Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Date: December 26, 2018 05:23AM

...or was it Phenolic? Can't remember but it sent everyone running out of the bldg.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: December 26, 2018 06:03AM

Beautifully put, SoBeIt. Thanks for sharing, and welcome to the forum!

p.s. I'm glad you are continuing to bind the Nephilim spirit. It can not be bound enough, IMO :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2018 06:04AM by changedagain.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: December 26, 2018 07:09AM

JesusJesusJesus Wrote:
> I do vividly remember the whole fellowship raising funds for
> some big birthday that G was having. All he wanted
> was this expensive, ornate coffee table with sea
> turtle carvings in it. I don't remember the exact
> amount, but it was in the thousands (if not tens
> of thousands) of dollars. I scanned the pics of
> the house G is selling in Hawaii, but I couldn't
> find it there.

Is this it?

Attachments: coffee table of israel.jpg (112.8 KB)  
Posted by: JesusJesusJesus ()
Date: December 26, 2018 08:03AM

changedagain Wrote:

>
> Is this it?

It might be. I saw that in the pic and immediately rejected it as a different one because, let's face it, it would be hard to believe that THAT would be worth thousands of dollars. Then again, maybe. I thought I recalled sea turtles specifically, but maybe not. Can anyone else remember?

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: December 26, 2018 08:21AM

When I see various decor photos I always sense a value disconnect. What is worth a ton of money to some people is just poor taste to other people. If you've ever seen that house that was on reality tv for a while that is supposed to be the model of a French castle, it costs a lot but is the tackiest thing I've ever seen.

SoBelt - You said: I hope you all know what a huge relief it is at finding this site. I have felt so incredibly isolated and alone since leaving the church in 2002. I have no idea what to expect but just want so badly to feel connected with other people who can understand what it was like to leave an organization that I had been heavily involved with since childhood.

I had the exact same experience less than a year ago when I found this forum. Now that so much as gone public, there is another area that includes those who left as well as some who want to communicate but are still "in." It's on Facebook and is called The Living Word Fellowship Survivors Stories. It's a good place, as is this forum, for finding loving people you can still connect to that understand your history and welcome you with open arms.

Welcome. And you can still relocate to Colorado and find a lot of wonderful people there who used to be in the church.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: December 26, 2018 06:53PM

SoBeIt:

A big holiday welcome to you. The more the merrier.

Please feel no need to apologize for the length of any post. One has to say what one has to say. If you are so inclined, also follow ONIONs suggestion and pay a visit to the FB Living Word Survivors page. You will find a lot of friendly faces there.

Having spent a few more years in the fellowship than yourself (1975-2009), but fewer years since leaving, I rarely think in terms of our WALK TALK lexicon, but that is possibly due to the fact I am probably of your parents generation and did not grow up in TLW like yourself.

My shedding of this baggage is probably due to moving on rather quickly from TLW to much greener pastures and assimilating a completely different mindset in how I view the world--replacing Christianity (as a religion) with the Gospel of LOVE--something TLW was in short supply of.

If one simplifies life down to LOVE being LOVING, and apply it everywhere, (the two greatest 'suggestions'), things become simple really fast--it requires no religious baggage at all. Even though, as you stated, the world will never agree upon one doctrinal 'truth', LOVE is always true.

Go therefore and LOVE everybody & have fun--the desire of HEAVEN for you. :)

Date: December 26, 2018 07:01PM

WALK TALK Lexiconers:

Added:

Bonds = Emotional/psychological (soulish) entanglement
Soulish = Of or related to an emotional (as opposed to a spiritual) level
Stonewalling = Resisting/delaying; shutting God/shepherds out of your decisions

P.S. 'Black holes' still requires defining--possibly related to a 'bucket full of holes'?

Date: December 26, 2018 08:11PM

Shiloh Cemetery Picture:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: December 27, 2018 12:47AM

Well. This time of the year is a good time for reflection. I find myself asking this question:

What does “healed” look like?

I’ve been reading all the posts, both here and on Facebook. People talk about getting healed. Healing from the cult. People searching for a healing. So what exactly are we expecting it to look and feel like?

I suspect we will never be restored to the innocence we had prior to being in the LW cult. And maybe that’s good. We are all older and wiser now. I’ve come to believe the hurts and scars make us better humans that have a deeper capacity to love and help others that are hurting.

I think one of the signs of healing up is when you start unlearning the cult thought structures. Leah Remini mentioned this in that first episode of this season (season 3). When we move away from those conditioned thoughts from cult programming. We have to deprogram ourselves.

For example, I used to often feel guilty for taking a vacation away from the “center of the camp”. (Another walk-talk phrase). Now, it never crosses my mind. Also, I will soon be buying a new car. I don’t have to submit it to anyone. It’s my choice. And if it’s a mistake, it’s my mistake. I’ll own that mistake. It can’t be that bad, right?

Date: December 27, 2018 12:51AM

kBOY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [
> * * * * *
>
> Having spent a few more years in the fellowship
> than yourself (1975-2009), but fewer years since
> leaving, I rarely think in terms of our WALK
> TALK
lexicon, but that is possibly due to the
> fact I am probably of your parents generation and
> did not grow up in TLW like yourself.
>
> My shedding of this baggage is probably due to
> moving on rather quickly from TLW to much greener
> pastures and assimilating a completely different
> mindset in how I view the world--replacing
> Christianity (as a religion) with the Gospel of
> LOVE--something TLW was in short supply of.
>
> If one simplifies life down to LOVE being LOVING,
> and apply it everywhere, (the two greatest
> 'suggestions'), things become simple really
> fast--it requires no religious baggage at all.
> Even though, as you stated, the world will never
> agree upon one doctrinal 'truth', LOVE is always
> true.
>
> Go therefore and LOVE everybody & have fun--the
> desire of HEAVEN for you. :)

This a thoughtful, wonderful post, kBOY, thanks for posting.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.