Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: GSchaeff ()
Date: May 23, 2018 07:19AM

KJ,
Greetings I'm reaching out wondering if you still check this account. If so, I'd like to chat as one "burn out" to another.
Best Wishes,
GS

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: puddington ()
Date: May 23, 2018 09:07PM

Onion Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I do not but my very reliable source obtained the
> information from family members on both sides of
> the question - directly. He was involved in legal
> research on the divorce of the mom and very
> unsuspecting duped "father" He said the divorce
> documents from early 90's tell most of the story.

Onion-

What’s really interesting is that you say the father was “duped”. Wow. So he had no idea that his son was not his bio child. Yet this man remains in the fellowship and is an elder in high standing. So I’m thinking that in order for him to remain, G&M must have spun the story that it was all the wife’s doing. And I suspect she was vilified and labeled a “Jezabel”. They probably threw her under the bus even though I’m pretty sure they were the instigators of the fraud.

It’s the only way I can visualize why the father would remain in the cult. So I guess he was duped again. And is still being duped.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2018 09:13PM by puddington.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: May 24, 2018 06:46PM

B E L I E V E

The world
we experience

is the one

we decided to
believe in

Posted by: GoingRogue ()
Date: May 25, 2018 10:01PM

Puddington and Onion, in my experience, the lying and tricking people was a common occurrence in the LW. The biggest concern of the top leaders (G&M and JRS) in such instances was for themselves and their reputation. Many casualties seem to have been considered "collateral damage", as has been mentioned before.

By the way, when people with stories to tell and points to make about this group are afraid to post, who wins? This is an anonymous forum for good reason. But it also allows people to undermine and attack other posters with impunity. And I'm pretty sure that I know who is laughing all the way to the bank when that happens.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: May 26, 2018 04:10PM

* * * F A K E N E W S * * *

ROYAL WEDDING PREACHER TAKES OVER THE TOP SPOT IN TLW LEADERSHIP

_ _ _

[www.youtube.com]

Date: May 26, 2018 11:27PM

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: May 27, 2018 12:06AM

The "duping" had layers. First was Stevens duping the girl. Then it was Stevens and the girl duping the guy who married her. Twenty years later when the duping was exposed to the duped husband and thereafter he and the Hargraves keeping the secret and thus duping the entire church and public. And the Hargraves thereby duping the guy again because in my opinion the only purpose was protecting the position of their no-talent offspring.

This isn't about a human nature mistake by having a love affair, this is well thought out, carefully planned ongoing intentiona acts of duping or, as in my opinion, intentional fraud.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: May 27, 2018 12:30AM

Onion Wrote:
> The "duping" had layers. First was Stevens duping
> the girl. Then it was Stevens and the girl duping
> the guy who married her. Twenty years later when
> the duping was exposed to the duped husband and
> thereafter he and the Hargraves keeping the secret
> and thus duping the entire church and public. And
> the Hargraves thereby duping the guy again because
> in my opinion the only purpose was protecting the
> position of their no-talent offspring.
>
> This isn't about a human nature mistake by having
> a love affair, this is well thought out, carefully
> planned ongoing intentiona acts of duping or, as
> in my opinion, intentional fraud.

That's a lot of duping, but if anyone was capable of successfully carrying it out, it would be the Hargraves. Calculated, cunning and ruthless...such admirable qualities (not).
BTW, I recall at the last shepherd's conference I attended (Palmer Lake, '97), Hargrave stating unequivocally to the gathering that he did not have a daughter. I didn't know what to make of this statement--take it literally (his wife had an affair, and it wasn't his biological child), or perhaps spiritually (true sons and daughters are born of the spirit, not flesh). Of course, I knew it wasn't something you dare question him about. Just believe whatever comes out of his mouth. That was the policy, and you don't retain your meaningless position without adhering to this policy.

p.s. I suspect you won't provide the methods (assuming you know) of how John and later G & M managed to do so much effective duping, lest you potentially reveal your identity, but it sure would illuminating to the naive (which I certainly count myself as one--at least during that time period).

Date: May 27, 2018 01:37AM

I guess one could say that Gary is a super-duper leader.

Posted by: GoingRogue ()
Date: May 27, 2018 10:45AM

puddington Wrote:
> I guess one could say that Gary is a super-duper
> leader.

IMO, J&M were the original Super Dooper Dupers. G has taken up their mantle of lies and deceit.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.