Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: October 06, 2018 04:05AM

kBoy:

Please don't be cryptic and just answer the question.

Are you in any way, shape or form insinuating that the rank and file membership are enablers?

A simple yes or no answer will suffice.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: October 06, 2018 04:10AM

kBOY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> RRMODERATOR:
>
>
> Mother and husband enabling the son.

The leaders Gary and Marilyn (Rick's Mom), enabling Rick.

Date: October 06, 2018 04:17AM

OK.

Thank you.

Date: October 06, 2018 06:08AM

Some people reading and posting here may have left before much of this was was discussed, exposed, happening, etc. Or, may not be aware that the actions of shepherds abusing sheep, has been going on since the days of JRS, and has somehow become acceptable in the Living Word culture.

But in case there is any confusion regarding the enabling referred to, it applies to the leaders (Gary and Marilyn Hargrave), and the leadership (also known as shepherds), knowing full-well of Rick's tendency toward, and actions of, seduction and sexual abuse, AND still condoning it enough to allow him to maintain his very large position in the leadership. All of this, while somehow turning a deaf ear to the voices, hurts, and abuses of the injured sheep.

So much for the so-called "shepherd's heart".

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: October 06, 2018 06:15AM

I suspect drunk driving is probably what killed David Boney.

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: October 06, 2018 07:53AM

Puddington: I heard recently that drunk driving was involved in Boney's fatal car accident. I don't know if that is confirmed information or suspected. That breaks my heart all over again.

I also heard recently that Rich Lindy's fatal heart attack was a result of long term alcohol abuse. Again, I don't know if that is substantiated.

The TLWF leadership allowing and encouraging excess alcohol consumption in the church has already tolled too great a price.

kBOY - I have known of a few instances where an adult son is either a lazy slob, a violent abuser, a vicious and nasty thief and con-artist (or all three) and those men were raised by a mother (or parents) who protected their precious babies from any and all consequences. I don't know if you can turn someone into a sociopath and narcissist. Nature or nurture? Or maybe it should be called anti-nurture. But those examples of people raised by enabling and protecting parents all resulted in sons who hurt other people in frightening numbers. One of them, of course, being Rick Holbrook and his enormous pool of prey to choose from in his parents' church. He was never stopped, never curbed, and never removed while his victims one by one bleed beside the road.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: October 06, 2018 05:23PM

ONION:

All the more sad when you realize that the folks occupying the cheap seats all these years have and still believe that TLW leadership has their best interests in mind.

My family just ran into a large group of current TLW members who ventured off the reservation to enjoy a Friday evening at our local farmers market, every one of them we have known for decades and still dearly love. Each of them has more integrity in their little finger than anyone in TLW leadership.

Unfortunately, not only are they naive about all the skeletons and dirty laundry hidden away in all those liquor cabinets, but our relationship with them would be adversely affected if we even attempted to broach the subject. They seem happy in their level of UNawareness and appear set to continue on as normal.

Their saving grace has probably been their isolation in a remote enough location to be out of range of the incestuous and degrading environment that L.A. has managed to develop.

So much for the 'pure atmosphere'.

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: October 06, 2018 08:27PM

Interesting kBoy. For some of these people, it seems like they would never leave the cult. It has become so much a part of them. If they left they would practically die. The LW culture has a complete stranglehold on them. Like an inoperable brain turmor. To remove it would kill them.

What it would take is a personal crisis happening to them or someone close to them. Like what happened when Sierra’s mother got terminally ill. A situation like this will reveal the true, cruel nature of the shepherding. Even in that local church with it’s puppet pastors.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: October 06, 2018 11:28PM

PUDDINGTON:

You know you are on the sh*tlist with the higher-ups when they quit sending you those auto-generated, extremely personalized birthday cards.

I knew then and there I was free to go . . .

Date: October 07, 2018 12:36AM

It's very meaningful to read the research and literature describing how an array of cults control and manipulate people. How they control information, manipulate and manage social interaction and the environment.

They create a kind of bubble.

To burst that bubble it usually takes something fairly drastic to happen within it that somehow shocks the member and leads to a crack in their programming large enough to allow space for critical thinking, which has been discouraged, or outside information to leak in that has been blocked.

Subsequently a cult member may leave or flee the group. Many times even though the member has left they may not have unpacked and sorted through their experience in any meaningful process, which may frustrate and prolong their recovery.

Contextualizing their experience within the framework of other destructive authoritarian groups is helpful. Through that process the former member can more easily see and fully realize what has happened to them. That is, how they were tricked into and trapped within the group. What methods were used to do this and how their thinking and feelings were affected. This all helps to unravel the programming done and avoid being tricked into a similar trap in the future.

Leah Remini will be hosting Jehovah's Witnesses on her show "Scientology and the Aftermath" this season. She has apparently realized that even though Scientology is not based on the bible and that Jehovah's Witnesses claim they are the two groups share much in common in structure, control techniques and dynamics. Should be very interesting watching these coming episodes.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.