Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Onion ()
Date: November 09, 2018 03:13PM

Happysad - You expressed the feelings of what we are experiencing so beautifully.

Amos - Describing the sense of loss when discovering the truth about an organization that you gave the best years of your life to, is apt.

No one on this forum, writing on FB, or just now facing the reality of the bottom falling out of this group, has arrived at this place without a deep sorrow. It is devastating to look back and know that most of your life, your dreams for your future, your most productive years and all of your energies were given to something so completely false and empty.

I guess we are very lucky to have gotten out alive. We may be wounded, broke, and "senior citizens" now, but we have freedom and joy to look forward to.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: November 09, 2018 05:35PM

I can echo the bittersweet sentiments of those posting before me, because of the many warm memories I share with those I have LOVED along the way. Sad I am not for the loss of an organization that managed to capture our attention while draining our life.

Many thanks to all who have had the courage over the years to keep this conversation going, and thanks also to those who swam against the current, poked your nose in for a peek, and eventually spread the news around.

We are just now seeing a 'long winter' (1951-2018) turn into an early Spring, and we will soon be skipping through flower fields with a smile and a song.

Let the GOOD TIMES roll . . .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2018 05:49PM by kBOY.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: November 09, 2018 06:38PM

P.S.

What seemed to be our entire world will be replaced with the one that was promised.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: November 09, 2018 10:08PM

Awesome posts, HappySad, Amos, changedagain, kBoy, Cloudwatcher, puddington, Onion and so many others. There are those misguided friends who think that all of us here are the destroyers. We are not. The destroyers are the upper echelon TLWF leaders bent on absolute control and power. Even now they are rallying sympathy and support from among the faithful behind the scenes. The torches and pitchforks will come out, don't doubt it. Watch your backs and follow the money. Cheery words for a Friday morning...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2018 10:20PM by Reepicheep.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: November 09, 2018 11:44PM

Reepicheep Wrote:

> TLWF leaders bent on absolute control and power. Even
> now they are rallying sympathy and support from
> among the faithful behind the scenes. The torches
> and pitchforks will come out, don't doubt it.
> Watch your backs and follow the money. Cheery
> words for a Friday morning...

Yeah, I've gotten word that many die-hard TLWFers are rallying around Rick, comparing him to King David. Interesting. I wasn't aware that King David sexually abused so many girls in his lifetime and never really specifically apologized for it. It's been quite a while since I've read the Bible.
Anyway, lately I've been wasting my time in political forums, trying to make the point that President Trump is very much like George Washington. Both could never tell a lie. And they both golfed a lot. I probably should fact check the latter claim.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: November 10, 2018 12:11AM

courtroom scene:
Judge: How do you plead?
Rick: Not guilty, your honor. I am King David.

Posted by: Amos ()
Date: November 10, 2018 12:24AM

changedagain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> courtroom scene:
> Judge: How do you plead?
> Rick: Not guilty, your honor. I am King David.

I suppose it's possible. The guy could be King David. But the only way that could be true is if in addition to sexually assaulting women, he would have had to murder their husbands in order to take them as wives.He's had four.

Does anyone know if four people have dissappeared?

Posted by: HappySad ()
Date: November 10, 2018 12:45AM

King David? Really? Omg, vomiting, brb. So much for Rick being gone...looks like he will be controllng everthing and everyone of his loyal followers from his “cave”.

Onion, and others, what are your thoughts about what is actually going to happen vs what Gary’s letter and others are saying? Is this all a big show and once again nothing will actually change? Just be re-vamped into other independent churches all still affiliated by choice and now Gary gets paid to visit and bring the word?

I cannot help but wonder if what is being said by Gary and others is all PR fluff.

Posted by: thisisthetime ()
Date: November 10, 2018 04:20AM

And JRS told to have them turn the showers to cold after 5 Minutes! That was in the 75-77 era!

Posted by: Amos ()
Date: November 10, 2018 10:34AM

HappySad Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> King David? Really? Omg, vomiting, brb. So much
> for Rick being gone...looks like he will be
> controllng everthing and everyone of his loyal
> followers from his “cave”.
>
> Onion, and others, what are your thoughts about
> what is actually going to happen vs what Gary’s
> letter and others are saying? Is this all a big
> show and once again nothing will actually change?
> Just be re-vamped into other independent churches
> all still affiliated by choice and now Gary gets
> paid to visit and bring the word?
>
> I cannot help but wonder if what is being said by
> Gary and others is all PR fluff.

Anyone who has studied psychology would suggest that religions, even when it is apparent that they are completely wrong, become even more zealous. There was another cult, discussed in my college textbook that believed a flying saucer was going to arrive on a particular day. So, they sold their possessions, and waited. The saucer never arrived. Rather than admit they might be on the wrong track, they became even more zealous and even more aggressively sought converts. So reason and failure simply does not matter. People who have given their lives to something have a terribly difficult time dealing with the cognitive dissonance inherit of the discovery that they may have been wasting their time.

You may also recall that Jimmy Swaggart, a few decades ago, was caught literally with his pants down with a prostitute, that after preaching from the pulpit how awful sexual deviancy was. He resigned shortly thereafter. Jim Baker went to prison for fraud, and Tammy Baker if you recall had the famous makeup tear stains when she and Jim got caught. SNL had a field day for a while. Dana Carvey made a career out of "Church Lady" emulating that kind of thing. Both Swaggart and Baker are back at it.

So, if history is any indicator, the LWF won't exactly fall apart, it will change form, with some even more fanatical in their devotion.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.