Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Onion ()
Date: October 13, 2018 01:59AM

Thanks TCMJonah - I was curious about this as well since my dad and a number of my cousins are buried there too.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: October 13, 2018 04:02AM

No problem :) I'm glad my time there was worth something, at least.

I thought I would add some info here to help any other young people who may be thinking about leaving TLWF. I've almost been out of it for a year now and might have some helpful info.

1. The feeling of wanting to leave or get away or doubt in the beliefs is a band-aid waiting to be pulled. The way that I left wasn't the best, i'll admit. I was highly involved and had a lot of responsibilities. At one point, I just told my pastors that I was moving and wanted to get out of the umbrella of shiloh for awhile and it was something that I needed to do. I still kept trying to make TLWF work for me. I attended services once a week on sundays and that was it for a while until I stopped all together. I didn't tell many people and left my responsibilities for others to pick up. At the time I wasn't thinking about my close friends in the church and how that affected them and some were hurt by my sudden disappearance. I wish I could have been honest and told them why I was leaving, but the past is the past and i've been able to reconnect with a few of them and be honest with them.

ANYWAY, I wish I could have stopped altogether, but find a way to tell the ones i was close to. Because I tried to fade away, I pretended like nothing was happening when everyone had been noticing I was showing my face around less and less until I was gone.

2. Don't lose contact with your friends inside TLWF. If you have close friends within the church, be honest with them about why you're leaving and don't let it split you up. In the real world, people have friends with widely different beliefs and you don't have to have the same beliefs to be friends. I have been cut off by friends in the church and it does not feel good, but if that happens to you, realize that your friend is not to blame.

3. Life outside of the church means you are responsible for your own life! This has great benefits and great downsides. You can date whoever you want to. You can pursue any career. Move to any city or country. Pick up whatever hobbies. Do whatever you want to. It means that you get to be in charge of your own life and whatever comes out of it. You get to make mistakes and learn from them. You get to be proud of yourself when you make a good decision. Its life! Living a life where your pastor tells you everything to do and not to do means that you're just following advice without ever learning for yourself. The freedom experienced from living your own life is more than any kind of freedom that TLWF is shilling on any given sunday.

4. Life is too short to be bitter and hateful. At a certain point after I left I almost drove away some of my closest friends who are still in the church just by spewing hate and bitterness about the church. Personally, I think it was part of my healing process, but at a certain point I decided that I wanted to live a life of love, respect, happiness, and laughter and I didn't want to be bitter and hateful anymore.

5. Make friends! This can be difficult, but realize that the majority of people want friends and has difficulty making them. Remember all the dinners at Shiloh or other churches when people are drinking and you get into a deep conversation with someone and you talk for hours and hours about something? Well, that happens constantly outside of the church. Depth of character isn't a trait that is only shared by those of TLWF. I urge you to make friends and spend time together. My dad has always said "No one from the church is going to be next to you and take care of you on your deathbed." and he's right.

I'm sure there are other tips, but please feel free to PM me if you need advice or anything.

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: October 13, 2018 04:20AM

Jonah said “...I decided that I wanted to live a life of love, respect, happiness, and laughter and I didn't want to be bitter and hateful anymore.”

That, my friend, is a good plan!

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: October 13, 2018 07:49AM

Hello One and All - Apparently Gary is still inviting input from the discontented and I would like to respond so there is a record of my particular points of contention.

Could anyone please provide me with the contact information they are using to ask people for communication? If there is more than one method for contact, I would like to send my communication to each and every mailbox/porthole/email, whatever.

Thanks.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: October 13, 2018 04:55PM

CHANGEDAGAIN:

Thank you for supplying us with your DNA results. (Aske-nazi Jew, heh?)

If I have done the math correctly (I am not to be trusted at this age), there seems to be a part of you missing, i.e. (68.3% + 24.3% = 92.6%). What happened to the 7.4% of you?

Date: October 13, 2018 05:16PM

THEYcalledMEjonah:

Spectacular advise for all ages and well thought out by living through the experience. I wholeheartedly agree with your 'conclusion' on how to move forward, echoed by PUDDINGTON previously;

". . . to live a life of love, respect, happiness, and laughter. . ."

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: October 13, 2018 10:30PM

kBOY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> CHANGEDAGAIN:
>
>
> Thank you for supplying us with your DNA results.
> (Aske-nazi Jew, heh?)
>
> If I have done the math correctly (I am not to be
> trusted at this age), there seems to be a part of
> you missing, i.e. (68.3% + 24.3% = 92.6%). What
> happened to the 7.4% of you?

No, you're right. I've attached a report with all the percentages broken down. The big relief is that Nephilim ancestry did not show up in the results--not even a tiny percentage! Of course, maybe they're not testing for that yet :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2018 10:32PM by changedagain.

Attachments: 23andme complete ancestry results.jpg (76.2 KB)  
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: October 13, 2018 10:31PM

p.s. Please ignore the mention of Russia in the results. That part of the report is FAKE!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2018 10:31PM by changedagain.

Posted by: fromsouthchicago ()
Date: October 14, 2018 04:05AM

Changedagain(): You have a (Central European) Jewish grandparent. (At least that would seem to be the simplest explanation.) Whether that person was a part of the Jewish community is another thing. Interesting.

TheycallmeJonah(): Thank you for the directions. I took a look via Google Earth and what I saw was as you described.

Since you said that you were at Marilyn's funeral, I have a few questions about it. And I'll add my reasons for asking.

1. Google Earth shows something being constructed near the water tower. Is that the memorial park?

2. What was the funeral like? I ask because my parents attended John S. and Marilyn's wedding. They said that it was a very lively and noisy affair -- something where the people of the cult showed their emotions full-on. I'm wondering if the funeral had a TLWF twist to it? And if it did, what was it?

3. What was Marilyn's cause of death? Doing some research it took me a while to figure out the Marilyn was actually dead. A lot of the material I was looking at, on the many of the TLWF related websites/pages suggested that Marilyn continued to be an "is" as opposed to a "was." It took a while and some digging to finally confirm that yes indeed she was gone.

4. Did they do the same thing when Marilyn died as they did when John Stevens died? I won't go into the details. (Marilyn's and my Uncle Bob gave me the complete story on what happened. Yuck!) Nor do you or anyone else need to provide me with details. A simple yes or no will suffice. Thank you.

5. Did they say Kaddish at her funeral? I ask this because of the apparent connection TLWF makes with Judaism and Jewish practices.

Some questions for anyone who would like to chime-in ...

-- I've been reading some strongly worded comments about Rick Holbrook, my cousin once removed. Would anyone be willing to disclose what's going on with this guy?

-- What about Marilyn's daughter? If memory serves me correctly, her name is Marty. A quick look around suggests to me that she's not involved. Is that true?

Thanks in advance to any answers you can provide.

Next post I'll tell a few stories from the "early times."

Date: October 14, 2018 11:46PM

We Must Break In To Become A Prophetic Community
October 13, 2018 - by Gary Hargrave

[garyhargrave.com]

". . . as we leave behind the days of hierarchy." (Haven't made it very far since the 1950's.)

"We are not just replacing hierarchy with another organizational structure . . ." (A rose by any other name . . .)

"This will require our absolute dedication to the voice of the Lord and to the leading of the Holy Spirit." (In someone else's flesh or the SPIRIT within?)

"When we are immature, we are under the influence of the spiritual forces that guide us and keep us restrained." (TLW leadership)

"As we follow His voice and the leading of the Holy Spirit, He will mature us and give us the authority to cast off the spirits that hold us in bondage." (TLW leadership)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.