> The frosted mugs, yes! Or if you made the
> pilgrimage to Shiloh for SOP it was the golf carts
> you were allowed to drive. I don't know where
> they got those, but I can remember a few that got
> busted up in the woods during the amphitheater
> party. Only VIPs were invited there too. There was
> never enough beer, wings, and fireworks for all of
> the locals.

God's prophets are a rowdy bunch. I don't think this age can handle such extreme freedom.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: GSchaeff ()
Date: May 31, 2018 12:39AM

It's come to my attention that a would-be posters on here may be avoiding it for fear that their IP address could be traced on this site. I posted the advice Rick Ross gave a few weeks ago, where he referenced the case precedent with Landmark Education Vs. The Rick Ross Cult Education Institute. Ross and his lawyers successfully protected the anonymity of their posters against a group formerly well-known as EST. Here's the litigation: [culteducation.com]

If you'd like a second layer of protection, I recommend using a VPN. Norton and Cyberghost make it very easy to mask your identity. Most VPNs cost less than an egg mcmuffin. Once you download them, they'll do all the work for you. It runs in the background and gives you a giant green light saying whether you're protected or not.

It's that simple. If you're like me and were on the fence since the 90s about posting, it's a great way to cover your behind while talking about things we were conditioned to toss into the memory hole.

Also, a few people have sent me a Private Message (PM) and I've tried to summarize what they want to say the best I could. Hope that helps.

Posted by: GoingRogue ()
Date: May 31, 2018 10:51AM

NickleandDimed Wrote:

> JezTheBelle, I wasn't in the forum. When you
> posted. Your comments sound familiar to me. Maybe
> I knew you. I think you were marginalized. By some
> of the elite posters. And stopped posting. I would
> like to hear. The rest of your story. If you want
> to post again. I will support you.

NickleandDimed, I looked back at when JezTheBelle posted in 2015. Everyone seemed very nice and welcoming. Not sure who the elite posters would be. I thought we were here to talk about The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens and G&M. I truly hope that you are not trying to turn people who post here against each other. I think that we are all on the same side.

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: May 31, 2018 11:34AM

I agree. It doesn’t look like she was “marginalized” at all. She said she would only post a few times then leave. And that’s what she did. There were several on-going threads going on at the same time, but it doesn’t appear that anyone was trying to suppress her.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: May 31, 2018 10:11PM

puddington Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I agree. It doesn’t look like she was
> “marginalized” at all. She said she would only
> post a few times then leave. And that’s what she
> did. There were several on-going threads going on
> at the same time, but it doesn’t appear that
> anyone was trying to suppress her.

I welcomed her, which is unusual, since as many of you know, I tend to be extremely snobby and dismissive.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: June 01, 2018 09:56AM

I'm trying to catch up but only got as far as posts from 3 weeks ago. NickleandDimed don't feel bad about changedagain's sarcastic comments. I was only on the message board 2 months when I commented on a post by changedagain that he didn't have big breasts. I jokingly said there are plastic surgeons who can help you with that. Changed replied with his signature "ha" and credited his buddy paleface with my joke. (You can read about it on pages 79-80.) I don't know what I did to deserve that. Oh well.

Regarding vomit. Larry Bobo and JHorton, I think a case can be made based on the Scriptures to investigate, question and publically rebuke false teachers and their immorality. See link "Christians Criticizing Christians: Can It Be Biblical?"

[www.iclnet.org]

Date: June 01, 2018 10:18AM

lily rose Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm trying to catch up but only got as far as
> posts from 3 weeks ago. NickleandDimed don't feel
> bad about changedagain's sarcastic comments. I was
> only on the message board 2 months when I
> commented on a post by changedagain that he didn't
> have big breasts. I jokingly said there are
> plastic surgeons who can help you with that.
> Changed replied with his signature "ha" and
> credited his buddy paleface with my joke. (You can
> read about it on pages 79-80.) I don't know what I
> did to deserve that. Oh well.

Sorry about that. Another indication that I am a callous monster.

Date: June 01, 2018 10:36AM

O.K.--I read the exchange.
I should have credited you with the joke. Mea culpa.

Posted by: GoingRogue ()
Date: June 01, 2018 10:41AM

I don't quite understand why NickleandDimed and Lily Rose keep quoting old posts and bludgeoning fellow ex-pats with them. I don't think that the purpose of this forum is to fight with each other. Can we please stick to the stated rules?

Vitriolic posts that personally attack people, will not be tolerated and are grounds for banning the author from this message board.

Any person that is here to cause trouble, start arguments and/or intimidate people, will be banned.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2018 11:09AM by GoingRogue.

Posted by: NickleandDimed ()
Date: June 01, 2018 11:38AM

GoingRougue are your Reepicheep? Your posts sure sound like her.
I suggest you report me to the moderator. I don't mind the correction if in fact your accusations are accurate. Please report me. I want an objective opinion. IMO opinion much of the sarcasm directed at posters and me has been hurtful. I would like to see it stop now.

This is from a psychology article.

So first of all, why are people sarcastic in the first place? Well there are several reasons that someone might be sarcastic and the nature of their sarcasm and how best to deal with it will often depend on the form of sarcasm they are using against you. The question you have to ask yourself is – is this passive sarcasm designed to be humorous that has the unintentional impact of upsetting you? Or is it aggressive sarcasm that is designed intentionally to be belittling and hurtful? Once you ascertain this, you can then better decide how to progress.

If the sarcasm is designed first of all as humor then you will notice that the individual is persistently sarcastic – about themselves and about other things rather than just directing it toward you. In this case you still need to deal with the sarcasm if it is hurting you, but you can do so in a more pleasant manner and should recognize that the person probably isn’t even aware they are being hurtful. At the end of the day though they are still getting a laugh at your expense so you need to correct the behavior.

However if the sarcasm seems to be particularly directed toward you, and if it mostly consists of mimicking you in an unpleasant manner, then this is the sort of sarcasm that that person is using more maliciously. This form of sarcasm is normally used as a way for that person to try and improve their own standing and reputation by putting you down. They might then use sarcasm with the intention of making you look foolish and through doing this they then hope to make themselves look more intelligent and move further up the hierarchy. Such people tend to have low self esteem and so require the use of put downs such as sarcasm in order to try and make themselves feel or look better. These people are like leaches on your self esteem and it’s important not to let the problem get to you.

How to Deal With Sarcasm

If someone is using sarcasm scathingly and if they are damaging your self esteem or reputation, or taking the enjoyment out of social occasions – then you need to address the issue and get them to stop. If someone thinks they can keep trying to belittle you by using sarcasm then you need to show them that they are wrong and look after your reputation without letting them walk on it. There are a few ways that you can deal with sarcasm and different strategies will work better in different circumstances and with different people. Here we will look at some potential options.

Don’t Acknowledge It: One option is to refuse to acknowledge the sarcastic comments and instead treat them as genuine. This way you can quickly move the subject on, show the person that you are unhappy with their comments, and at the same time often turn it around so that they end up being the ones who look stupid.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.