Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Cloudwatcher ()
Date: October 25, 2018 02:23AM

It doesn't matter to any of TLWF who did what because Gary represents God. He can say what he wants when he wants--do what he wants when he wants with impunity. He has layers protecting him--because you do not question God--ever.

It is doubtful that anyone left will escape that place now. Gary has it covered. I once had a phone conversation with RRMOderator. He told me that TLWF was the worst case scenario and that the odds of getting out were slim. It was a tough pill to swallow with family on the inside, but now I see how true that statement is --they will not use their God-given mind and reason or anything that is rational to decide on these matters. It is sad sad sad. Some of the most intelligent, capable and beautiful people --- captured in a moment long ago--that was it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Onion ()
Date: October 25, 2018 02:25AM

Larry Bobo: I can confirm that JRS and Marilyn had a relationship long before his divorce. I moved into the Blix House on 2-14-72 when I was 21. I don't remember if it was going on openly when I moved in but definitely within 1 year those of us living with Marilyn, Bessie, Rick & Marti at Blix, knew that Marilyn went away every week on Monday and Tuesday. Those are the days JRS went away to "wait on the Lord" after his heavy service schedule each week. The girls (but mostly Bessie) took care of Rick and Marti and within a short time, I became the "house sitter/companion" for Martha Stevens. I would go over every night JRS was gone and sleep in his office because Martha was afraid to be alone.

I helped Marilyn pick out the best wig for her to wear in the car with JRS so it would hide her identity should they be seen.

Martha moved out of the marital residence on 9-25-1978. If my memory is accurate, Marilyn was with JRS 24/7 after that. At some point whenever JRS traveled, he was 1 of a foursome that included Marilyn, Phyllis, and Larry Makuakane. At the end of one trip, Marilyn decided she hated Larry Makuakane and he quickly became a blip in history.

I heard from someone that Rick and Marti always threw it in Marilyn's face that she taught them how to have affairs and that she was an absentee mother. I don't remember who told me about that - it might have been Marilyn - but I remember hearing about it several times.

So many sad memories, so little time left over after a lifetime in bondage.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: October 25, 2018 03:25AM

Cloudwatcher Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> It is doubtful that anyone left will escape that
> place now. Gary has it covered. I once had a
> phone conversation with RRMOderator. He told me
> that TLWF was the worst case scenario and that the
> odds of getting out were slim.

I guess TLWF is special after all...as a worst case scenario cult.
Wow, that's interesting and sad.
BTW, I'm not sure if this has been shared before on forum (below). I doubt existing members are privy to these facts, and even if known, it would have an any impact on their decision making going forward. A big 'so what?' The leaders will retain the status of God in their eyes. But here goes:

-March 8, 1982
Birth of Donna Hargrave
-March 9, 1984
Divorce of Gary and Donna Hargrave
-March 17, 1984
Marriage of Gary and Marilyn

(If anyone think G & M were first married in June of 1984, they are mistaken.)

Attachments: Key dates.jpg (52 KB)  
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: October 25, 2018 03:33AM

As interesting as all these revelations are, there is no getting around the sick feeling one is left with in hearing about them. It does fill in some important details as to the leverage Rick has held over Marilyn from the start; first the affair with JRS and then with Gary.

When you couple all these anecdotes with the early history of JRS documented in the Woodrow Nichols expose, you have a pot that was poisoned from the start. No matter how glorious the 'word' extrapolated from the scriptures, it will never be enough to offset the actions of lives lived in contradiction to it.

Posted by: Cloudwatcher ()
Date: October 25, 2018 04:16AM

KBoy says:

"No matter how glorious the 'word' extrapolated from the scriptures, it will never be enough to offset the actions of lives lived in contradiction to it."

In a word my friend, says it all.

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: October 25, 2018 05:20AM

Well said, kBoy.

Date: October 25, 2018 07:48AM

TLWF on Reddit

[www.reddit.com]

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: October 25, 2018 10:27PM

Cloudwatcher Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> KBoy says:
>
> "No matter how glorious the 'word' extrapolated
> from the scriptures, it will never be enough to
> offset the actions of lives lived in contradiction
> to it."
>
> In a word my friend, says it all.

That captures it.

Date: October 25, 2018 11:02PM

I think recent developments have thrown the leadership back on their heels and established a trend they will not be able to resist forever.

In today's climate of exposure of things long hidden, they are definitely on the run and headed for the cliff they always thought they could keep at a safe distance.

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: October 25, 2018 11:34PM

And now Gary is threatening to sue those that discuss any of this. As invasion of privacy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.