Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Onion ()
Date: August 07, 2018 03:56AM

Larry Cotton was indeed included with G&M as a leadership role after JRS died. But Marilyn was onto Gary immediately and there were rumors it started long before JRS died. I have no information on that.

But I know about the little core of four from after JRS' death because I was one of them. Marilyn never approached Larry for herself but she did her best to throw him together with me. I think it was around that time that he started seeing his current (?) wife Donna and he was smitten with her from day one.

My husband (Dan Luebberws) was shut out (yes we were married at the time of all of this stuff with Cotton) and eventually exhiled by some bullshit plan G&M had regarding what Dan knew from being JRS' close confidant concerning all things to do with various topics like guns, the value of precious metals, etc. I'm sure they wanted to shut up anyone who had prior knowledge of that stuff. Dan was a good man and didn't deserve the treatment he got from G&M.

I should add - my inclusion in this tight knit "team" was very short lived. I never wanted to be in a position or lead anyone anywhere so very quickly I was sent back to cleaning the shower, etc.

Larry and I were good friends and I would call him friend today. He got into some weird stuff with the healing hands ministry in Simi Valley - or so I've been told - but he was always a righteous man when I knew him. When he lived in Iowa he became my dad's best friend and it was hilarious. For the first time in his life, my bigoted retired cop dad learned that if anything relationships are enhanced by including variour skin colors. My dad always planted a big row of greens for Larry in his Iowa garden. They were pals.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: NancyB ()
Date: August 07, 2018 06:46AM

Onion, what you wrote was just beautiful for lack of better words on my part.
you confirmed what I had suspected.
it is disgusting to think that those child or vulnerable persons abuse protection laws were so misguided to cover -up rather than to keep children safe.

We as parents all learn as we go. Even the best of the best parents can make mistakes or need support to in various stressful circumstances. It is not a sin to ask for help.
When I was very ill and stayed at Shiloh in the late 70's there were preventable accidents in the nursery. There were infection control issues there that the other RN s were concerned about. I was a budding expert on child growth and development and one of the top few experts on day cares safety regulations in Washington county at the time. I bought up issues with JRS so he told em to write his a paper and list of how to improve with child care. I did.

A bit off subject...sort of.

JRS did NOT like what i wrote. I knew the state could shut them down. I could not back down on what i wrote as areas where i could teach the child care providers. Not pointing fingers at any one. The problems I identifies remained similar in 5 other counties I later did pre-inspections for before the state inspections. they were common problems that could be fixed. But, no JRS tole me I was angry, bitter... you can guess.
I have no idea why he was so adamant about infection control nor acknowledging developmental stages of growth.

Babies do not fall off a changing table because of the devil. Tots don't wet their pants because of rebellion .. That is just plain stupid. Spiritual awareness and have nothing to do with ignorance on safety...yet, that seemed to be the kind of idiotic mentality he wanted promoted in the walk.

My mother t one time was very beautiful. Men in town wanted her and so did JRS. JRS wanted my sisters out there at Blicks. My mom really had issues, but she was a smart cookie. she had been a WAC in WWII. She was no dummy and rejected the man. Fora small town gal she knew how handle an inappropriate man. I can't explain but as a tween/ teen I knew it. That rejection on him hitting on my mother caused jealousy among some of the local women.
This them really branded my mother who saw and things by accident she was not privey to. She did not have a very nice way about her so it made it easy to target her to discredit her and shut her up.

The treat for me was the prophesy to behave my self or god would turn me into be just like my mother ( I hated her abusive ways- another story. But that was the control over me to not be like my mother.)

The "prophesies" for everyone was a joke behind the scenes. Every thing was recorded then transcribed. So the leaders had decades of "evidence" they could use to control people. The prophesies were made up. Not words from god at all. i suppose some of the older and wise elders gave good advice.

IF those transcribed ministries were ever raided for what ever reason..oh my! I shudder to think of all the possibilites, but apparently the bro knew.
Now Onion has confirmed my suspicions and it is all related to mandatory reporting they wanted exemption from.
it all makes sense to me now. Thanks Onion. We all seemed to be providing so many puzzle pieces.

One thing that some of the cults don't have in the top legal minds that were reeled into the walk. That sob deliberately manipulated the law as he could to white wash, money launder, drug deal, cover for abuse because of the legal minds in the walk. Not to say not all lawyers were bad people. Just a few top mind who got duped into getting their client jrs off..he must have paid them well.. Any one know if this conjecture is a fact or not?

