Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: NavyVet79 ()
Date: December 11, 2018 12:17PM

Changedagain: Yes, "losing your covering"- a big one. My best friend growing up was a Catholic and later walked away from it and told me that after a couple of post-Catholic years, he could quit looking over his shoulders for a lightening strike to consume him. . . Sound familiar?
If it helps, some number of years ago, frustrated with the deadness that I felt walking with God, I told the Lord that no matter what happened from that time forward, I WOULD NO LONGER LIE TO HIM!That was about the time I considered leaving 'the body'. It didn't take long before things started pushing me in that direction either. If it wasn't "real" to me, it wasn't happening! Plain and simple. With that, came a lot of energetic responsibility to seek Him and to get to know Him, but that is the essence of a true walk with God and Jesus anyway. Like I said, hope it helps. Love you

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: December 11, 2018 12:46PM

I am newly registered here, but have been reading the posts for a few years now.

God helped me to move on 30 yrs ago w/the help of a loving family and a healthy Christian group.

Ten years ago I happened to run into someone who I was in a ministry home with in O.C. That person was still a part of LW and was so uncomfortable speaking w/me, she kept invoking her husband's name every other sentence, so as not to be 'affected' by someone long gone from this cult, I guess.

I'm praying for God to heal these beaten, bruised and battered sheep. I'm still amazed at how long this Church of The Living Lie persisted.

Have any of you readers been a part of a local 'body', such as Rowland Heights?

xo<3

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: December 11, 2018 11:11PM

Was Ron Young the pastor at the Rowland Heights church?

Posted by: lone.wolf ()
Date: December 12, 2018 01:07AM

Has anyone experienced or known of someone to experience psychological changes that stem from being part of TLWF? Someone still heavily involved in the church is showing signs very similar to dementia, but these signs/symptoms became very apparent when Shalom’s letters were made public. I know this person’s world was shattered, and I’m looking for some correlation to behavior changes that may result from an extreme trauma such as learning the truth about the church.

These are some symptoms they have, most readily apparent starting in October 2018. I will clarify that some of these have been ongoing for years, such as the inability to make decisions or really being to carry on an intellectual conversation. Perhaps these symptoms have been building up gradually over time, caused by the brainwashing and servitude.

- Memory loss

- Difficulty communicating or finding words – incapable of expressing a thought or point of view about anything.

- Inability to make a decision – can’t decide what they want to do or where they want to go, if asked. They only make a decision if they are forced to.

- Rarely responds to conversations happening around them.

- Difficulty reasoning or problem-solving.

- Confusion

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: December 12, 2018 01:56AM

Professional help needed. ASAP

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: December 12, 2018 02:53AM

Everything you mentioned indicates a serious psychological condition--likely worsened by experiencing the trauma of recent exposures.
I agree with Puddington. This requires immediate professional help.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: December 12, 2018 06:24AM

LONE.WOLF:

I would also encourage professional help.

We just had a friend and neighbor take his own life last night right down the street and showed no signs to any of us of being this distraught. For someone who's whole world has just collapsed around them, it is important to accurately monitor their state of mind before they consider the unimaginable.

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: December 12, 2018 08:01AM

Lone Wolf - It would be important for someone who is versed in what a cult does to you AND age as it pertains to the symptoms. Medical people will often just brush off people once they reach a certain age and just chalk it up to age related dementia. Some of the symptoms can easily be age related but don't let anyone brush off the entire issue related to learning catastrophic information about a life long commitment.

Good luck and God bless you and you friend who is suffering.

------------

Terminology:

A bucket with holes - someone who needs the same counseling and pep talks over and over and over again and never changes.

Spooking: someone who gets really involved in spirit, psychic, occult realm and sees something lingering in the spirit by everything and everyone. Kind of like JRS I guess.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: December 12, 2018 08:38AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2018 08:42AM by changedagain.

Posted by: I_woke_up ()
Date: December 12, 2018 11:11AM

lone.wolf Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Has anyone experienced or known of someone to
> experience psychological changes that stem from
> being part of TLWF? Someone still heavily
> involved in the church is showing signs very
> similar to dementia, but these signs/symptoms
> became very apparent when Shalom’s letters were
> made public. I know this person’s world was
> shattered, and I’m looking for some correlation to
> behavior changes that may result from an extreme
> trauma such as learning the truth about the
> church.
>
> These are some symptoms they have, most readily
> apparent starting in October 2018. I will clarify
> that some of these have been ongoing for years,
> such as the inability to make decisions or really
> being to carry on an intellectual conversation.
> Perhaps these symptoms have been building up
> gradually over time, caused by the brainwashing
> and servitude.
>
>
> - Memory loss
>
> - Difficulty communicating or finding words –
> incapable of expressing a thought or point of view
> about anything.
>
> - Inability to make a decision – can’t decide what
> they want to do or where they want to go, if
> asked. They only make a decision if they are
> forced to.
>
> - Rarely responds to conversations happening
> around them.
>
> - Difficulty reasoning or problem-solving.
>
> - Confusion

Lone.wolf,

I agree with all of the above advice. Seek professional help. May be dementia but could also be depression and/or anxiety. If this person refuses to speak to a professional you can call their PCP. The PCP cannot tell you anything because of HIPPA, but they will listen to your concerns.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.