Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: LampShmamp ()
Date: November 02, 2018 05:09AM

Oh here we go:

"..never before has the skirt been lifted on the harlot that raised us, who used to parade around the house dressed like a queen, but was always emanating a foul odor."

"events have finally reached critical mass and this genie will not be put back in the bottle. The streets are running with blood right now."

"avoid the light that is being shed so freely."

"the sheep will bar the door."

These prophetic-sounding, ambiguous, parroted phrases are just as annoying now as when we had to listen to them in the walk. That weird thing about the harlot is as puzzling as it is gross. Maybe just talk in plain English, for god's sake.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Blowout ()
Date: November 02, 2018 05:28AM

kBOY:
I believe you're right... I don't think anything of this magnitude has happened before in terms of the congregants finally speaking out against the poor leadership in this organization. It is, in fact, a “new day” and I hope that the people in this cult will find their way out.
But, I believe JezTheBelle is echoing what I was saying in a letter to Jason Sayer. The new generation of leaders (the now adult children of those who were in direct communication with JRS) are leading with the same style they learned from their parents… it’s the only thing they know. Yes, get some professional help, yes, issue an apology, all well and good… But that’s not all that’s happening.
By separating the Palmer Lake church from TLWF they want to seem like they’re doing a good thing… But it’s a fairly bald tactic to close ranks and minimize damage to their local sect by minimizing the association with the trouble TLW is in right now. It’s the same maneuvering they’ve always done in a crisis. If a sheep is a problem, separate it from the flock. If the leadership f’s up, cover it up… if you can’t cover it up, distance yourself from it. It’s their playbook… the #itwasntME movement.
I have no doubt in my mind that everyone under Jason’s control has read and accepted his apology and is ready to jump right back into what they’ve always done… with some added chaperones for a time.
But, THE LEADERSHIP IS EXACTLY THE SAME. It’s literally the same people that perpetrated and allowed the abuse, If Jason Sayer is involved, John & Chris Sayer are involved, they are thought of like gods. It’s more of the same and will end the same. It should be a wholesale change in leadership. Honestly, I’d be happier to see it disbanded altogether, the people would survive and be stronger for it, but that’s a lot to wish for.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: November 02, 2018 05:28AM

LAMPSHMAMP:

1. Would the 'wizard' analogy work for you?
2. How about a flood of tears?
3. It is getting harder to hide.
4. The natives are restless.
5. How the mighty have fallen.

Sorry--I'm not bilingual.

Posted by: Ohman? ()
Date: November 02, 2018 05:29AM

Maybe Rick Hullbrook will apologize and it will all be ok.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: November 02, 2018 05:52AM

BLOWOUT:

I realize things are in their early stages, and have yet to play out in full. Each location and every congregation is going to have to tackle their situation individually.

I also realize there have been numerous 'false starts' in the past that essentially did nothing and went nowhere. I don't see that happening this time. Just my observation, not a statement of fact.

I fully sympathize with both JEZTHEBELLE and LAMPSHMAMP's skepticism based on past experience, but I just see different dynamics at play this time that were never present before.

There was never a platform utilized before (aside from this forum which lacked any credibility with TLW faithful) that was able to execute such an end-run and launch a preemptive strike. (LAMPSHMAMP--do you need translation?)

Once again, we are all assessing the developments as they unfold, but I would say the early returns from only one week of voting are leading to a crushing defeat this fall.

(Sorry LAMPSHMAMP.)

Posted by: JezTheBelle ()
Date: November 02, 2018 05:52AM

Seventies Walker: PRECISELY! I remember all of that. Every bit. As we watch this generation blow it out of the water with tools we didn't have - digital media, broad communication, the #MeToo movement finally making it okay to step up and speak out, I had hope for a minute. It took less than 72 hours to see the old pattern emerge. Fuck me to tears, indeed. May your "Cats" STAY WOKE! ;-)

LampShamp Good GRIEF, YES! Especially THOSE words in a time like this one. UGH!

kBoy You were around in the mid-seventies? And you can STILL say, never before?

Where were you when JRS died and the succession wars divided us? When the churches on the eastern side of the Mississippi were all but dissolved? Where were YOU when everyone started moving to Shiloh and California and sending their kids to Kingdom School so the Flesh of the World could fall away? Didn't you hear the whispers in closed rooms about Elders and Pastors who were abusing their power? Did you not hear the heart cry of the people for a paradigm shift when it all began coming to light? Did you not witness the affairs and wife swapping going on in APCO? Did you miss the mass exodus and change of leadership? Because I didn't. I was at ground zero, right along with the rest of the "Third Generation." We spoke up. We fought hard.

We were trampled under a New Day exactly the way it's happening now. Repentance, Reform, New Shepherds for Everyone! YAY! We Love You! We Forgive You! Let Healing Begin! It's a New Day! The Kingdom is still coming! We're still the Chosen! While the streets were running with OUR blood.

Why would the flock bar the door? With what independent, critical thinking? No. It's already happening in my house. Who do you call when you are conflicted, hurting, and afraid? You call your Shepherd, of course. And your Shepherd will tell you this is a terrible thing. It happened in another church where there were problems because there was Battle, Wrong Spirits, Flesh... The Lord is Dealing With It. And now there will be a Cleansing and a Healing and yet another NEW DAY and everything will be okay again because it isn't about the foundation this fraud was built upon. It can't be. Because if it is...?

I hope I'm wrong. I do. I think your optimism is admirable. But, if you were there through it all as you say, then I'm not sure how it is you think this will end any other way.

The wolves are still in charge of the hen house, and you REALLY believe they've lost their appetites just because a few chicks complained and the flock got their feathers ruffled?

It's a lot easier to replace a few Roosters than it is to starve -- and TLW will NEVER willingly starve.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2018 06:20AM by JezTheBelle.

Posted by: LampShmamp ()
Date: November 02, 2018 05:58AM

KBoy,

You're sorry you're not bilingual?? Wizards and harlots with a foul odor?? Stranger and stranger. I simply mean that parroting analogies can make it difficult for the reader to interpret the meaning of what is being said. Also it is reminiscent of being in a cult, where only those in the same cult understood what those phrases even meant. But I don't intend to rehash it further here.

Posted by: queenbea ()
Date: November 02, 2018 06:08AM

Hi everyone!

This is Anaiah Spencer, now Anaiah Shehori. I wanted to let everyone know that yes, the media has been contacted. The Washington Post article came out today.

We have another national publication that is interested. I am wondering if there are any victims of abuse that follow this thread are interested in coming forward for this article? We are hoping for people on the record but anonymity is alright, as well.

If you have a story to tell, please message me at papayaanaiah@gmail.com.

Thanks!

Posted by: Lilith ()
Date: November 02, 2018 06:25AM

All of this has happened before and will happen again and again. Will they ever learn? Probably not. Already they are softening and the walk talk is ramping up.
(on the FB posts)

Posted by: Blowout ()
Date: November 02, 2018 06:43AM

Seriously, I can’t even read it anymore.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.