Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Onion ()
Date: September 20, 2018 07:08AM

I had some sexual assault experiences pre-walk. I remember vividly the details of each attack and situationally where I was but if I had to put dates and times to the events, that would be difficult. These traumatic events occurred during the wild 60's and I was an adult before I could look objectively at what happened and recognize that I was not complicit in my own attack -- if that makes sense. One of the events was by a close friend and I only spoke of it for the first time in the last year. So I waited almost 50 years before talking about it.

I saw a couple of red flags in the walk - they were tiny, definitely not overt, and as others have done, I quickly dismissed my own internal warning bells. Both red flags had to do with JRS.

I once spoke to my mom and my sister and each of us could relate experiences of attempted rape in our lives. I don't know about younger generations but at least to the generation of women born in 1950 and before (Mom was born in 1919) there was an assumption that men could take whatever they wanted, including women.

I am deeply alarmed by actions that took place in TLWF of sexual abuse (including assault and seduction). Abuse of power is so ugly. The abuse of that power within the context of a church where people deposit their trust for their leaders to such a depth - that is more than ugly. That is diseased at the core.

There are many ways all of us had our trust violated. I hope we can all speak up, be heard, and cause change.

I think I exposed my identity several months ago when I posted about my cousin Bob McClane. But if it is any additional comfort to people, my name is Mary L. Wyatt and I am a walk survivor.

I like my Onion nickname and will continue to write on this forum under that name. I may even get a tattoo. ;-)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: September 20, 2018 08:51AM

Greetings Mary Wyatt.

Kudos for having the courage to 'out' yourself on this forum. I guess this elevates you to the lofty status of the few who have dared to come out of the closet. Knowing (speculating) that this forum is monitored by the 'accused', that is no small step.

It is a shame that TLW has racked up such enormous collateral damage probably going back to the 50's. Even worse, given their track record, is the fact that there are still some very fine people caught in it's grasp who continue to believe the benefits outweigh the costs. For most, few are really privy to the extent of the dirty laundry that has probably been accumulating in multiple locations over the decades.

We seem to be in a time where there is less and less tolerance for such abuse, with chickens coming home to roost all the way to the Supreme Court. No one knows where the TLW version will lead, but the more that is brought into the light, the fewer clothes the emperor seems to be wearing.

Carpe diem.

Date: September 20, 2018 11:24AM

Mary (Onion) - I have been in the legal field for 35 years, and I would like to know why you were disbarred from the State Bar of California. I take these matters very seriously and this goes to your credibility.

Date: September 20, 2018 12:36PM

To Tell The Truth: I have explained the actions related to the disbarment to many friends and would be happy to explain it to you. Please send me a PM and let me know who you are and I will respond as to a friend in a PM.

If you have been in the walk for a long time, and in the legal field for 35 years I have to assume we know each other. Let me know.

Date: September 20, 2018 12:41PM

kBOY - Very well said. There is a quote that says if something can be destroyed by the truth, it should be.

I agree. I look forward to sharing my full truth to those who can be trusted on this forum and who I consider friends and allies. If my personal history or decisions truthfully told can destroy me in peoples' minds, so be it. Other than that I will stand by my course of action or I will offer apologies (of course I am talking to you but referring to To Tell The Truth's demand for info on my disbarment).

It's getting very interesting, eh?

Posted by: Road to Damascus ()
Date: September 20, 2018 01:15PM

Onion, as far as I am concerned your tale if you decide to share it is important to hear, and I will stand by you what ever you decide come what may. I just wonder how To Tell The truth so quickly knew about the disbarment. Anything you want to say about it I will listen to and embrace you for you. No casting stones here. Love your courage to speak out freely. So To Tell the Truth how do you know about this?

Posted by: Cloudwatcher ()
Date: September 20, 2018 01:24PM

puddington Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> kbyrne —. BURN IT ALL !!!! It will make a lovely
> fire. To use Walk terminology: you have to break
> your bond with The Living Word. : )

I wish I had waited until I could have a bonfire to throw them in --the LW bound volumes, cds, tapes and all literature. But it did feel good to dump them all in the trash can. Delightful acutally

Posted by: Cloudwatcher ()
Date: September 20, 2018 01:57PM

Reading through the posts these last few weeks is encouraging to say the least--that the truth is aggressively being pursued. I have done a lot of work on uncovering things I will be forwarding to Mary. I have also studied many of the scriptures that were twisted around our heads and deciphered true meaning from the viewpoint of historical Christianity. I think people have been nervous about actually doing anything about the crap that has gone on--understandably because it can be a mindfuck--coming out from under the bubble.

I welcome all newcomers and hope you find some peace in knowing you are not alone--we weren't just a bunch of idiots--we were ripped of from our autonomy as human beings--it has to stop. And it looks like the onion is being peeled back at a more rapid pace and people are finding courage and inner strength. Sometimes I really feel alone and I have double-takes on real life going on around me. It is not as I thought. But I am free more and more each day.

I welcome the world into my psyche--it is real--beautiful and ugly at the same time-- sad and happy coexist on a daily basis. I am glad I have life and breathe the air and trust my mind--say sacreligious things---and make fun of the G man--what a pathetic little man he is. Rick is shitting bricks I am sure and I hope they are very big bricks because he is a wimpy little prick.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: September 20, 2018 06:59PM

CLOUDWATCHER:

You have never been one to mince words. Just don't forget to smile . . . :)

ToTellTheTruth:

I too was easily able to find information about Onion's legal situation. At the same time, I did not feel it had any bearing on her credibility with regards to her experiences in TLW which spanned decades, and occurred rubbing shoulders with the upper echelon as her duties required.

There is not one of us who can start casting stones from our perfect life. We have all taken missteps at one time or another, with our stumbling head-first into a life in TLW representing one such example.

Apples & oranges . . .

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: September 20, 2018 08:20PM

kBoy:

"Stumbling head-first"?

Not really. Tricked and trapped deliberately by a calculating and manipulative leader.

Stumbling upon such a group can be seen as unfortunate, but there is no blame on the victims since they were deceived and coerced through manipulation.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.