Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: September 16, 2018 02:46AM

Our choice to float down a river of denials demonstrates the degree of trust we relinquished to others. We were asked to swallow some pretty big fish, just so the upper echelon could continue to be served theirs perfectly prepared.

The one thing we should now not deny ourselves is the full release from any associated guilt. Being unable to engage our full faculties because of the accumulated PTSD, we cannot hold ourselves fully responsible for how we may have acted under duress. A paradigm that normalized the TLW flavor of abuse was the 'soup de jour' served no matter what the day.

Each will have to pursue healing in whatever manner suits them best. The unique characteristics of this forum offer perspectives from fellow participants that are in addition to any help one might pursue from professionals.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2018 02:49AM by kBOY.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: larry bobo ()
Date: September 16, 2018 02:54AM

I wanted to underscore and emphasize the validity of what rrmoderator has stated. I know TLWF has indoctrinated us to not place much value on the words of professionals – especially in light of “words from God”. I would also suggest going deeper in your personal research to see for yourself if the following are true:

“You should not imply blame regarding the victims, but rather place the blame on the predator.

Deception and manipulation is inherently involved in the any destructive cults' recruitment and retention of members.

Rather than being "intoxicated" their feelings are being managed and whatever "misstep" occurs it is under undue influence and through manipulation.

Leaders of destructive cults don't want genuine awareness, but rather deliberately keep secrets and want the people they manipulate to be unaware of their deception.

The process of coercive persuasion and thought reform produces a state of seemingly being mesmerized. But this is the planned and a deliberate and desired byproduct of the leader's intense indoctrination process.

The database of the Cult Education Institute has a wealth of information about how this is done step by step.”

The techniques of all destructive cult leaders are remarkably similar. I don’t think this becomes apparent without some personal digging, and there are many resources, including this site. The manipulation of TLWF goes much deeper than just being enticed by a walk with God, nature change, or the manifest sons of God ruling the world – all of which the victim would tend to blame themselves, rather than the predator, when things don’t go as planned.

I know many are resistant to the terms “brainwashing” or “coercive persuasion”, but I would encourage you to talk to someone not under the control of TLWF – even a drunk at the local bar (excluding LWF pastors) and tell them you know a teacher that has told you that if you obey him you will never die and you will eventually rule the world with him. Watch their response. You might also mention that this teaching didn’t work for the teacher, because he and his close followers have since died. However, you are convinced his words are still true. That “revelation” came from coercive persuasion, not anything approaching reality. What is called revelation is really deception.

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: September 16, 2018 04:42AM

Hi "that little red flag." Thank you for posting and for your words of comfort. I'm sure many of us know each other and I agree, I feel a kinship and I am amazed and proud of every single person in this group whether he or she has ever posted.

Date: September 16, 2018 07:54AM

kBOY wrote: "Each will have to pursue healing in whatever manner suits them best. The unique characteristics of this forum offer perspectives from fellow participants that are in addition to any help one might pursue from professionals."

I think that's the beauty of this Forum. Healing comes from many different places and in many different ways. I am finally finding myself after being lost for many, many years. During those Walk years, I prided myself on "being in the flow." It was very easy to recognize those poor souls who were not and to judge them accordingly. We were indoctrinated to believe that we were the Kingdom of God and would rule and reign over everyone and everything. I've realized over the years that to some extent that kind of insidious thinking is still a part of me, even though I left the Walk many years ago.

I am no longer interested in Christianity and religion. I got fed up with being judged and preached at a long time ago and can't abide it. I have found help and truth from other sources. Learning to have self-compassion and to love myself has helped me to treat others better. These days I look for ways to be of quiet service to my fellow-man and fellow-women. It's been nice to let go of the harshness and judgment that lived in me.

Date: September 16, 2018 04:31PM

FCSLC:

Your depiction perfectly describes some of the intoxicating doctrine we were downing in the 70's.

One of the few examples to match in the G&M era was the early 90's Shiloh amphitheater kickoff production where a rendition of "I saw Satan fall from Heaven like lightening" was matched by a thunderstorm passing overhead. This of course was years after being told that JRS had singlehandedly taken the old devil down along with his own demise. (Old split-hoof was more resilient than we had realized.)

