Date: September 07, 2018 04:58AM

puddington Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Don’t you love the way the LW leaders will accuse
> anyone who is not being submissive, of being
> “selfish”. What a cheap shot. Whenever I think
> about that word, I’m compelled to salute them with
> my middle finger.

Not submitting to their selfish agenda is a selfish act, from their selfish perspective.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: September 07, 2018 05:01AM

Onion Wrote:
> Is there any practice or policy any more directly
> evidence of mind-control than submission? You
> have to behave as ordered. Eventually you believe
> the order was right. So your behavior is
> drastically altered and your mind eventually
> follows.

I'll get back to you on this. I need to read a few more articles written by Jim Jones apologists before I can give an objective answer.

Posted by: Ohman? ()
Date: September 07, 2018 11:21AM

Ha! What?Rick. Cheating lying? Administrative leave?!! How will the church pay his bills?? Nothing will come of this.

Date: September 07, 2018 11:23AM

You mean his son won't grow up to be a prophet? Poor rick

Date: September 07, 2018 11:37AM

Poor helpless kid. Welcome to our world

Date: September 07, 2018 12:32PM

I have been following this forum for many years, and have also wondered why the Moderator seems to favor/protect Larry Bobo. I view his (Larry Bobo's) posts as preaching the narrow-minded and judgmental views of Christianity. I don't believe that Christianity per se is the answer to those of us who labored in the cult for so long. Larry's posts come across as being judgmental to those of us who don't believe as he does. I would appreciate hearing from others about this subject.

Posted by: LampShmamp ()
Date: September 07, 2018 03:31PM

To Tell The Truth--I haven't posted here in a long time and recently started catching up. I am earnestly opposed to the walk, all of its leadership, everything it stands for, and everything that resembles a cult. My past posts were often met with intense preaching by Larry Bobo, whose message was that I should come back to Jesus since any non-religious person must be deceived by Satan. Then he would quote scripture. Beyond ridiculous. For the life of me I can't understand why Bobo is not sanctioned, especially after kBoy was just called out for his funny little poems. I admit I didn't get that concept either, it seemed like a lot of effort to center a little bit of text for not a lot of payoff, but it was harmless and easily skipped over. Yet this isn't the first time Bobo's incessant preaching has been objected to; one might assume some find it really offensive, particularly those who listened to a lot of preaching for a lot of years. The moderator's recent comments suggest that the preaching and proselytizing we understood to be disallowed on this forum are welcome within some narrow brand of Christianity that the moderator himself embraces. In answer to the question you raise, To Tell The Truth, that's the only way his favoritism of Bobo makes sense.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: September 07, 2018 03:46PM

What is easily missed here is that all ideologies fall short of the truth and can thus be considered cults, Christianity included, no matter what the flavor.

Posted by: Aleutian ()
Date: September 08, 2018 12:42AM

To everyone arguing on this forum:

I personally love kBoys poems. They offer a cathartic, aesthetically pleasing, and simplified poetic release from the trappings of over complicated religion.

I also like reading the searing exposes by people that have taken a more agnostic ¨F all religion¨ stance.

And I also appreciate Larry Bobo´s (albeit slightly preachy) take on just how different TLWF is from most churches in terms of its culture of coercion, groupthink, and general manipulation/subjugation of members. It has tremendous relevance in my opinion.

I still believe in God, but I´m not likely to officially attend any type of church for the rest of my life. The reason I visit this site is for personal healing, not to hear you argue like high schoolers.

Posted by: reveal ()
Date: September 08, 2018 03:29AM

Aleutian, while I agree that arguing such things can, at times, be counterproductive to the purpose of this forum, I also believe it's important to give people the space to express their feelings on such topics in a constructive way. Calling people out in a demeaning way, i.e. referring to them as arguing "like high schoolers" is unnecessary and insensitive, and could potentially prevent someone from feeling the freedom to post at all. I could see that being hurtful to someone who was just trying to express that they have a difficult time with Larry's posts. Whether they are right or wrong, you should be sensitive to the fact that some people are very triggered by his type of commentary BECAUSE of the abuse they suffered at the hands of a "Christian" organization. We don't want people to feel shut down from expressing that if they need to. Maybe you could view it not as arguing, but as discussion/trying to understand another's point of view. This should be a place where people can be open about how they feel without fear of being put down. Perhaps not everyone has expressed themselves in a constructive manner but there is a way to kindly suggest another approach, rather than putting them down.

Aleutian Wrote:
> To everyone arguing on this forum:
>
> I personally love kBoys poems. They offer a
> cathartic, aesthetically pleasing, and simplified
> poetic release from the trappings of over
> complicated religion.
>
> I also like reading the searing exposes by people
> that have taken a more agnostic ¨F all religion¨
> stance.
>
> And I also appreciate Larry Bobo´s (albeit
> slightly preachy) take on just how different TLWF
> is from most churches in terms of its culture of
> coercion, groupthink, and general
> manipulation/subjugation of members. It has
> tremendous relevance in my opinion.
>
> I still believe in God, but I´m not likely to
> o officially attend any type of church for the
> rest of my life. The reason I visit this site is
> for personal healing, not to hear you argue like
> high schoolers.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.