Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Date: December 20, 2018 01:43PM

Does anyone else remember "Let's raise the level"? Usually it was said when silliness or raunchy talk began.

Also, JRS was viewed by first-time visitors often as having the persona of "a used car salesman".

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: December 20, 2018 04:39PM

pobHg:

Thanks for 'Raising the level'. Have added it to the WALK TALK lexicon.

Posted by: lone.wolf ()
Date: December 21, 2018 12:54AM

Cloudwater: And an attorney with a "Coming Soon" website.

Date: December 21, 2018 01:20AM

With discussion about JRS's involvement with witchcraft and border-line occult practices, it makes me wonder about things I've heard over the years. For instance, JRS could make someone's headache or pain go away. And he had "visions" that a woman was pregnant before she even knew (this happened with a family member and JRS was right). Were these true revelations from God or healing gifts? Did people believe in JRS so much that they convinced themselves they didn't have a headache?

Posted by: Amos ()
Date: December 21, 2018 06:36AM

Cloudwatcher Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oh wow. TLWF hired an attorney to investigate
> itself. Isn't that novel?

At least they are doing something. What remains is what will be found, and then what will be done with the findings.

Posted by: JesusJesusJesus ()
Date: December 21, 2018 01:22PM

Sorry - it's a busy time of year. :) Glad to cemetery pics were of interest. Onion - if I go back, I'll get pics for you. Sorry I can't help you out right now. I'm planning on being back in the neighborhood shortly after Christmas. Also, thanks to all for the updates on the Walk Talk dictionary.

I'm honestly surprised about how much TLWF is doing in response to this situation. My husband figures that they had a computer in the basement with a self-destruct plan already written out for just such an occasion. Seems like they made the decision to close down the Fellowship and APCO (and acted on it) rather quickly, especially in light of how many other outrageous scandals they've weathered over the years.

Heard rumors today that Gary's selling his house in Hawaii for $3 mil. Wonder what his next plans are.

Date: December 21, 2018 01:31PM

Switching to another topic, has there been any discussion of how Shiloh University is being affected by the fallout of TLWF? Per this recent Application for Registration, signed 6/11/18, the officers and members of the legal governing body including the following:

[www.iowacollegeaid.gov]

Donald Gaudreau
Gary Hargrave - former leader of TLWF, who stepped down in 2018
Craig Haworth - former pastor of Shiloh, who stepped down in 2018
Phyllis Haworth - former pastor of Shiloh, who stepped down in 2018
Lorena Holbrook - wife to Rick Holbrook (known sexual abuse predator), removed from TLWF in 2018
Bruce Larson - former San Diego pastor
Christopher Reeves - APCO member
Lisa Runquist
Marsha Smith

Of the names listed, over half were leaders in TLWF, part of APCO and the cover up of sexual abuse. It should be brought to the attention of any current and future students, this university is not to be trusted with your money, and just like in TLWF, they would most certainly try to cover up any sexual abuse reports. The majority of these people have covered up years of sexual abuse!

Here is an older Application for Registration, signed 7/10/14. There is a lot more information in this, including attachments.

[www.iowacollegeaid.gov]

Going back to a previous post some time ago (sorry I don't recall who wrote it), it was said that the daughter of long-time pastors at Shiloh runs the accounting department at Shiloh. There was some speculation as to her history with financial/gambling trouble which I cannot confirm, but would be worth looking into. FYI - This person is also listed as the Accounting Manager for Shiloh University.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2018 01:32PM by lone.wolf.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: December 21, 2018 10:16PM

Gary has previously mentioned his affinity for the Catholic church and Pope Francis, so perhaps (hope against hope) the "independent" investigation he has promised into "alleged" acts of sexual abuse in TLWF, and those that who might have covered it up, will be legit.
The Catholic church seems to be finally moving in a direction of taking sexual abuse by priests seriously, and vowing to no longer shield them from the law. This according a recent WaPo article. We'll see, won't we.

Article:
'Hand yourself over to human justice’: Pope Francis tells priests guilty of abuse that the church won’t shield them.

Link:
[www.washingtonpost.com]

Off to work.
Everyone have a great Friday (if possible)!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2018 10:17PM by changedagain.

Date: December 21, 2018 10:26PM

p.s. I believe the accounts I've read by TLWF survivors, but I've also been exposed to what appears to be a systematic disinformation campaign, attempting to nullify these accounts. So I would like to me more optimistic that justice will be served but there's certainly a potent resistance.

Date: December 22, 2018 11:40AM

Cloudwatcher Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> TLWF hired an attorney to investigate
> itself. Isn't that novel?

I heard Saul Goodman turned them down, saying he no longer wanted to be associated with "shady" organizations. Wow.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.