As euphoric as that moment was, few signs and wonders followed anything done in the G&M era except a growing litany of abuse in an environment that became more controlling and self-serving as time went on.

Wonders definitely ceased as the strength of the Kool-Aid became more and more diluted, the result of an obvious lack of any fulfillment. Our pipe dreams were slowly replaced with an impressive guilt-trip in order to keep the troops in line and guarantee that the $$$ would continue to support that "upward flow".

- - -

ToTellTheTruth:

I too have redirected my efforts in addressing the needs of my brethren, no matter who, where or when they become apparent. The only world we are capable of saving is the one that comes before our face.

I applaud your efforts and all those who lend a hand in whatever manner possible. The salvation efforts we thought we were a part of were pie-in-the-sky with no pie on any plate. I now share my pie with those in need, and no longer with those who have need of nothing except a strong walk-up call regarding the abusive atmosphere they are responsible for.

Pie anyone . . . ?

Date: September 18, 2018 04:04AM

For an example of how effective this forum can be in providing healing resources for people AND in helping to right wrongs, I submit the following:

Here is an example of an instance when former members of a religious group posted on the RR Forum regarding sexual abuse of minors (and adults) by a leader. A reporter was reading the forum and did an article about him. The police picked it up and the abuser (Geronimo Aguilar) is now serving a long prison sentence. Check out the forum thread here:
[forum.culteducation.com].

For more about this criminal case:

[www.star-telegram.com]

[m.nbc12.com]

[www.snapnetwork.org]

[www.wnem.com]

[www.nbc12.com]

Date: September 18, 2018 04:18AM

ONION:

Perhaps it is posts like yours that have got the natives restless and the rats scurrying for higher ground.

Does the U.S. have an extradition treaty with Brazil?

Just sayin . . .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2018 04:19AM by kBOY.

Posted by: Cloudwatcher ()
Date: September 18, 2018 05:26AM

Onion Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> For an example of how effective this forum can be
> in providing healing resources for people AND in
> helping to right wrongs, I submit the following:
>
> Here is an example of an instance when former
> members of a religious group posted on the RR
> Forum regarding sexual abuse of minors (and
> adults) by a leader. A reporter was reading the
> forum and did an article about him. The police
> picked it up and the abuser (Geronimo Aguilar) is
> now serving a long prison sentence.

It's a hot topic these days. Very hot topic. It's good to know justice can be done through anonymous victims by virtue of inquiring minds.

Posted by: Cloudwatcher ()
Date: September 18, 2018 05:28AM

kBOY Wrote:
--------------D-----------------------------------------
> ONION:
>
>
> Perhaps it is posts like yours that have got the
> natives restless and the rats scurrying for higher
> ground.
>
> Does the U.S. have an extradition treaty with
> Brazil?
>
> Just sayin . . .

I had the same question. It think it is difficult except in crimes of murder--maybe sexual molestation--but not white collar crimes so much---so G man would be safe but not RDH Man perhaps. At least that is what I gather from reading online.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2018 05:29AM by Cloudwatcher.

Date: September 18, 2018 05:58AM

The U.S. does, yes, have an extradition treaty with Brazil. In practical reality, the effectiveness of such a treaty depends on many factors including the relationship between the nations, the aggressiveness of the prosecutor and maybe even the patience of the people involved.

Other laws that might be interesting relate to statutes of limitations, avoiding service of process and collecting civil judgments.

A person might hide from service thinking that would foil a lawsuit when in reality there are many ways to get someone served, no matter where they are, especially if they have assets within a jurisdiction. A statute of limitations might be tolled (paused) during a defendant's absence from the State or Federal jurisdiction. Or if service can be achieved by available means such as service by publication if the defendant refuses to participate in a lawsuit a default judgment can be entered and assets taken to satisfy a civil judgment or a criminal verdict that includes fines, penalties, restitution, etc.

There are examples of a criminal defendant hiding out in other countries for YEARS and finally being brought back to the U.S. to answer for rape charges and to stand trial for those charges.

You just never know...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.