Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: December 09, 2018 12:33PM

corboy
Great idea to create a dictionary of "Walk Talk" identify ways that the same
word is used one way by The Walk and other ways in the Christian world.

Its a good idea to identify Scripture passages commonly used by The Walk and how TW interpretation of these passages differs from how these same passages are interpreted by communities untainted by The Walk and untainted by authoritarianism.

"Loading the language" one of the key components of indoctrination used by a totalitarian leader. It is also how such leaders isolate followers from the outside world.

This whole article is a great read.

Thought Reform and the Psychology of Totalism

[culteducation.com]

Great article, corboy!

JesusJesusJesus,

Here are a couple of additions:

Bless = Extend hands towards someone in prayer
Body = Body of Christ (used almost exclusively referring to TLWF)
Body-wide = including all of the the TLWF churches and members
DR = designated relationship (shepherding)
Elijah/Elisha relationship = a training/shepherding relationship, one-sided with the Elijah being completely in charge of the Elisha
Lay hands on = pray for someone by putting hands on their head (usually only done by elders or other ministries)
Ministry = A pastor (shepherd), elder, deacon or other set-in ministry (almost exclusively male)
Set In = to designate a person to an office, usually by prayer and laying on of hands
Set Out = to put someone outside of TLWF (ex-communicate)
Submission = a doctrine whereby members of the church must ask permission in minute detail for anything they wish to do (including, but not limited to, dating, marriage, employment, residence, schooling, areas of interest, etc.)
Wait on the Lord = contemplative zoning out, definition nebulous
Worship/Singing in the Spirit = Singing to the Lord in spontaneous words or tongues; hands are often raised

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: JesusJesusJesus ()
Date: December 09, 2018 01:16PM

YES! Good additions, and fairly defined, I'd say. :)

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: December 09, 2018 02:31PM

How about:

Designated Relationships

Submission

Wiped Out

Blow Outs

Elijah/Elisha Relationship

The Lamp of Israel

First Fruits Apostle

Door Opener Apostle

The Living Word (as spoken by a human vessel)

Marriage Check Outs

Kingdom Businesses

The Probe

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: December 09, 2018 03:38PM

Here’s some more:

Getting hit

“I get a check on that”

He’s a gourd

Subnouncing

Smoke screen

Cross dodger

Free agent

A man “buffaloing” a women

Lamp of Israel

Restricted tape

Spiritual leech

Mixed multitude

Being sent to your room

Unequal yoke

Not controlling your spirit

Cross current

Build up your aura

Having a Jezebel spirit.

A kingdom facility

Etc etc

Date: December 09, 2018 11:08PM

Wow, who knew we were taught to speak in such an odd language! The original First Principles (well, at least the first one with JRS' name as author) had a whole section on "Terminology". He already knew that he was creating a loaded language that no one else would understand.

Going back to the term "Submission", I should add asking permission for the following concerning married couples: having a child, trying to have a child, whether to carry a child to term or abort, giving the decisions concerning the raising of the child to JRS or G&M.

Does any of that sound messed up? It SHOULD!

BTW, here is that link from corboy. I didn't realize that the link wouldn't show up in my attempt to copy (above). [culteducation.com]

Posted by: NavyVet79 ()
Date: December 09, 2018 11:54PM

Hey y'all,
You forgot a couple.
1. Coming at you
2. Going through it
G'day

Date: December 10, 2018 12:36AM

A couple more:

Authority = Ministries claim to exercise the authority of Christ. Congregants must submit to their authority.
"And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth." Matthew 28:18 NASV

Rebellious Spirit = describing the "spirit" of a congregant not submissive to the authorities. Closely linked to witchcraft and satan.
"For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry." I Samuel15:23a KJV

I am emphasizing authority, submission, and rebellion because these were very foreign concepts to me when I entered The Walk as a young teen. I had already been a student of the Bible and a Christian. I had never heard this before. The Bible was always held up as a guide, especially the actual spoken words of Jesus. People did not tell other people what to do, or claim to speak for God. This would be considered blasphemy.

BTW, The First Principles still contains Lesson 33: Terminology. Does anyone still have the wire-bound original from 1958? There were many more terms in that one that have since been removed.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2018 12:41AM by Reepicheep.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: December 10, 2018 01:57AM

Good thing I happened to have my vomit bag next to the computer. Thanks everyone!

-Jones
(in withdrawal)

Date: December 10, 2018 02:52AM

Sorry, changedagain. We tried looking at the FP and had bad flashbacks too. Thanks for lightening the atmosphere.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: December 10, 2018 03:21AM

I was thinking of attempting to put most of these flashback-inducing words/phrases into one extremely violent, ALL CAPS prophesy...using the typical bind/loose format. But I just couldn't go there. A sigh of relief--you've all been spared this contribution...for now :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.