Posted by: GoingRogue ()
Date: August 07, 2018 09:35AM

Onion Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mandatory Reporters include every level
> imageineable of school employees.
>
> In 1963 mental health professionals became
> mandated reporters and that was all. As the years
> went by, the law was amended MANY times to include
> every other type of professional that might come
> into knowledge of, or reasonably suspecr, child
> abuse. INCLUDING THE CLERGY.
>
> I am not sure when Clergy were added to the list
> of mandated reporters but I DO remember the
> reaction of the walk church leaders (specifically
> G&M). I estimate it was in the late 80's or early
> 90's because I was still working in legal stuff
> with Dan Statton.
>
> Gary wanted to know if the walk ministries could
> avoid this requirement under the clergy-penitent
> privilege exercised by the Catholic church to
> protect them from having to communicate what was
> heard in the confessional. I believe G&M had
> gotten some legal input that yes, the church
> ministries would be protected from having to
> report what was learned in the form of a
> confession.
>
> But I did some research and I don't think that
> argument would ever hold up for the walk
> ministries because the methods and confidentiality
> were so helter skelter. The requirements under
> the clergy-penitent privilege are very tight and
> very strict.
>
> The walk churches response to this issue was to
> officially/formally ordain everyone they could
> think of so that those people could claim
> privilege and not be "confused" about what they
> might have heard or about their responsibility to
> report various issues to the authorities.
>
> This was very confusing to me back then although,
> sadly, I think I have a better understanding now
> for what the motivation was at that time. Now I'm
> not confused, just deeply disgusted.
>
> I have a pamphlet that describes California's
> mandatory reporting laws. This pamphlet is from
> 2013 so the law may have been amended since then
> but I believe every time the law is amended it is
> done for the purpose of making the requirement
> more strict and far reaching. It is too large to
> attach here but I will see if I can shorten it
> down so I can share it on this forum.
>
> I wonder what the policy is in the COL school.

I have to say that this new revelation is shocking and digusting. Mandatory reporting is for reporting various kinds of abuse of children and others. I'm having a hard time understanding the purpose of not wanting to report known abusers.

Possibly they wanted abusers to confess. The information could then be used to control those people? Or they would have had to report too many pastors and apostles? Or it could have made the church look bad in some way? I'm at a loss.

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: August 07, 2018 10:04AM

GR, I think it is your last reason listed. Abusers are hidden. Victims are silenced. And the abuse is swept under the rug. Because they don’t want the church to look bad.

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: August 07, 2018 12:08PM

NancyB - I was one of the church lawyers for a while and trust me, they did not pay well. Dan Statton was paid as a ministry so that may have been pretty good. Lisa Runquist was paid for her (and my) work on the lawsuit brought after JRS' death. I don't think she is paid much for her regular corporate work but her big payoff is getting some glory, sitting up front by G&M, having an opportunity to know a lot of stuff and give input. She specializes in nonprofit corporate law (which is not a huge or difficult area of law) so why she ever chimed in on other subjects was always a mystery to me.

Rogue & Puddington -- Yes the "keep up appearances" for the church (and its financial bottom line) was of paramount importance concerning the reporting issue -- BUT I ALSO BELIEVE - they were too afraid of who they would have to report from their own ranks and their own families. I know very little of the details but I know enough to know their bottom line was ALWAYS covering their own asses and the asses of their children. There should be a better word to use than disgusting. Heinous. Venomous. Filthy. All of the above.

Date: August 07, 2018 12:52PM

Hi Puddington,
I believe you nailed it.

often time abusers do not realize they abuse. That pattern of behavior may be all they had known themselves. Of course they will not seek help but make excuses and justify their action, "YOU made me do it." to the victims.

Victims are silent.they may feel they were all at fault. the idea planted by the abuser.
I have pointed out before about the #metoo movement. Even as a long timer abuse survivor I question WHY no one spoke up at the time. I feel like some women are wrongfully riding the wave for a new found fame.

I pray for wisdom/ discernment as the depths of the fraud and abuse is exposed. We have to take necessary precautions to avoid frauds riding the #metoo wave the walk do not blow it for the rest of us by seeking self fame with not truths. or to cast dispersion s on our claims.

In general the abuser instills fear; fear of loosing a job, fear of loosing reputation; fear of rejection.. Fear of no one loving them. Shame that is unbearable. then victims think they are alone with no where to go. No one to believe them that is where most of us in this group had been for years. the Catholic church is a huge example of that .. like.. forever that was acceptable. to leave Catholicism was a sure fire ticket to hell. The walk is not that different from any other clergy "privileged position. Disgustingly being a a "man of the cloth" is the perfect cover for all kinds of abuse.

What scriptures says, 'Not every one who cries Lord Lord will enter into the kingdom of heaven." when I memorized that verse at age 10 I thought it meant me. That I might sin and not get into heaven.

