Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 04, 2018 12:38AM

To whom it may concern,

This thread has been up and running for a long time and it has helped many people.

Trolling is against the rules of this board and trolls will be banned.

Anyone who is trying to cause arguments and agitate on this thread is a troll and attempting to troll this thread.

If you are constantly arguing with people on this thread maybe it's time to move on. This thread is not a place to constantly argue with others posting here.

Again, the purpose of this thread to discuss the Living Word Fellowship and John Robert Stevens.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SouthGate ()
Date: June 04, 2018 01:54AM

Personally I would rather have you just come out and say if it's me you are talking about. Too many smoke and mirrors and innuendos at TLWF that left many wondering, is it I. It might hurt my feelings to begin with, but I'll get over it, and keep reading the posts that others make. God knows many couldn't speak their mind or tell how they felt about certain things without consequences, so why would this place be any different.

Posted by: seventies walker ()
Date: June 04, 2018 07:09AM

X-File Christian........the truth is out there..... that’s me.

Date: June 04, 2018 07:32AM

One thing I want to clarify. When I said those things about the bible and other groups, if you find comfort in doing those things, I'm not bashing anyone for it. Just giving my opinion about things, which isn't to contradict of condemn anyone. Just my 2 cents worth, if it's even worth that much. :)

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: June 04, 2018 06:17PM

* * * F E A T * * *

This forum should allow us to have our feet in two different worlds; the one we left and the one we are currently in. We should find encouragement in the fact that we did take a step out of a confusing past and into a day with more clarity. That is no small feat.

Should we require a reminder, please refer to the following illustration:

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: June 04, 2018 11:00PM

Happy June 4th everybody. Whatever this day means to you. Certainly a significant day in the history of this cult.

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: June 05, 2018 01:26AM

GSchaeff wrote in part on June 01, 2018 11:05PM:

Sometime in the 90's I developed a habit of reciting "to be a Christian" to myself at night until I had it down like a devotional. I still lie in bed telling myself going at this life alone, without the covering of a Shepherd, is "vain-striving, defeated ambition, and misdirected effort.”

There is so much even in "to be a Christian" alone that is meant to beat you down and make you feel hopeless as an individual. Through impossible goals of devotion like that, JRS manufactured feelings of personal inadequacy and insecurity. He called it "personal," professionals call it "abuse."
---------

Subverting yourself is not natural. Loving yourself is a celebration of all the positives endowed within yourself by divine design (Genesis 1:27-30).

June 4th is strange.

July 4th is the one I celebrate.

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: June 05, 2018 04:15AM

This is an interesting read. A master’s thesis about ex- members who were raised in a cult, then exited after they became adults. It discusses the challenges of that transition.

[csuchico-dspace.calstate.edu]

Date: June 05, 2018 07:30AM

puddington Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Happy June 4th everybody. Whatever this day means
> to you. Certainly a significant day in the
> history of this cult.

The only thing that day means to me is that I'm an idiot. There is not one other person that I have known where I remember when they died. I actually didn't remember it today, until now, but I did think about it the other day. It is fing bullcrap to remember that day (please excuse my language).

Date: June 05, 2018 07:40AM

kBOY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
* * * F E A T * * *

>
> This forum should allow us to have our feet in two
> different worlds; the one we left and the one we
> are currently in. We should find encouragement in
> the fact that we did take a step out of a
> confusing past and into a day with more clarity.
> That is no small feat.
>
> Should we require a reminder, please refer to the
> following illustration:
>
> [www.youtube.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.