Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Onion ()
Date: November 20, 2018 05:05AM

Lone Wolf - Your post is very welcome to this group. Of course I am curious as heck because I was a Blix girl too.

In talking with various people about the history of the "walk business" (I like that you call it a business - so true) so much is coming to light. Pieces of the puzzle. The truth of back room meetings being an extension of G&M's church persona much more than a place where secrets were discussed or revealed and the list is endless.

I support you in the steps you've taken since leaving so long ago and in relating to your family. I have family members still in and some of them will probably still talk to me after this but some will have nothing to do with me while they wrestle with their desire to preserve various churches so they can go on and teach JRS' word. Sadly, day by day his word is being exposed as a fraud too. Your mom probably gave years of her life and time for that word as did I at the Blix House.

I just hope everyone continues to tell their story and I hope they will name names of their abusers and get free.

I think some people who have stories concerning egregious behavior by the walk leadership are still unsure about their own involvement in affairs, or other things that were done. But everyone who attended the churches since 1951 was made a victim in some way or another. No matter how willing someone might have felt in regards to doing what JRS wanted, it was abusive control and a deep level of the abuse of power. He lied to women about their role in his ministry and who they had been reincarnated from and who they would become in their intimacy with him. He made people feel like willing participants because he was just so good at the con game he ran 24/7.

It's very sad.

And especially sad to realize your life was given for something false and so many years were lost. It's depressing, humiliating and embarrassing but the best reaction is getting out and getting free. Even with the horrific stories of abuse being made public, it is very hard to let go of a dream. I hope your mom finds the strength to accept the truth soon. If I can help in any way, pm me and we can talk.

Thanks for posting.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: November 20, 2018 05:37AM

CHANGEDAGAIN:

Nothing like profiling a cult leader.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: November 20, 2018 06:16AM

lone.wolf Wrote:

> On another note, myself and others have recently
> been contacted by pastors of the church we
> attended. Their intent is to “apologize” for
> their wrongdoings toward us. I have avoided any
> contact with the pastors and will not answer their
> text/calls. If they truly wanted to apologize,
> they wouldn’t have taken 15+ years to do so. I
> was shunned, alienated, and treated like an
> outsider ever since leaving. It certainly feels
> like this is just one step in their 12 Step
> Program to clear their conscious and revive the
> church.
> Thank you all for being here, for speaking the
> truth, for making me feel like I’m not alone any
> longer.

Welcome, Lone Wolf. You're not alone. You'll find receptive ears in this forum.

Date: November 21, 2018 12:45AM

Wishing everyone in this forum a Happy Thanksgiving. It's been a pleasure conversing with you during this eventful year. In fact, I'm almost at the point where..assuming I ever get a calendar...I would definitely consider putting your sh*t on it. That's a big 'breakthrough'(sorry for the walk word) for me! Never thought I could reach this point of openness.
All the best.

love,
Mike Jones
Who?

Posted by: Tmason ()
Date: November 21, 2018 01:23AM

Happy Thanksgiving Changed. My New Years resolution is to make room for more peoples shit on my calendar. I enjoyed handing out candy to little kids at Halloween and I cant wait to buy a nice big 9 foot Christmas Tree for my living room.

Date: November 21, 2018 01:26AM

Tmason Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Happy Thanksgiving Changed. My New Years
> resolution is to make room for more peoples shit
> on my calendar. I enjoyed handing out candy to
> little kids at Halloween and I cant wait to buy a
> nice big 9 foot Christmas Tree for my living room.

That's great, Tmason.

Date: November 21, 2018 04:21AM

I want to reply to each of you individually, because you are so WORTHY! But for now I will say I love all of you. I appreciate the stark reality that things are finally moving forward. I only started posting in the last few months (mostly because I got locked out on my first try years ago), but I have been reading for years. I appreciate the facts, stories , and the validation that we were not evil or deceived individuals, but bright, normal individuals who saw the light and wanted to shout it from the mountain tops.

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm so thrilled that I don't have to stay up until midnight prepping because the church feels like it has to schedule a service on turkey day.

P.S. I also appreciate the much-needed humor brought to this by changedagain, and amos.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: November 21, 2018 04:35AM

GREETINGS TO ALL:

In spite of how gut-wrenching recent develops have been, overall we have a lot to be thankful for. Something we thought was too entrenched to come down, was laid bare with a single stunning blow.

Only time will tell how certain events play out, but one thing is certain; we are regaining the LOVE we had for each other that was stolen by those we thought we owed our LOVE to.

Date: November 21, 2018 05:00AM

Have a good one TLRF and Kboy. Appreciate your contributions, very helpful in wading through this madness.

Note: Out of habit, I almost wrote TLWF instead of TLRF, which would have defeated the very purpose of my comment. Good thing I'm starting to read my comments before posting :)

p.s. Here's a clip I return to often to clear my head. It too has been immensely beneficial in keeping me relatively sane.

[goo.gl]

Posted by: Liamthomasusa ()
Date: November 21, 2018 07:52AM

Especially this year... we all have much to be thankful for in light of recent events. I especially am so thankful for all those that have been posting and all those that have been reading. A special shout out to Shalom for her bravery in writing and posting her open letter to TLWF leaders on Facebook.... what a transformation has begun for so many hurting hearts!

Much love to all and have an awesome Thanksgiving with loved ones.

If by chance you are in LA and Have no place to fellowship and eat turkey dinner... you are welcome to join us in North Hollywood... PM me for details!!

Liam

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.