Now seeing more clearly I realize that "not taking the lords name in vain" may not have been the swearing issue either. I think the verses could mean wolves in sheep clothing who use all the right words to profess the love of god in the name of Jesus with hand on the Bible or First Principals could be liars mis-using the word of god to take advantage of the flock.

of course the Bro want to white wash so they don't get caught and go to prison. Those who think they are so high and mighty may be so mentally sick that they feel their "godliness is above the law."

Jesus said " obey the laws of the land." He never told the disciples "to pick and chose the laws because they had the 'leading of the lord,'" did He?

Our leaders not only took the lords name in vein, literally, because " they weren't under the law," did we hear that statement all too often? Their actions were not consistent with the mainstream accepted version of the old testament nor the New.

But they cried "Lord Lord" and never meant it to cry out to god of the Abraham. They cried lord, lord to exalt themselves at the flocks expense because so many were abusers or they tried to survive abuse themselves by being an obedient minion of a fake jesus or queen of heaven.

Why would we expect them to confess of crimes against the people? to squeal to the law enforcement would be to reveal their own part of neglect. they would have to testify against themselves for being negligent of their legal responsibility. too many "ordained by god" knew too much and they got stuck in way too deep in what the law deem to be a felony.
I debated whether to copy and paste all of legal post on felony child abuse. I am only going to give a link to a very enlightening post that is extremely relevant to the above discuss on why m & G tried to put so many into position of 'clergy' or study hall monitor or what ever the counters are to try to avoid the law of people being mandatory reporters.
I hope you read this link and I'd love your feedback on whether my thoughts seems to fit the bill . Please note the act of " omission".
[criminal-law.freeadvice.com]

Posted by: Tmason ()
Date: August 07, 2018 08:46PM

Onion Wrote:
> Mandatory Reporters include every level
> imageineable of school employees.
>
> In 1963 mental health professionals became
> mandated reporters and that was all. As the years
> went by, the law was amended MANY times to include
> every other type of professional that might come
> into knowledge of, or reasonably suspecr, child
> abuse. INCLUDING THE CLERGY.
>
> I am not sure when Clergy were added to the list
> of mandated reporters but I DO remember the
> reaction of the walk church leaders (specifically
> G&M). I estimate it was in the late 80's or early
> 90's because I was still working in legal stuff
> with Dan Statton.
>
> Gary wanted to know if the walk ministries could
> avoid this requirement under the clergy-penitent
> privilege exercised by the Catholic church to
> protect them from having to communicate what was
> heard in the confessional. I believe G&M had
> gotten some legal input that yes, the church
> ministries would be protected from having to
> report what was learned in the form of a
> confession.
>
> But I did some research and I don't think that
> argument would ever hold up for the walk
> ministries because the methods and confidentiality
> were so helter skelter. The requirements under
> the clergy-penitent privilege are very tight and
> very strict.
>
> The walk churches response to this issue was to
> officially/formally ordain everyone they could
> think of so that those people could claim
> privilege and not be "confused" about what they
> might have heard or about their responsibility to
> report various issues to the authorities.
>
> This was very confusing to me back then although,
> sadly, I think I have a better understanding now
> for what the motivation was at that time. Now I'm
> not confused, just deeply disgusted.
>
> I have a pamphlet that describes California's
> mandatory reporting laws. This pamphlet is from
> 2013 so the law may have been amended since then
> but I believe every time the law is amended it is
> done for the purpose of making the requirement
> more strict and far reaching. It is too large to
> attach here but I will see if I can shorten it
> down so I can share it on this forum.
>
> I wonder what the policy is in the COL school.
>
> NancyB - Thank you for your kind mention. I will
> add to what you wrote, JRS had a LOT of affairs
> for a very long time with many women. He knew how
> to reel them in with all his spiritual mumbo jumbo
> but I agree that M took advantage of everything
> and anything and anyone from her sacred position.

Dan Statton was a class act. I really loved that guy.

