Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: November 15, 2018 08:50AM

Excerpt from George Warnock's biography:

Shortly after this we heard about a move of God starting up in Saskatchewan, in my old hometown. It was a time of great spiritual dearth, and many of God’s people in many places had been earnestly seeking the Lord for revival. In North Battleford a small Bible College had been formed, and the faculty and students alike were constrained in earnest prayer and fasting to seek the Lord for a fresh move of God. This went on for months and in the Spring of 1948 the Lord began to move very sovereignly in "prophecy and the laying on of hands" - with the impartation of gifts and ministries of the Spirit. Then we heard that a Camp Meeting was scheduled for July and some of us in Lethbridge felt to be there. We were not to be disappointed. There was a great emphasis not only in prophecy and other gifts of the Spirit but we were greatly impacted by the evident presence of the Spirit, the anointed Word in teaching, and the spontaneous prophetic utterances that came forth. It was a corporate anointing - with the Spirit Himself very much in control. The people as well as the leadership were participants in this fresh anointing. To myself and many others it was a new day dawning. A day in which the Lord would unfold Truth in a new dimension, for the edifying of the body of Christ. The revival had started in February of 1948, in what was known as Sharon Bible College, and now it was early July. In those 4 or 5 months the word had gone far and wide, and there were probably six or seven hundred people there from different parts of Canada and the USA. The "order" of the Spirit prevailed, and there was much love among the brethren. It was a new visitation and in the days and years to come, many thousands would be refreshed and changed as they discovered new vision and new hope in what God was doing and would yet do in the earth. The Word became "alive." The worship was spontaneous, as those who had long panted for the living waters found new hope and new reality in God.

A few months later, at the request of one of the leaders…I was invited to come and work with them…particularly in the office answering the mail that started to pour in from different parts of Canada and the USA and other countries. I enjoyed those times, and have no regrets for having worked there those four years or so, in what I would call a "deacon" capacity…helping out where I could…ministering at times in the local church…or in the Bible College. It was during that time that I wrote the book "Feast of Tabernacles," which was inspired in part by what one of the young prophets had said in one of his classes; "This feast is still in the future." It was this key that started my own research into this great Feast, and I was aware of much anointing as I wrote about it.

But after a few years I was becoming more and more aware that the Spirit of God no longer hovered over us as He once did. Several others felt the same way. God forbid that I should attach any blame to anyone…He alone is the Judge. Perhaps all of us who were involved, were responsible in one way or another, for causing the Holy Dove of God’s Spirit to be grieved. I knew I must leave…but I never lost confidence in what God had done, and would yet do…when a new generation would earnestly seek the Lord to come again, and set up His habitation in the midst of His people.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: November 15, 2018 08:53AM

Summer 2015 - update by the family:

Our father George is nearing 98 in September, nestled away in the Canadian Rockies; a grandfather to 19 and a great-grandfather to 4, with another on the way. His beloved wife of 55 years, Ruth Marie, passed away in November of 2011 after the debilitating disease ALS ravaged her body for nearly a year. It was excruciating for the family to watch our lively fun-loving mother so constrained by the end that she could move only her eyes, though her mental capabilities were sharp. She is dearly missed beyond words by our family, and by others who loved her as a mother and friend. We hang on to the assurance that our times are in God's hands. We are humbled and grateful to have been raised by two such precious and faithful Godly parents. Though we may not understand the constraints and limitations of the aging process, we can have confidence that God's purposes continue to be fulfilled during this fragile phase of life.

Date: November 15, 2018 09:51AM

George Warnock died on May 23, 2016 at the age of 98.

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: November 15, 2018 10:59AM

Do you think JRS stole ideas from Warnock and then sold it off as his own revelation? I think JRS also got stuff from William Branham.

Date: November 15, 2018 12:35PM

It appears that his teachings were eerily similar to John's, and he was either a contemporary or had just preceded him. It could all be coincidence, or has some have suggested, "God" revealed the same things to different people during that time period...but with all the deceit that John obviously engaged in, much of it now coming to light,it would not surprise me if most of his supposed "new revelation" was ripped off from other ministries. This is blasphemy to some diehards, I know.

'Coming up...Point Counterpoint: John Robert Stephens: Charismatic Con Man or The Apostle to the Kingdom?'

