Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: larry bobo ()
Date: October 31, 2018 01:50AM

As someone who has posted for years, I know there is a period where you need to share your experience, just to get it off your chest and find some personal healing. I also know there is a later period where it is not so much about you, but about helping others. If you say too much, the walls go up and the defenses become stronger – actually hindering your goal of helping. You can only say as much as the listener is able to bear, or it becomes counter-productive.

I think it is a little premature to mention this to those still in TLWF, but in light of what is brewing in the leadership, I think it needs to be brought up before they weave further deception. Unless you don’t believe your lying eyes, (e.g. Shalom and John Miller) this is not the first time Rick’s indiscretions have been investigated. Those covering it up have their own situations to hide – therefore, the lack of action. It is also not the first time John, Marilyn, and Gary’s indiscretions have been brought to light either. I know they have all been sacred cows within the fellowship that have been carefully guarded - but they are hiding behind an illusion. John’s word is also an illusion that does not bear good fruit, but produces bondage.

I’ve heard from multiple sources of multiple instances of John, Marilyn, and Gary’s sexual escapades. Mary mentioned John and Marilyn’s relationship and Gary and Marilyn’s relationships while they were still married to others. There is much more that needs to be brought to light. If I say what I have heard, it is only gossip. If those with first-hand experience would be willing to speak up, it will drive a final nail into the coffin of this abusive cult. I’m sure those with this knowledge have to be aware of what has been happening recently on social media – even though the ones I’ve heard about are long gone. My prayer is that you will have the courage to turn on the light so that others can see what they are actually dealing with and make an informed decision. Who knows, maybe even Rick will speak up and not take all the blame. There are many good people in TLWF that when faced with the truth, will do the right thing – as evidenced by this past week.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Twoteetwo ()
Date: October 31, 2018 02:04AM

Cloud watcher wrote:

>You mean the very same "Word" that entrapped every single one of us and created the condition for abuse to take place? The "word" that created the false hierarchy? The "Word" that created a cult? John Stevens is the one responsible for Gary and Marilyn and their tyrannical rule. Things went totally crazy once Marilyn announced that Martha must die. How better to get rid of the wife so she can become the queen? It's all so sick. None of what we were taught should be a part of anything going forward no matter how people want to cling to it. It was the vehicle of destruction.<

For real, Cloudwatcher! The “Word” itself from JRS was and is corrupt and all the more pernicious for sounding like the real thing. Satan is an angel of light. The Walk looked so good, and we all felt so good, but there’s no arguing with the rot it produced in our lives. It’s taken me YEARS to peel back (yay, Onion) layers of indoctrination, and to understand and accept how skewed and unscriptural my thinking sometimes still is.

Date: October 31, 2018 02:10AM

Larry Bono wrote:

> I know they [JRS, G & M] have all been sacred cows within the fellowship that have been carefully guarded - but they are hiding behind an illusion. John’s word is also an illusion that does not bear good fruit, but produces bondage.<

Yes.

Date: October 31, 2018 02:11AM

Sorry: *Bobo*

Posted by: JezTheBelle ()
Date: October 31, 2018 03:47AM

What a difference social media / instant communication makes.

We're finally going to talk about this? We're finally going to take it seriously, get upset, write letters, demand resignations and reform?

Because I can't be alone in feeling a certain sense of deja vu here. There were allegations of sexual misconduct from JRS & APCO down to local Elders once before. The Cult divided once before. Leadership was under fire and accused of cover ups, maneuvering for personal gain and indiscretion once before. Scores of young, at the time, men and women came forward with stories.

There have been accounts discussed here in these very pages for years. There were at FactNet too.

We were not believed. We were distractions, Jezebels, stumbling blocks and channels. We were estranged from our God, our families, our friends, our very lives while we put the pieces back together, alone. We spoke as adults. We found these forums. We told our stories under assumed names for decades, fearing for clueless loved ones left behind. We were not believed. We were bitter, exaggerating, isolated cases, or trolls.

So, while I wish I believed this banding together, this Cleansing, this Shining of the Light into 40 & 50 year old darkness would change things. It won't.

