Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: puddington ()
Date: October 07, 2018 01:47AM

Gosh, I sure know that bubble. I have experienced it first hand. And also the chaotic freedom that comes when that bubble pops and your whole world turns upside down.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: October 07, 2018 02:08AM

RRMODERATOR:

Thanks for the heads-up on the Leah Remini special. We thoroughly enjoyed her series on Scientology.

To address your previous point; "Many times even though the member has left they may not have unpacked and sorted through their experience in any meaningful process, which may frustrate and prolong their recovery."

I am personally familiar with two instances of individuals who left the fellowship about five years ago and have just recently RETURNED, because they never fully integrated into a new life after their exit. It has gone so far as both of them re-voicing the vernacular particular to the culture, making it a bit more uncomfortable to be around them.

We will love them still but may see them less . . .

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: October 07, 2018 02:22AM

kBoy,

This is why I always encourage people who have recently left a "cult" to do some reading and research. Online resources are plentiful and free.

That's the whole purpose of the Cult Education Institute.

In this way anyone with an electronic device and access to the Web can potentially unravel group programming and unpack their experience on their own schedule and privately if they wish.

It's so sad to learn about people that left a "cult" and then went back. Most often it's because they didn't spend time sorting things out. Though often it's also the emotional pull of family and friends still in the group. Those are the ties that frequently bind people in life and sadly also at times to destructive authoritarian groups.

The rank and file people in an authoritarian group can be so nice, idealistic and unselfish, but the leaders are another story.

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: October 07, 2018 05:43AM

RRModerator - Someone recently mentioned to me that often a shock or drastic event is what breaks a member free of the cult. That is exactly what happened for me. I was in the middle of something I felt I couldn't handle and as I tried to work through it I had an "aha" moment about "The Walk" cult I had been in for over 40 years.

I had pulled away from attending services for several years but I was still very committed and kept my relationships (and my programmed thinking) pretty well intact. Then came the aha moment.

Thank you for your protective stance over this forum. I know some of us can get testy at times, especially if we feel like we're being told what to do (again) but I believe every one of us is very grateful for this forum where we can find backing and support from our fellow victims. I for one was very alone before finding this forum. So thanks again.

And everyone on the forum said: AMEN (that's an inside joke RR)

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: October 07, 2018 06:07AM

I thought briefly years ago of choosing 'THATS RIGHT!!' as my username. But I figured it might inadvertently trigger too many unwelcome flashbacks for other members, so decided go to with something less provocative. And no, I NEVER for a moment seriously considered KillduhNeph.

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: October 07, 2018 08:51AM

Changed - your wit is such a blessing brother.;-)

One of the Blix House prayers during intercession for the neph death was a foot-stomping repeat chant: "straight line heart stop." Phyllis taught us the lingo for death from the Cardiac Critical Care Unit of the hospital. We were blood-thirsty bitches one and all. THANK GOD our prayers were ignored. Sickens me now.

Posted by: Cloudwatcher ()
Date: October 07, 2018 12:45PM

I would rather dribble in my soup in a cuckoo's nest than go back to that shit hole. I will forever be so sad for all who have not been able to escape. I got lucky I guess---it was the flick of a switch for me and I was done. The price is dear but not as dear as my freedom.

Date: October 07, 2018 05:54PM

NICKLE&DIMED:

Perhaps it might be best that your return to the discussion not begin with personal attacks, since that has been a topic of discussion during your absence.

Just sayin' . . .

Date: October 07, 2018 06:43PM

RRMODERATOR:

As you know, there has been a good deal of speculation as to your motives in continuing to allow NICKLE&DIMED to post almost exclusively attacks on other posters.

Said contributor is basically the poster child of your most cherished campaign to root out all those who play the BLAME GAME.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2018 06:59PM by kBOY.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: October 07, 2018 10:11PM

Cloudwatcher Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would rather dribble in my soup in a cuckoo's
> nest than go back to that shit hole. I will
> forever be so sad for all who have not been able
> to escape. I got lucky I guess---it was the flick
> of a switch for me and I was done. The price is
> dear but not as dear as my freedom.

Same with me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.