Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: January 03, 2019 09:28PM

PRETTYboy:

Thanks again for continuing your story and filling in missing parts of the narrative.

Just to address your concerns about Gary Hargrave (GH), there are legal pursuits underway which cannot be discussed here, but know full well that the push-back from this side of the fence is ferocious and unrelenting on many fronts. This battle is still in it's early stages, but significant blows have been landed.

What was formerly a disorganized ragtag group of survivors is slowly becoming a formidable force to be reckoned with. Robin Hood and his Merry WoMen are slowly assembling in Sherwood Forest and plotting the downfall of the evil king.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: January 03, 2019 11:06PM

Road to Damascus
Interesting bit of news. a piece MFC land is listed for sale. The congregants have not been told. I wonder where the money from it will go? Any guesses

Thanks for the info, Road to Damascus. Any more details?

Posted by: Prettyboy ()
Date: January 03, 2019 11:16PM

marci, hi..yep that's me. frank's former roommate on f street in Encinitas. how are you doing?

Date: January 03, 2019 11:32PM

Prettyboy -

Doing well here in San Diego with Kboy (Dave - we’ve already revealed our real names in another post), married almost 40 years. We were dumb enough to hang out in this thing up until a few years back after being married at Shiloh in 1979. How is life? So fun to think that you’re here on the forum. I always appreciated you as one of my favorite people during those years. Nice to hear from you - and look forward to many conversations!

P.S. I thought this might be you when I first saw the post, but when you mentioned Texas I knew it for sure.

Date: January 03, 2019 11:36PM

can a temporary injunction by the Washington county attorney's office to put a hold on the mentioned property's sale be an option?

interestingly enough, I heard about the land sale possibility last week from someone who has no association with lw/Shiloh! that was before I ever read any of this site's posts.

kboy, thanks for informing me of the pushback. I hope your and the merries'
endeavors are supremely bountiful.

I wonder what the des moines register might think of this story, as in some investigative journalism.

happy trails,
prettyboy

Date: January 03, 2019 11:57PM

marci mc,

what a trip! aw shucks gave myself away to y'all with mentioning ticks ass. you probably also detected a drawl in my typing - a dead give away every time.

I do not know how to open conversations with you other than here since I am not on facebook but if you remember my name I am sure, with your vast detecting skills, you will be able to track me down.

sorry I missed your wedding but as you know I was long gone. sorry to hear you spent so many years with the walk but now you are free! frankly, I had difficulty with that coffee table for the dear and beloved gary story.

is Julie still in the lw? I believe she was from Delmar. time now for me to leave to open my store. a pleasant day to you and
happy trails to all,
prettyboy

Posted by: fool me twice ()
Date: January 04, 2019 12:01AM

Reepicheep:

>> Quote:
Road to Damascus
Interesting bit of news. a piece MFC land is listed for sale. The
congregants >>>>have not been told. I wonder where the money from it will
go? Any guesses

>> Thanks for the info, Road to Damascus. Any more details?

This land just came on the market a few days ago. I am pretty sure its MFC land. It is located along the north side of the English River.(Shiloh is south of the river.)
My best guess is this is only the beginning of MFC land for sale. HFM owns all of MFC land.
[www.kalonarealty.com]

Posted by: lone.wolf ()
Date: January 04, 2019 12:49AM

The Total Value for that property on the Washington County Assessor's site is $75,900. They sure are after a profit, trying to sell for $310,000!

[washington.iowaassessors.com]

Posted by: JesusJesusJesus ()
Date: January 04, 2019 01:15AM

lone.wolf Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Total Value for that property on the
> Washington County Assessor's site is $75,900.
> They sure are after a profit, trying to sell for
> $310,000!
>
> [washington.iowaassessors.com]

There are 31 separate parcels of land that are listed as belonging to Marilyn Farms on the Assessor's page. All told, they own around 560 acres. The average value of farmland in Washington County is $8000 per acre. If each acre sold for the average price, that's almost $4.5 mil. Of course, there are no guarantees that the land would all be valued that high, but there is also the fact that there are dwellings, buildings, utilities, and organic certification on several of the parcels, which could potentially increase the sale price as well.

Posted by: Road to Damascus ()
Date: January 04, 2019 03:55AM

The land owned by MFC can be sold at the direction of the shareholders and proceeds will go to them. That is what I understand. Another issue is the MOU. It is drawn up by the APCO that is the transitioning group, most likely by their attorney. A lot of remaining members are accepting the "draft" as is without having any attorney for them look at it. Any advice for them on how to protect themselves from being taken advantage of by former leadership. They should have someone look at it. Perhaps something can be done here.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.