Because yes, I've seen all this before. This time, at least, there will be a digital record for the 6th, 7th and 8th Generations to learn from. The conditioned sheep will swallow the swill they've been drinking in all along. And it will be enough, for another 20 years or so.

TLWF's very refusal to die under egregious circumstances over and over again, is, ironically, the most damning evidence of all, its own "Word" is all that is needed to repair the damage. The designation "Church" is, and always has been, a misnomer.

This is a Cult.

And if it can't disband on its own, it is WAY beyond time for intervention from The Law.

Last time we got The Lamp Of Israel. This time, I suggest Warrants.

ENOUGH!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2018 03:58AM by JezTheBelle.

Posted by: dirtybrushes ()
Date: October 31, 2018 04:22AM

"In addition, we are reaching out to those negatively impacted by this behavior, to offer our apologies as well as counseling with outside professionals."

This is a quote from the letter of "apology" on the TLWF website.

What an abomination! The LAST people I want "reaching out" to me at this juncture are the people who spiritually bullied me for over 30 years and made me feel like I was an inadequate human being every day of my life! And I would run like hell from any "counseling professional" they might send after me! I would probably get called a "selfish, emasculating, manipulative Jezebel" again and might even become subject to a forced exorcism! Yikes!

When your past abusers' names show up on your phone, don't answer!

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: October 31, 2018 05:03AM

I noticed on the The Living Word Fellowship website that the Honolulu and Palmer Lake churches are no longer listed in the church directory. What is that about?
Should I contact Robert Mueller, or is that taking it too far?

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: October 31, 2018 05:42AM

dirtybrushes Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "In addition, we are reaching out to those
> negatively impacted by this behavior, to offer our
> apologies as well as counseling with outside
> professionals."
>
> This is a quote from the letter of "apology" on
> the TLWF website.
>
> What an abomination! The LAST people I want
> "reaching out" to me at this juncture are the
> people who spiritually bullied me for over 30
> years and made me feel like I was an inadequate
> human being every day of my life! And I would run
> like hell from any "counseling professional" they
> might send after me! I would probably get called a
> "selfish, emasculating, manipulative Jezebel"
> again and might even become subject to a forced
> exorcism! Yikes!
>
> When your past abusers' names show up on your
> phone, don't answer!

Yes, TLWF wants to control the whole process (investigation, counseling etc.), which would protect them at the expense of the victims. It would be unwise to keep trusting the abusers to make things right.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: October 31, 2018 05:45AM

changedagain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I noticed on the The Living Word Fellowship
> website that the Honolulu and Palmer Lake churches
> are no longer listed in the church directory.
> What is that about?
> Should I contact Robert Mueller, or is that taking
> it too far?

Changedagain, good catch! I googled those two churches and only their local website showed up in the search. Those sites said "under construction". Looks like shady stuff is happening behind the scenes. Same place, same thing, same people...new name and new corp?

Posted by: Liamthomasusa ()
Date: October 31, 2018 06:03AM

I just read the Woodrow Nichols book... filled in and clarified a lot of information that had been cloaked in secrecy “need to know” .... I had just married one of the early Blix girls (1975)... I remember the whispered names and implications of secret relationships JRS had. I remember the phone call from Maryann Buckingham(1995/96) to my wife (noe ex)stating she was going public about her first child being JRS’s son.... you see Maryann was living at Blix the same time my ex-wife had lived there... my ex new what had been going on. There were many late night calls from G&M trying to bury the story.

It was soon after that drama I began to realize I no longer needed the affirmation of others and began thinking my own thoughts and found value in myself without affirmation from CLWF leaders. I no longer needed to believe in those that had been my “spiritual compass” .... imagine that!

I applaud Shalom for being able to find her inner strength to stand up and put her experiences in writing and share them on a public forum. I am so grateful that Onion is sharing her historical perspective and lending her fiery energy in putting together facts and a timeline....and believe me.... I know her fiery energy (lol).

I too am lending my energy and resources to bring all the chickens to roost so many more of the dearest loved ones can be free from the tyranny of CLWF.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.