Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Cloudwatcher ()
Date: December 03, 2018 02:24PM

Dear Some One

I knew your dad's family--I was young but I remember when they got married. Didn't know much after they moved to Shiloh. I am saddened for this--it is just awful. I had no idea this shit was going on. All those years in the darkness--hiding. I didn't go to Shiloh -- I was terrified of it--hated the violent intercession and people came back really weird. But this? It makes me want to run out of the room screaming.

You are safe and free now. We all are with you and love you and we have your back. You are a voice that just came out of the wilderness--light a match.

Cloud

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: puddington ()
Date: December 03, 2018 02:36PM

Some one. Thank you for your testimony. I believe you. This account just makes me sick with disgust.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: December 03, 2018 05:15PM

SOME ONE:

As tragic as your account is and as inexcusable the response to it was, I can only celebrate what you have become in spite of it all. It testifies that no matter how damaging the culture is/was, our LIGHT will not be put out, and when added to the LIGHT in others, will only grow brighter.

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: December 04, 2018 07:59AM

Apparently TLW sold the christmas truck and an email went out from Steve Seboldt as follows:

Many have expressed sadness that the Christmas Truck is not happening this year. We're happy to announce that a group from the community has come forward to take over the Christmas Truck and continue the tradition! After talking with them extensively and getting feedback from many prior Christmas Truck department heads and volunteers, we feel confident this group has both the resources and love for the community that will be needed to keep the tradition alive. If anyone would like to volunteer to help these wonderful people, we'll provide contact information as soon as they are up and running.

We sold the Christmas Truck and accessories for a fair price and the
proceeds from the sale will go into the general fund of The Living
Word (TLW), who has owned the Christmas Truck for all these years.

Sincerely,
Steve Seboldt for The Living Word Directors

------------------------------------------------

So obviously there has been no actual stepping down, at least at TLW. And there has been little to know mention of what is going on at TLW since Rick was ousted and the others were to step down.

Hopefully we will get some reports soon on what took place during the weekend's corporate meetings with the business guy who specializes in helping businesses return to profitability, improve their image, etc. Sad for us if we thought the church would bring in professionals to actually help congregants get thru a hard place.

Follow the money.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: December 04, 2018 08:54AM

Yes, one consistent theme with TLWF is nothing is ever the way it seems, or presented to the congregation. The other, which goes along with it, is everything is ultimately done for the benefit of top leadership. It's the antithesis of the teachings in the NT.
Following the money is the right approach.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: December 04, 2018 09:06AM

Onion Wrote:

> Hopefully we will get some reports soon on what
> took place during the weekend's corporate meetings
> with the business guy who specializes in helping
> businesses return to profitability, improve their
> image, etc.
Sad for us if we thought the church
> would bring in professionals to actually help
> congregants get thru a hard place.

True

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: December 04, 2018 09:50AM

The one consolation is that there are currently 578 members on the FB survivor's page (and probably more lurking in the shadows), who will undoubtedly be withdrawing ALL support for whatever TLW skeleton that remains.

Couple that with whatever legal actions are underway, and what may appear to still have life, will slowly be strangled under the weight of it's own indiscretions.

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: December 04, 2018 12:49PM

One of my wonderful cohorts just brought it to my attention that the JRS website is still up and filled with lots of delicious false information. Such as the commissions claimed to have been made by JRS just before he died and about Marilyn starting the tape recording ministry (when we know it was originally started by JRS' beddy teddy Naomi and then taken over later by Marilyn).

[www.johnrobertstevens.com]

Posted by: NavyVet79 ()
Date: December 06, 2018 12:20AM

Question: Is anyone considering any legal class-action or criminal pursuits? Just curious. Thanks

Posted by: Some One ()
Date: December 06, 2018 03:52AM

[www.kalonanews.com]

This is an article about Shiloh in the salon news, just posted today

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.