Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: November 02, 2018 06:43AM

JEZTHEBELLE:

I lived in Shiloh during it's heyday ('78-'79 when there were 400+ living in the dorm-rooms). I was also a beast of burden that worked at the sawmill, winters and all.

We spent the last years of JRS working at 'Comm West' out of GH's garage before it was moved to the building. We happened to be sent to an eastern outpost shortly before JRS died that became a shi*t-storm all its own. We then escaped back to the west coast for more of the same.

There were always rumors circulating around about mischief that could not be confirmed. (Remember all the scuttlebutt surrounding Mel Bailey in Anaheim?) We were also stuck in the east when all the 'divorce-wars' were taking place. We were also not in a position to get our ears close enough to go beyond whispered gossip.

Kudos to you for standing strong and speaking up. We were of an earlier generation that had drunk more Kool-Aid than you.

I fully remember the mass exodus that occurred during the G&M transition. I also heard about (but was not invited to) the 'my way or the highway' service(s) that MS orchestrated. Everyone was forced to pick sides unfortunately, with the losses affecting everyone.

Once again, I understand yours and LAMPSHMAMPS skepticism regarding this event. I guess we will all have to decide whether to be game-changers or spectators.

I for one have chosen to try and move the ball down the field. (Translation available on request.)

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: November 02, 2018 07:08AM

JEZTHEBELLE & LAMPSHMAMP:

Just to be clear where I stand; I don't think ANY current leader in any TLW church should ever be put back into ANY leadership position. There may be circumstances in the future where the infractions may not have be so grievous, that there might be the opportunity to rejoin as 'members' later--whatever that will mean.

The housecleaning must be thorough.

Posted by: LampShmamp ()
Date: November 02, 2018 07:19AM

KBoy,

I read the last few lines of your last post with interest. By the way, I haven't weighed in on my prediction of the direction that the walk will be taking. But if in your opinion we have a choice to be game changers or spectators to some event, which precisely do you believe we can or should be doing? As you personally move the ball down the field, what steps are you taking and what exactly is your goal? What do you believe is within your power to accomplish? I see that Shalom did something bold and relevant, do you have a plan?

Posted by: JezTheBelle ()
Date: November 02, 2018 07:33AM

kBOY

You and I know each other given the time frames and locations. I'll leave it at that because it doesn't really matter that you were the generation before me or who we are.

I WAS at the choosing service. It divided my house. It took decades to reconcile, and having done so, there were conditions. There will be NO discussion of TLW from either direction. We cannot agree. Can. NOT. And because life necessitated forgiveness and reconciliation, we have made an uneasy, if loving, truce that has lasted another decade or so.

They are on their faces, AGAIN, these same people who died a thousand times over when it happened to me. They didn't KNOW! They are so SORRY! Never again!

But, I heard the conversation with the Shepherd in the other room late last night. There will be a special service this week! God is rooting out the lust of the flesh, the hunger for power, the abuse of His Flock! The Word is Truth, it does not waver, even as the flesh dies so it can be reborn in His perfect image.

Oh yes. The spin is spinning and the sheep, though distressed, have no choice but to believe. If they do not, they must face the fact that their Blind Faith bought them nothing but blindness for more than 50 years, and all of that sacrifice and pain was for NOTHING.

If they, our parents, were strong enough to face that kind of loss and grief and self examination in the first place, there wouldn't have BEEN a Third Generation, let alone a Fourth and Fifth.

You, of course, are welcome to try and move the ball down the field. But, there is no salvaging anything here. It's time to burn the field and salt the earth so this sickness ends once and for all. Planting the same seeds 25 yards away will not yield a different crop.

It is BEYOND time to get THE LAW involved.

Date: November 02, 2018 07:36AM

LAMPSHMAMP:

Without wanting to fully compromise my Cult Forum pseudonym (not that I really give a sh*t anymore), I have been and will continue to be, a healing voice on the FB thread. That may seem like small potatoes, but do not underestimate the influence it can have in the long run when so much healing needs to take place.

