This is really where we all found each other. We've often wondered how a few months ago we would have never believed that this group here could mean so much to us, and now here we are realizing that human beings are actually each others answers in the strangest ways. I'm glad you are here to join us.

Second, we have and/or are in the process of forgiving ourselves. A huge part of that is recognizing that TLWF is a cult, and unfortunately we were swept in by the tide. Realizing that makes it easier to forgive ones self and move away from the guilt, and into the beauty of life. Once out, it is much easier to see clearly.

And lastly, for the whole gang -

Here is my theme song (several variations) for the TLWF exit.

The times they are a changin':

Dylan
[www.youtube.com]

Keb'Mo'
[www.youtube.com]

Flogging Molly
[www.youtube.com]

Brandi Carlile
[www.youtube.com]

Date: January 05, 2019 12:15AM

Quick question - I feel like I'm missing some information about previous marriages and numbers of children that each of the main leaders had, and might have written something incorrect in my AntiThisWeek because of it. Can someone fill in the blanks (literally) for me? So:

JRS was married to __________________ from approximately __________ to _________ and had the following children during that marriage:

(repeat twice, right?)

MH was married to _______________________ from approximately _____ to ______ and had the following children during that marriage:

(repeat three times, right?)

GH was married to __________________ from approximately _______ to _________ and had the following children during that marriage:

(repeat three times, right?)

Would also be interesting to see the same with their children, but I guess that's of less significance to me.

Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2019 12:18AM by JesusJesusJesus.

Date: January 05, 2019 12:29AM

JesusJesusJesus Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> pressingonbyHisgrace Wrote:
> -------------------------------------------------------
> > JesusJesusJesus,
> >
> > Thanks for your submission here, and I guess
> I'm
> > not clear on this, but from the looks of the
> table
> > of contents, you are not the author?
>
> No. I am the author. Aside from the help on the
> dictionary, which is noted, it's all my work. I
> mean... it uses my pen name instead of my "real"
> name, JesusJesusJesus, but otherwise it's all me.
> :)
> akf

Oh, duh, of course. The name threw me because I tho't of you as male, again no problem w/that, either. It's very well done and the only positive 'answer' I think written on the subject.

I wonder if you could make it its own thread so it can be referenced often and easily by people to this site? A lot of tho't went into this and I'm sure just as much decision making went into what to leave out, as what to include. Thank you for writing this, painstaking as it must have been!

Date: January 05, 2019 12:37AM

>
> I wonder if you could make it its own thread so it
> can be referenced often and easily by people to
> this site? A lot of tho't went into this and I'm
> sure just as much decision making went into what
> to leave out, as what to include. Thank you for
> writing this, painstaking as it must have been!

Goodidea! I have done that. Guess we'll see if people want to discuss. :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2019 01:03AM by JesusJesusJesus.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: January 05, 2019 01:00AM

JJJ:

Thanks again for all your hard work. Looking forward to reading it.

One place you may want to copy it to is the FILES category on the left menu of the Survivors site which already has quite a few documents. Then any inquiries can be easily directed there.

Just one possibility.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.