Posted by: Tmason ()
Date: August 07, 2018 09:57PM

Onion Wrote:
> Larry Cotton was indeed included with G&M as a
> leadership role after JRS died. But Marilyn was
> onto Gary immediately and there were rumors it
> started long before JRS died. I have no
> information on that.
>
> But I know about the little core of four from
> after JRS' death because I was one of them.
> Marilyn never approached Larry for herself but she
> did her best to throw him together with me. I
> think it was around that time that he started
> seeing his current (?) wife Donna and he was
> smitten with her from day one.
>
> My husband (Dan Luebberws) was shut out (yes we
> were married at the time of all of this stuff with
> Cotton) and eventually exhiled by some bullshit
> plan G&M had regarding what Dan knew from being
> JRS' close confidant concerning all things to do
> with various topics like guns, the value of
> precious metals, etc. I'm sure they wanted to
> shut up anyone who had prior knowledge of that
> stuff. Dan was a good man and didn't deserve the
> treatment he got from G&M.
>
> I should add - my inclusion in this tight knit
> "team" was very short lived. I never wanted to be
> in a position or lead anyone anywhere so very
> quickly I was sent back to cleaning the shower,
> etc.
>
> Larry and I were good friends and I would call him
> friend today. He got into some weird stuff with
> the healing hands ministry in Simi Valley - or so
> I've been told - but he was always a righteous man
> when I knew him. When he lived in Iowa he became
> my dad's best friend and it was hilarious. For
> the first time in his life, my bigoted retired cop
> dad learned that if anything relationships are
> enhanced by including variour skin colors. My dad
> always planted a big row of greens for Larry in
> his Iowa garden. They were pals.

Onion, any contact with Larrys children?

Posted by: light777 ()
Date: August 08, 2018 03:27AM

Reading through the latest threads has been all of the below and more:

* Detestable
* Awful
* Horrific
* Outrageous
* Revolting
* Disgusting
* Nauseating
* Heinous
* Infuriating
* And... everything else in-between!!!

Allow me to embellish from my perspective.

As I shared on a previous message, I was forced into this cult! I saw a lot! However, I trusted my Mother and I complied; eventually believing this BS, to the point that I uprooted my life and moved to the "inner camp" to be close to TLW and very much a part of TLW and G&M, along with their family.

In the beginning, after I moved to LA, I would often call my Mother to share some of the "inner Living Word behaviors"; by those in "high" positions. At this point, I would just share what I saw with my own eyes, and heard with my own ears.

Mother would tell me to pray for these great men of God because they are battled greatly. I thought to myself, this is weird... this can't be God... How could my Mother be so ignorant, or blinded, but maybe she was correct, perhaps I am being "disobedient"!!!!!! Ugggggghhhhhh... I should have trusted my gut!

I was afraid that if I left, I would be punished, thus losing my place in the "Kingdom"... as a SON!!!! As a CHOSEN ONE... One of the ELITE!!!

As time progressed, I became friends with others that were not only in G&M's inner circle, but was even more so in JRS's inner circle. It was a particular couple that further enlightened me on the following:

* Affairs of JRS... One of JRS's iligitamge sons.

* Marilyn and Gary's relationship, how they spent weeks on end alone in Las Vegas after John died.

* The details / scandal of Ricks affairs / wives

* Other TLW affairs / divorces

* The preferential treatment of those close to G&M and those that were ousted by G&M... God forbid we utter their name!

* I learned of all those that were getting ordained, that had nothing to do with ministry, but took advantage of the benefits!

Then there were the labors of "LOVE". The time spent serving the "elite", with ZERO compensation. And I guess that would have been okay, UNTIL, you did not show up to fulfill your charity "FREE" work... Then the wrath of the Powers to be would fall upon your head. The guilt and shame that they bestowed upon my head was too much... so I slithered back in, tail between my legs to continue to serve "Gods chosen elite"!

My reward??? Perhaps it was that I got to be in G&M's circle. I did not have to stand in the cattle line to talk to them, I could walk right by everyone to the front... I occasionally got to sit near them... I was included in family events... I was a part of their elite group. AND, now, today, what did any of this have to do with God?

I used to have a very good friend at TLW who was tormented daily by the evilness and wrongdoings of the TLW. Her children are knee deep in and her husband is so far up Rick's back-end! She played the game and continues to play the game because if she left, as she stated, she would lose her entire family. And there are so many more like this.

Of course I am just skimming the surface here, however I believe it is important for those of us to come forward and share our experiences. For me it helps to validate what I myself witnessed / experienced. And most importantly, I hope that our words will help others.

May our Heavenly Father Bless all of us that we continue our journey and healing process with the best of integrity and honesty.

Love & Light!

P.S. Onion... I know you! You were always one of my favorites! XOXO

Date: August 08, 2018 09:21AM

Onion, I stand some what corrected.

You aren't my old JR High buddy are you?

I kind of figured they hired the big guns. A big lawyer in CA that defended some well known was I think a buddy of JRS years ago. My guesses were off- the cheap skates.

So you know far more about the law than I do. WOW! I rally think we the people need to know that the Big Bro version of the law is twisted to keep the sheep under control with fear.

Thank you for sharing

I research a lot. (Been doing a lot on renters rights a civil rights of disabled renters in CO.-off subject- except to say, "don't ever hurt one of my children or I will come after you legally kind of mamma.)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.