Posted by: NavyVet79 ()
Date: November 15, 2018 12:42PM

Yeah, from the get-go it was a bit of a set up. Marilyn? Used from the start as a divisive Jezebel. I wonder if she even realized it or if she honestly believed that she was doing something noble? Kind of makes me wonder what these complicit "men of God" are expecting once they meet their real God? But as one of you all pointed out, they sold it & we bought it. I am just sorry we didn't have the awareness of the abusive shitstorm going on.
As for how he made people wobble and fall? I understand that JRS had an extensive library section on witchcraft ostensibly for being able to recognize it. Yeah, right. I have a bridge I would like to sell you too! C'mon, for Pete's sake. Hits, sending balls in the spirit, praying for someone to die, throwing off things. What in the hell are these if not witchcraft? Kinda looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, walks like a duck. . .

Date: November 15, 2018 12:45PM

One of his big selling points as a ministry was convincing people that he had revelation of truths that no one else possessed. God was unsealing these truths for him because he was the Apostle to the Kingdom. Or something like that. My mind has gotten foggy in respect to 'living word' indoctrination.
I wonder if drinking Scotch would help?

Date: November 15, 2018 11:44PM

NavyVet79 Wrote:
> I am just sorry
> we didn't have the awareness of the abusive
> shitstorm going on.

Hi NavyVet79,
That's a common regret in this forum. To the moderator's credit, he intervenes to make sure we don't become weighed down with self-criticism. Often those motivated to exploit others have more sophisticated tactics than those that become their prey. Like others here, I've gone through the list of what constitutes a cult, and every single one applies to TLWF. While I was immersed in it I was too busy attending services, working at the facilities and ministries' homes & running a small company to support my family with the hope of enabling my kids to attend & graduate from college (not ones sanctioned by TLWF, BTW), which they did. This workload served to cloud my awareness of what was really going on. I had dropped out of a reputable university my junior year to devote myself to bringing forth the Kingdom. I'm sure part of the inspiration for doing this was the realization that according to John's 'vision' in 1972, the Kingdom would be arriving in 1979. What's the point of obtaining a silly degree then? Time for the thousand prophets to get busy binding and loosing, and loosing and binding. I had to be one of them!
Yes, there were fun times in TLWF. But only because many of the people possessed a kindness and a basic decency not found in most of the leadership. While you're goofing around you're not having to worry about being stabbed in the back. Well, that happened once, but I prefer not to dwell on it ;)

p.s. in retrospect, I think "The Abusive Shitstorm" would have made an apt This Week title. I'm not sure what graphics would be used to illustrate the point of the message. That's not my forte.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2018 12:00AM by changedagain.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: November 16, 2018 12:01AM

CHANGEDAGAIN:

The 'Abusive Shitstorm' which should have been a small flair-up along side the road, now looks more like the disaster that incinerated Paradise, CA, with all the casualties yet to be accounted for.

Posted by: larry bobo ()
Date: November 16, 2018 03:14AM

I’ve posted this several times before, but some may not have seen it. These are some Latter Rain teachings – you decide if they sound familiar to what you heard in TLWF:

The Latter Rain, Restoration of the Church, Restoration of the five-fold ministries, Pre-rapture spiritual second coming of Christ, New revelation and prophecies, Manifestation of the sons of God, Overcoming death before Christ’s return, Dominion Now theology and spiritual warfare, Mainstream Christianity referred to as “old order” or “Babylon”, Personal ministry – words from God from leaders to congregants, Emphasis on the Feast of Tabernacles. Man-child doctrine, Joel’s army and militancy, Deeper levels of revelation including altered states of consciousness, Incarnation of Christ in a many-membered body, Spiritual evolution to perfection, Divine order, Enforced unity, Shepherding, and Father/son mentoring.

This is not teaching you would have heard in mainstream Christianity. About all that is missing is the need for a revelation of the Door Opener Apostle and the Lamp of Israel. The Latter Rain is notorious for grandiose claims of new types of ministries. Also, WJ Stevens’s grandson mentioned that they carted off boxes of Latter Rain and William Branham tapes from his grandfather’s house after he died, even though the family claimed it was not a fountain the were drinking from.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.