Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Date: December 17, 2018 12:13AM

Pastor Young had a place out in DHS and visited the resort often...also Marvin took Body members on a tour of that facility. I was living in Palm Springs then.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: VKocsis ()
Date: December 17, 2018 10:33AM

Hello all. I’ve spent the better part of the day reading here and understand that I’ve found the root of the cult I grew up in.

Sam Fife started The Move aka The Body aka The Move Of God in the 1960’s. At that time Bill Grier was part of the Walk. Enter also I.S.O.T, with Marie at the helm and there is a triad web whose fingers spread a long way over decades.

I grew up first on a compound in Ware, MA, from 1973-1977, from 3-7 years of age. The beatings and ice-baths, child labor, lack of education, and the abuses I read about here are exactly what I write about in my book, Cult Child. The belief system, the same. The demonology, the same. I’m so saddened to read so many accounts of pain, yet at the same time proud of us for surviving it all.

I have a newspaper clipping of Bill Grier getting arrested in 1979 in SoCal for trying to deliver demons from high school kids.

My mother was recruited in the early 70’s out of a body house in Hemet, CA.

After the 4 years at Ware, MA, masses of us were transferred from the lower 48 to at least 6 compounds in Alaska where the leaders began amassing pipeline dividends through their members. We were moved up in 77 to the Dry Creek compound.

ALASKA COMPOUNDS:

Dry Creek, Delta Junction, AK
Edgerton
Hoonah
Haines
Palmer
Sapa North

Now, Bill Grier is the leader of Whitestone in Delta Junction, AK. They own many profitable businesses such as Heritage Construction. They receive state subsidiaries for their over 300 gallon gas reserve. The Dry Creek compound boasts a profitable sawmill and Dry Creek Construction, Inc.

Some of The Walk and The Move members merged with I.S.O.T. and live on the compound in Canby, CA, where, sadly they run a youth reform school.

We kids were brutally abused by these evangelical doctrines. They shuffled around molesters, because pedophilia was a demon spirit which could be cast out. They blamed young girls for their own rapes, telling them they were jezebels, whores of babylon. They horrifically spanked babies to expel their selfish spirits. In one of Sam Fife’s sermons, he preaches about not allowing an infant to become “the cock of The Walk” - his exact words.

These are horrific, sadistic people who turned masses of adults into narcissists and took their minds so deep they let themselves and their children be horribly abused, stood by silent and to this day, anyone I speak to who was a child in this/these cult/s deals with a myriad of impairments from complex PTSD to anxiety, some are suicidal, others have addictions, agoraphobia, split off personalities and so much more.

I really relate to any child who grew up in this environment. How we saw and experienced this world is very different from the adults perspective. Yet, my heart goes out to everyone, child and/or adult, who bears the scars of this dissected cult. I’m also appreciative of your bravery and vulnerability in sharing. You all have helped me understand even more, the roots of what I was taken into.

I’m not surprised at the postcard. I’ve heard other stories of threats, them even putting water in gas tanks of people who tried to sue, slashing tires and more. They are dear mongers and illusionists.

I’m very vocal about this cult, Whitestone, Bill Grier, all the men at Dry Creek and every one of these psychos who continue to extract from their members who pay rent to the cult while working in cult businesses. The human trafficking is so subtle, their mind controlled slaves happily work, get paid, and hand the money right back to them.

What JRS started, Bill Grier and many others still run today.

Vennie Kocsis
author, Cult Child
VennieKocsis.com

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: December 17, 2018 11:13AM

Vennie Kocsis. I just want to say, HOLY SHIT.

Thank you so much for posting here. I wonder if you would want to become part of the Facebook group called "The Living Word Fellowship Survivor Stories." You have to answer 3 questions to be admitted to the group and one of them has to do with when you were in the fellowship but from what you're saying, you were in the fellowship under a different name. More importantly, I think you would bring a vast knowledge of the dangers of the cults we were in to the people are dealing with these issues present day, right now.

I am so grateful for your contact with us.

Please let me know if you would like to join the FB group. It's a lively bunch.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: December 17, 2018 11:35AM

Vennie, wow! Welcome, and thank you for sharing. One of the Walk/TLWF doctrines and edicts prohibits members from communicating with people who have left the group. Therefore, members of TLWF would never even be aware that Bill Grier and other former members have joined another "church". It's amazing how many damaging and dangerous groups came out of the Pentecostal Latter Rain movement. It sounds like we have a whole lot in common.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2018 11:39AM by Reepicheep.

Posted by: lone.wolf ()
Date: December 17, 2018 01:20PM

JesusJesusJesus:

Thank you for your description of the current status of the cemetery. You really touched on something regarding who was buried where. I remember over the years at Shiloh when someone would pass away, the family members had to ask permission to have them buried near JRS. There were families flat out denied, but they were granted permission for burial at the "other" cemetery. I believe the address for that is 1350 Nutmeg Ave in Kalona. It's completely separate, and about a 20 minute walk from where JRS and others are buried. I questioned the two locations once, and was told it was because of space issues. So the "other" cemetery was kind of like an overflow area. Whether or not that's really true, I don't know. But now the two locations are like night and day, where they both just used to be grassy areas without any walls or structures. What once used to be peaceful, now feels a lot like a design inspired by fascist ideology. It reminds me of the EUR district in Rome (Benito Mussolini), and you mentioned Hitler as an analogy. Interesting, because both Mussolini and Hitler were fascist leaders and both utilized the same style of architecture - symmetry and simplicity.

Taken from Wikipedia: "Both Benito Mussolini and Adolf Hitler utilized the new style of architecture as one of many attempts to unify the citizens of their nations, mark a new era of nationalist culture, and exhibit the absolute rule of the nation."

Sound familiar?

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: December 17, 2018 07:40PM

Vkocsis:

Thanks for posting on the Cult Education Living Word Fellowship page.

Your story is as heart-breaking as they come. A close friend, and previous high-level member of the Living Word hierarchy, has been invited (and attended) Bill Griers' compound twice in the last three years. He has been close to considering relocating to AK, but I think he has come to his senses, I hope.

Not trying to add salt to any wounds, I 'fondly' remember Bill Grier from the late '70s when he visited Shiloh, IA, while pastoring in New Hampshire(?). Sad to hear of the road he eventually went down.

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: December 17, 2018 08:35PM

I heard a recent worship tape from the Whitestone compound. It sounded just like a Walk feast service from the late 70’s. It flooded me with memories, mostly bad. My take on this group is that this would be a horrible place to be if you wanted to leave it. The isolation is a lot like Jonestown. Thank you, Vennie for posting here. And welcome.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: December 17, 2018 09:42PM

Welcome to the forum, Vennie.

Posted by: JesusJesusJesus ()
Date: December 17, 2018 11:58PM

lone.wolf Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> JesusJesusJesus:
>
>
> Taken from Wikipedia: "Both Benito Mussolini and
> Adolf Hitler utilized the new style of
> architecture as one of many attempts to unify the
> citizens of their nations, mark a new era of
> nationalist culture, and exhibit the absolute rule
> of the nation."
>
> Sound familiar?

Yup. That hit the nail on the head. I took pics when I was at the cemetery recently. Would you like to see what it looks like now?

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: December 18, 2018 12:07AM

JJJ:

I just had a discussion regarding seeing pics of the cemetery.

PLEASE post.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.