Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: November 16, 2018 04:59AM

Bears repeating, Larry. He was obviously a plagiarizer.
Thanks for first exposing this.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: puddington ()
Date: November 16, 2018 05:07AM

Bingo

Date: November 16, 2018 05:51AM

Now for something completely different:
A brief exchange between a TLWF shepherd and a good-looking Sheepie who is not with the program.

Shep: I am going to prey on you.
Sheepie: What?
Shep: I said I am going to pray for you
Sheepie: Oh...I thought I heard something else
Shep: Blessed are those who have ears to hear (sneeze)
Sheepie: F**k you!
Shep: What?
Sheepie: I said Bless You!
Shep: That's not what I heard.
Sheepie: Blessed are those who have ears to hear.

THE END

note: there is no moral to this story, and I apologize for posting it. I accept responsibility for not listening to the Holy Spirit, and also allowing the religious hierarchical system of TLWF to remain in my brain and affect my writing. I am really sorry. That said, tomorrow is a new day.

Posted by: TheJewel ()
Date: November 16, 2018 08:59AM

larry bobo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I’ve posted this several times before, but some
> may not have seen it. These are some Latter Rain
> teachings – you decide if they sound familiar to
> what you heard in TLWF:
>
> The Latter Rain, Restoration of the Church,
> Restoration of the five-fold ministries,
> Pre-rapture spiritual second coming of Christ, New
> revelation and prophecies, Manifestation of the
> sons of God, Overcoming death before Christ’s
> return, Dominion Now theology and spiritual
> warfare, Mainstream Christianity referred to as
> “old order” or “Babylon”, Personal ministry –
> words from God from leaders to congregants,
> Emphasis on the Feast of Tabernacles. Man-child
> doctrine, Joel’s army and militancy, Deeper levels
> of revelation including altered states of
> consciousness, Incarnation of Christ in a
> many-membered body, Spiritual evolution to
> perfection, Divine order, Enforced unity,
> Shepherding, and Father/son mentoring.
>
> This is not teaching you would have heard in
> mainstream Christianity. About all that is
> missing is the need for a revelation of the Door
> Opener Apostle and the Lamp of Israel. The Latter
> Rain is notorious for grandiose claims of new
> types of ministries. Also, WJ Stevens’s grandson
> mentioned that they carted off boxes of Latter
> Rain and William Branham tapes from his
> grandfather’s house after he died, even though the
> family claimed it was not a fountain the were
> drinking from.

Most of the terms in your first paragraph were not unique (or original) to TLW. These things were kicked around in the Latter Rain Movement. Look up Bill Britton (for example). There was a group running in parallel in the 70’s lead by Derek Prince, Bob Mumford, Don Basham and one other guy that was pushing this stuff as well. They ultimately disbanded and apologized to everyone. The latter rain thing spawned a lot of “spin-offs” one of which was TLW.

Posted by: NavyVet79 ()
Date: November 16, 2018 09:28AM

Changedagain: Yeah, dwelling on what could have been is unproductive. And you're right about being too doggone busy and trusting to really have had time to be aware. Besides, taking action would have brought a whole slew of arm swinging intercession and rebukes and apco meetings ad nauseum. I too passed on my opportunity to go to UW Madison for nuclear engineering because the kingdom was just around the corner. What a CROCK! I do hope that your kids did do well. Mine are still battling ingrained TLWF issues. That scotch sounds appropro about now.

Date: November 16, 2018 10:19AM

Thanks for your posts, NavyVet79.
I did the best I could with my level of awareness at the time, and I'm sure you did too.

Date: November 16, 2018 04:13PM

Interesting post from yesterday:

To all the prophets in this group. I wish to submit the final paragraph of a prophecy I sent to some of the APCO members on September 6th. I may add more of it later, but thought that now might be a good time to share this part with you. I would love to hear your thoughts/witness to the same. Thanks.

