Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: September 24, 2018 08:26AM

I am close to a former APCO member who's service spanned more that three decades covering both the JRS and G&M eras, and who was unceremoniously shown the door about five years ago. Because of the scope of his involvement over the years (putting out fires all over the fellowship) which brought him in close proximity to many of the folks in the cheap seats, he posed a major threat to draw away large numbers of people once expelled.

Not only was he subjected to brutal psychological abuse in the waning days of his involvement, but once tossed overboard, they launched a concerted spin campaign throughout all the churches to paint a picture that made it look like he left to pursue selfish interests.

With all the talk of 'nature change' over the decades, nothing has seemed to affect the high rollers at the top. Though they like to talk the talk, they show no evidence of walking it out.

Every new day for them is just the same day all over again.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: puddington ()
Date: September 24, 2018 08:48AM

KBoy, that one shunning situation you describe above, was a big game changer for me. I realized just how ruthless and vicious G&M were. And their crew of hatchet men (women). If that’s the kingdom of God, I want no part of it.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: September 24, 2018 09:49AM

kBOY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Not only was he subjected to brutal psychological
> abuse in the waning days of his involvement, but
> once tossed overboard, they launched a concerted
> spin campaign throughout all the churches to paint
> a picture that made it look like he left to pursue
> selfish interests.

Evil

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: September 24, 2018 11:13AM

The current campaign requesting communication is nothing more than a fishing expedition. The leadership is going after another wave of people who like them and believe them and feel warm and fuzzy when they say, "trust me." If we communicate with them about our concerns and the actual problems that name criminal actions and tax violations, all it will do is give them a lot of free research.

Many of us on this forum still have family members in the churches. I have cousins who work right with Rick. If they were contacting former members for input they would certainly be able to contact me, and many others, through relations that are still in the church.

Within the last few weeks Gary lied to a relative of someone connected to this group and said he had never heard anything about sexual misconduct by Rick. Bothering to lie about something that has so many witnesses and so much documentation to the contrary is not very bright. But it is a likely indication of what we can expect from the leadership.

A lot of us are working on different solutions to the need for TLWF to change or close its doors. People are feeling brave to come forward about horrible personal assaults for the first time.

TLWF's request for information/communication is designed, more than anything else, to make us shut up while providing them with information.

Please everybody, do not shut up! Please continue to come forward and be heard.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2018 11:15AM by Onion.

Posted by: Cloudwatcher ()
Date: September 24, 2018 03:44PM

Onion Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The current campaign requesting communication is
> nothing more than a fishing expedition. The
> leadership is going after another wave of people
> who like them and believe them and feel warm and
> fuzzy when they say, "trust me." If we
> communicate with them about our concerns and the
> actual problems that name criminal actions and tax
> violations, all it will do is give them a lot of
> free research.
>
> Many of us on this forum still have family members
> in the churches. I have cousins who work right
> with Rick. If they were contacting former members
> for input they would certainly be able to contact
> me, and many others, through relations that are
> still in the church.
>
> Within the last few weeks Gary lied to a relative
> of someone connected to this group and said he had
> never heard anything about sexual misconduct by
> Rick. Bothering to lie about something that has
> so many witnesses and so much documentation to the
> contrary is not very bright. But it is a likely
> indication of what we can expect from the
> leadership.
>
> A lot of us are working on different solutions to
> the need for TLWF to change or close its doors.
> People are feeling brave to come forward about
> horrible personal assaults for the first time.
>
> TLWF's request for information/communication is
> designed, more than anything else, to make us shut
> up while providing them with information.
>
> Please everybody, do not shut up! Please continue
> to come forward and be heard.

I second that.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: September 24, 2018 04:51PM

This discussion fully demonstrates that love has been sacrificed for doctrine, and all the side 'benefits' that could be embezzled.

Where real spiritual maturity is measured by our love-level, TLW is obviously being run by infantile narcissists with predator instincts.

Posted by: howmidoing ()
Date: September 24, 2018 07:20PM

RRMODERATOR:

Can you please remove my post with the personal information regarding "Amy Sayer"?

Apparently someone or several persons have decided it appropriate to attack her personally.

That was absolutely not my intention and I want to thank the people who thought this a good idea! But it was my mistake for thinking there might be mature individuals interested in actual change and helping the next generation. You may be mad at and not agree with the LW but she is a real person with feelings and not to blame for your hurts and is not your personal punching bag.

You are ruining my opportunity to say what I needed to say about the actual facts of my life. Unbelievable. I hope you realize that you have hurt her, hurt me and others through your aggressive stupidity. You are officially no better then whomever hurt you in the past. Bravo.

~Anne

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: September 24, 2018 09:20PM

Anne, if you are referring to my post, I stand by my words. I just wrote what I feel. I’m not trying to attack anyone. Not Amy either. But maybe if it is harsh sounding, that might be a good wake up call for her. She has been trained by Phyllis. And I suppose still reports to Craig & Phyllis. These are very harsh people. These are classic cult leaders. Amy needs to know what she has aligned her life to. And she needs to know that a lot of us ex-members would have trust issues with her.

But I don’t understand how my post prevents you from telling your story? I am sorry if I suppressed you. It was never my intention to hurt you, Anne.

PS, I did send something in, thru other channels.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2018 09:30PM by puddington.

Date: September 24, 2018 09:49PM

howmidoing Wrote:

> That was absolutely not my intention and I want to
> thank the people who thought this a good idea! But
> it was my mistake for thinking there might be
> mature individuals interested in actual change and
> helping the next generation.

The best way to help the next generation to keep them from being involved in the cult and wasting their life. One of the few things I am proud of during my tenure in TLWF is I stood my ground in resisting TLWF leaders from taking control of my children's lives. I also intervened with a few young adults in our church, steering them away from Rick and activities at the living word building.
Again, I think you're sincere in your effort to persuade people here to open up to TLWF, but you're misguided. If you personally believe they are operating in good faith, it's your choice to take them up on this offer. But you shouldn't condemn others who sense another con game at play, giving their very long histories in this organization. I believe Puddington, KBoy, Onion, GoingRogue, Larry etc. spent more than 30 years there. It's certainly enough time to form a strong opinion of the motivation of the leadership--Gary being the principal one.

p.s. I only spent 21 years in the organization.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2018 09:58PM by changedagain.

Date: September 24, 2018 09:59PM

My grammar can be atrocious. Hence, all the edits.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.