Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: GoingRogue ()
Date: July 28, 2018 12:07AM

Ten warning signs regarding people involved in/with a potentially unsafe group/leader.

Extreme obsessiveness regarding the group/leader resulting in the exclusion of almost every practical consideration.

Individual identity, the group, the leader and/or God as distinct and separate categories of existence become increasingly blurred. Instead, in the follower's mind these identities become substantially and increasingly fused--as that person's involvement with the group/leader continues and deepens.

Whenever the group/leader is criticized or questioned it is characterized as "persecution".

Uncharacteristically stilted and seemingly programmed conversation and mannerisms, cloning of the group/leader in personal behavior.

Dependency upon the group/leader for problem solving, solutions, and definitions without meaningful reflective thought. A seeming inability to think independently or analyze situations without group/leader involvement.

Hyperactivity centered on the group/leader agenda, which seems to supercede any personal goals or individual interests.

A dramatic loss of spontaneity and sense of humor.Increasing isolation from family and old friends unless they demonstrate an interest in the group/leader.

Anything the group/leader does can be justified no matter how harsh or harmful.

Former followers are at best-considered negative or worse evil and under bad influences. They can not be trusted and personal contact is avoided.

[culteducation.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Onion ()
Date: July 28, 2018 12:53AM

This sounds as if the writer was specifically referring to TLWF/JRS.

Wow

Posted by: GoingRogue ()
Date: July 28, 2018 02:08AM

Onion Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This sounds as if the writer was specifically
> referring to TLWF/JRS.
>
> Wow

I know, right? Narcissitic Personality Disorder in all its glory.

Posted by: NickleandDimed ()
Date: July 29, 2018 04:56PM

According to my sources. Gary's saying some of the couples. Whose family members. Post on the Cult Institute Message Board. Are asking to be sent to Brazil. He said KS almost had a nervous breakdown. When she read what her mom has been posting. Gary said the Cult Institute attorney poster. Who said the LW attorney is incompetent. Gary said. That poster was disbarred. From practicing law. For incompetence. And ripping off eight clients.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: July 29, 2018 10:32PM

Nickel,
Are you now writing on behalf on TLWF?
If people are having breakdowns within the fellowship, based on what is written here by family members...perhaps because it's because the truth of how they have been used and abused within TLWF is being exposed by those who actually about them, and it is devastating to face.
As far as Gary's credibility goes, I recall recently you wrote something to the effect that he had received a letter from a former member of the South Gate church who left the fellowship in the 90's...joined the church of Satan...and was casting spells and curses toward South Gate members for not treating his wife respectfully. He then had an epiphany while shopping in Costco, and repented of his ways--allegedly sending that letter to Gary. Something laughably absurd as that.
Anyway, I would not take anything Gary feeds you as gospel. He has an agenda to protect his assets...which I suspect are pretty substantial about now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2018 10:49PM by changedagain.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: July 30, 2018 12:42AM

NickleandDimed:

Gary Scarff had a troubled history of lying and misleading people. Whatever he said must be carefully researched and confirmed by objective outside sources and/or reliable documentation.

See [tonyortega.org]

Scarff died last year and was a mixed bag at best.

I don't know what you mean by "Cult Institute attorney poster." There is no attorney posting here on behalf of the Cult Education Institute.

Please be more careful what you post here.

Date: July 30, 2018 01:54AM

Moderator,
Nickle is presumably referring to Gary Hargrave, leader of The Living Word Fellowship and Hargrave Family ministries. Apparently he is in contact with him. I don't know who he is referring to as the 'Cult Institute attorney poster.' That reference is baffling.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2018 01:56AM by changedagain.

Date: July 30, 2018 02:40AM

edit:
If people are having breakdowns within the fellowship, based on what is written here by family members...perhaps because it's because the truth of how they have been used and abused within TLWF is being exposed by those who actually care about them, and it is devastating to face.

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: July 30, 2018 03:18AM

NickleandDimed - If you have something to say about me or to me, please do so directly instead of quoting someone else with grossly exaggerated information. You obviously know who I am. Please have the courage to communicate with me directly instead of behind a fake identity.

Date: July 30, 2018 08:59AM

NickleandDimed Wrote:

> Don't shoot the messenger.

?
From what I recall, there has never been anyone who has consistently commented in this forum who has mentioned resorting to violence--for ANY reason. The emphasis has always been getting at the truth via open discussion...a messy process. Within the ranks of TLWF leadership, of course, the thinking may be different :)
Don't shoot the truth teller!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2018 09:09AM by changedagain.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.