"The Nephilim are alive and well. The hatred for this new day will do everything to kill it before it can come forth. We, as the School of Prophets, must stand against that, we must lead the way by rooting out these spirits and any resistance to the Kingdom. But we won’t get there by simply making novel changes to an existing order. John Stevens always said he would personally kick down the Walk if it stopped being what God wanted. I believe, as do many others, that we are at that point in our fellowship."

Posted by: Walked ()
Date: November 16, 2018 09:43PM

I feel like I’ve just been told there is no Santa Claus….

While I didn’t suffer the horrendous violations that those under the sexual predators and their enablers did, the Church soaked up over 8 years of my prime life and more money, time, and labor than my stomach wants to admit. Worse, discovering the truth presented in this forum deeply shakes my belief in God, because this “Church” is the only way I knew him, and now I see it was all a lie.

I was married in the church and spent untold hours on the road driving from one service to another (6 churches in SoCal). I traveled to Shiloh, CO, and Aurora; I cleaned a local church regularly, and I felt devastated at not being able to keep up with the never-ending flow of sermon notes, tapes, and This Weeks. My relationship and the timing of all involved was directed by my “shepherds” who I now recognize as inexperienced young guys who were just winging it and who weren’t any more pious than I was.

I always felt inferior to those who held named positions, and I was awestruck when seeing JRS in Anaheim and South Gate and the Valley church. I only regret that I had never seen him perform one of his laying on of hands “miracles” or to have seen him “glow” as was described to me. I wondered when God would speak to me and show me what everyone else seemed to be seeing/experiencing around me.

When JRS died I was pretty certain that he’d rise again. When Marilyn and Gary took up together I thought it was tacky and suspicious, but who was I to question? When they traveled the country with leather suitcases and moved to beautiful Hawaii, I pondered that. I knew of stories about JRS and Martha, and about the many divorces required for the “divine recouplings”, but I didn’t know the truth as finally presented here in this verrrrry long forum.

I’ve been aware of this forum and have popped in occasionally over the years. I found it interesting, but thought it was more sour grapes from others like me who had left. At times in the ensuing years I considered going to a CLW service to see how it felt, and ironically, I felt bad for not introducing my children to “church,” but I remembered the feelings of inferiority and thought it might be awkward to run into people I had once been so close to, yet had not even talked to in 15 years.

I’m thrilled to see the church finally blown up for what it is— a cult, led by wolves who have preyed on innocent sheep since day 1. How can anything remain to build on when the entire church was built off of a lie (JRS’s vision and anointing)? My family always thought I was in a cult, but I assured them that we were the chosen sons of God—the body of Christ that was so much more right than “religion” or other insipid churches. Little did I know there was a drinking, sexual, money-grubbing power party underneath, that fools like me were financing. Class action to recoup our Tithes anyone??

I left without an explanation because of personal things going on in my life that my “shepherds” had no clue how to counsel me over, and in fact, were cruel about. After being part of the same church for over 8 years no one even called—that’s how insignificant I was. Now I’m thankful that I never had children I subjected to this cult, and I feel deep compassion for those of you who were raised as innocents in this lie. In time your minds will clear and you’ll embrace real life outside of the fake walls—I’m so very sorry that you need to start over. There are bound to be some good sheep that still need to be rescued. As for the “elders” or other appointees—I simply cannot believe that you weren’t complicit in the corruption and lies. Now you get to live with that, and I hope the biggest offenders will do it behind bars. Aside from the criminality of the sexual crimes and enabling, the leaders from JRS, Marilyn, and Gary on down are narcissistic, greedy, sociopaths who thought nothing of ruining others’ lives, causing devastating spiritual confusion, and living high off others' backs.

Posted by: Tmason ()
Date: November 16, 2018 10:19PM

And all the people said... AMEN!

The beginning of the end will be to get the tax exempt status revoked.
How is the free labor that generated revenue that went directly to them protected under IRS rules???
There's a reason they say "don't mess with the IRS"

Date: November 17, 2018 12:42AM

Thanks for sharing, Walked. Your summation is about as clear as it gets.
All the best going forward.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.