Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: kd87 ()
Date: June 16, 2018 04:46PM

Did any university ever give him an honorary doctorate? Hard to imagine the commencement speech.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: puddington ()
Date: June 16, 2018 09:28PM

I read somewhere that JRS’s PhD comes from some mail-order, unaccredited Bible school.

Meanwhile, at Shiloh U, Gary Hargrave awards himself an honorary PhD. Rather unethical.

[www.shilohuniversity.edu]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2018 09:31PM by puddington.

Posted by: GoingRogue ()
Date: June 16, 2018 09:45PM

Yes, very unethical. Here is more proof that JRS did, in fact, use the PhD title in the early days.

Another link to the Ethel Waters vinyl. Click on "More Images" to view the back of the album where "Dr." John Robert Stevens wrote the program notes and to get a better view of the logo.
[www.discogs.com]

Here's a link to find out more about Paul Mickelson, especially the following quote:

In 1957, he said goodbye to the Billy Graham Ministries and focused on his last album for RCA: "The Music Of Paul Mickelson: Orchestra With Singing Strings". In 1958, he became vice-president and music director at Word Records, where he orchestrated albums for many Christian artists in addition to producing several instrumental albums of his own.
[christmasyuleblog.blogspot.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2018 10:09PM by GoingRogue.

Posted by: GSchaeff ()
Date: June 17, 2018 01:53AM

Unfortunately, it seems the webarchive.org link did not capture all of the forums at factnet.org. It looks like it only went as far as capturing the main topic page but none of the actual 'threads.' I could have sworn I was able to access it all yesterday, I remember seeing ChangedAgain's avatar on one of the pages, but today I cannot access any of the threads.

I'll keep trying. I've emailed the creator of Factnet.org, Lawrence Wollersheim, to see if he has an archive. Unfortunately, there seems to have been a falling out between the co-creators of factnet over the high cost of keeping the site safe and secure from hackers, and we may have lost that data for good.

I've got maybe 25% of the archive in .doc files, PM me if anyone wants them and I'll email them to you.

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: June 17, 2018 11:23PM

I would love a copy of your doc files.

Posted by: GoingRogue ()
Date: June 20, 2018 07:25AM

Been reading the old Factnet .doc files. Good stuff. Some things are heart-wrenching, as you hear similar stories over and over. :(

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: June 20, 2018 10:42PM

Did you find the posts from Gary’s daughter, Dawn? They will break your heart. What a poor example of a father. It says a lot about the “apostolic fathering ministry”.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: June 21, 2018 01:21AM

puddington Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Did you find the posts from Gary’s daughter, Dawn?
> They will break your heart. What a poor example
> of a father. It says a lot about the “apostolic
> fathering ministry”.

As I mentioned, he told a group of shepherds that he did not have a daughter. Whether it meant he didn't think she was his biological child, or just wasn't his spiritual offspring, I have no idea. And I knew enough not to ask--lest I get blasted by the man of god and his acolytes.
The good news was attending that conference solidified my resolve to leave. It took me another 9 months or so to muster the gumption, but I did it...and the family agreed to leave as a unit. That was fortunate. It's obvious after reading the comments on this forum, and on Factnet, so many families were ripped apart over the issue of whether or not to be involved in TLWF...such a sordid legacy for the organization.

Posted by: NickleandDimed ()
Date: June 21, 2018 02:14AM

I received the email message below. From a friend.

"After the South Gate church closed, Gary showed me a letter from someone who joined the Church of Satan. His wife had been gossiped about and shunned by the congregation. Last year I saw him at Costco. He told me he formed a coven that put spells and curses on the South Gate congregation who attended Grace Chapel during 1990's. I did some soul searching after that. I knew I wasn't a victim. I made a mistake and chose a false church. I take full responsibility. I was a co-abuser with Marilyn and Gary. I was a "somebody" and I wasn't just following orders. I took pride in removing bad apples. I was part of that system that enabled harm. I don't want to abdicate responsibility for anyway in which I hurt other people like those I hardened myself against and refused sympathy even after I saw them emotionally abused by a pastor, elder, Gary and Marilyn or the congregation. I don't take seriously the brainwashing or mind control theories. I recommend that you read Misunderstanding Cults: Searching for Objectivity in a Controversial Field (2001). It's edited by Benjamin Zablocki and Thomas Robbins. Zablocki admits his brainwashing theory is not testable."

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: June 21, 2018 03:29AM

<I take full responsibility. I was a co-abuser with Marilyn and Gary.>

Sounds like a bad guy. Glad he is taking responsibility for his actions. G & M certainly had their executioners, and knew how to put them to use. Wow, what a story.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.