As far as other endeavors, I intend to fully support EVERY EFFORT that anyone is pursuing to bring this travesty to a halt, be it a shoulder to cry on, providing any information I may be privy to in pursuing criminal indictments, financial audits, and all the rest.

I am also encouraged by all the efforts of the third/fourth generations who are establishing other lines of communication that are NOT the property of FB, and can be closely monitored for trolls.

We are early in the game, and there is much yet to be played out.

Hell--it's only been one week and look at all the sh*t that has hit the fan.

Date: November 02, 2018 07:56AM

JEZTHEBELLE:

I understand anecdotally how jacked-up those 'My Way' service(s) must have been, and can certainly understand the divisive and destructive nature it must of been within families.

"But, I heard the conversation with the Shepherd in the other room late last night. There will be a special service this week!" Are you inferring this is CURRENT?

As far as any 'salvage operation' goes, the only thing I would like to see is that the facilities be turned over to the 'little people' to do as they please, up to and including, cashing out of the whole situation. (Believe me--I have no idea how that would work, except via a major lawsuit that I would back to the hilt.)

I have no doubts that the leadership is going to go into hyper-spin like never before 'cause their very lives are at stake, but I don't think it will withstand the fury of a mob of angry mothers.

I fully agree it is time to get the law involved, but I suspect in the end, it will be their financial Achilles Heel that will bring this whole thing down.

Date: November 02, 2018 08:07AM

LADS & LASSES:

We are all on the SAME TEAM (unless otherwise notified ), each playing a different position according to their strengths. Everyone has a voice, all voices must be heard, and we are going to bring this son-of-a-bitch down.

They are reeling against the ropes from that stunning first blow, and now is the time to finish them off.

(Sorry for the metaphors--that's just how I'm wired.)

Posted by: JezTheBelle ()
Date: November 02, 2018 08:15AM

kBoy Same team, indeed, or we wouldn't be here, or on FB, or quietly gathering old friends who have been through this before.

I'm inferring (or implying) nothing. I am saying right out, I heard it, last night, Halloween 2018.

And in the aftermath, my house is suffering terribly. AGAIN.

But it won't stop them from attending Saturday's Special Service, and the "Amen, Lord's! Hear the Cry of Our Hearts! We Demand our Birthright!" that ended the conversation left zero doubt about where it would go. AGAIN.

Date: November 02, 2018 08:20AM

(Just to borrow a recent FB post addressing legal liabilities)

To the victims of crimes committed by leadership in the Living Word Fellowship :

If you are a victim of a crime and would like someone to walk into a police station to press charges against anyone that committed a crime against you I will be happy to walk in with you as emotional support.

To the current member of the living word fellowship:

It is not out of the realm of possibility that if it is proven in a court of law that a crime has been committed, anyone involved including people that knew about it and suppressed the information might me be held accountable and found guilty of a crime punishable by prison time. If our current board of directors are found guilty of that crime and end up in prison that would leave the door open for the government to seize our churches properties. We need to have selected members that were not involved in the crimes that were committed in any way thoroughly vetted and prepared to take over for the current board of directors. We as a church have already publicly stated that these allegations are “credible” it’s time to wake up and take ownership over our church if we don’t want it sold out from under us or possibly seized in future court proceedings that are going to take place. If any leadership that was in authority during the time the crimes were committed is not actively looking for a way to replace themselves in this board of directors, then they are not to be trusted in any way shape or form and I’m not interested in anything they have to say until they make that happen.

Date: November 02, 2018 08:37AM

JEZTHEBELLE:

Believe me--I feel your pain. Not knowing the specifics of your particular plight (which pains me greatly), all I can say is this thing is going to take time to play itself out. That may be of little consolation to you at the moment, but there is a lot of movement on multiple fronts that has yet to appear on our radar.

It sounds like you are in the L.A. area, which I'm sure is red-lining right now with so much to lose, but we will just have to fight fire with fire until it all goes up in smoke.

I know public demonstrations have never been our gig, but the #METOO movement may provide enough momentum to actually begin camping out at their gates until the eviction notices arrive.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.