>
LOVE begat
> more LOVE
>
> and thus
>
> we came
> into being

Nice! Probably the best way to help loved ones still stuck in the cult is to be gentle with them and not tear apart their entire system of beliefs. Critical thinking skills according to Rick Ross while a worthy goal isn't sufficient as it's not a problem of logic. Some many disagree with that.

TKNC a few years ago I posted a few times about how JRS treated homosexuality. What I witnessed was he would lay hands on the person and do the deliverance voodoo. One elder who I got to know at the LW said JRS got him in a room and did kind of an exorcism on him. He describe it as very physical with JRS bouncing him off a few walls. This fellow eventually married and had two children. However, after JRS died, his wife posted on FACTNET that the whole family was exiled. Some years later, the wife reported that before her husband passed, he went to the LW asking to be restored. The wife said that M denied that request. In addition, M would not let this man be buried at Shiloh. So much for mercy.

GSchaeff thanks for your research. JRS had 5 or 6 homes that I am aware of prior to his death. They were used as communal homes for the members, not a parsonage for JRS. Also, I heard that Gary signed on as a policeman in the 70's after he joined the Walk so he could carry a gun and protect JRS. This "I'll take a bullet for JRS" seemed to give Gary access to continually ride in the van and accompany JRS wherever. I think Donna was the sole financial support for a while.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: April 29, 2018 05:41AM

changedagain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm designing a customized MAGA hat with the image
> of decorated marine veteran Robert Mueller. Expect
> me to be sued ;)

I can't resist. Some of the CNN pundits are now saying Trump has started a cult of personality. Duh... I recall reading in the Post a few months ago the similarities between the privileged upbringing of Mueller and Trump. The huge dissimilarity was Mueller was a war hero and Trump was a coward having had five draft deferments for foot spurs. Anyone know how did Gary avoid serving in Vietnam?

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: April 29, 2018 06:13AM

lily rose Wrote:
> Anyone know how did Gary avoid serving in Vietnam?

Not sure. Perhaps a deferment for being a college student.

Posted by: GoingRogue ()
Date: April 29, 2018 10:17PM

lily rose Wrote:
> Critical thinking skills according to Rick Ross
> while a worthy goal isn't sufficient as it's not a
> problem of logic. Some many disagree with that.

You are right Lily Rose. This was discussed on page 158 of this forum, and the moderator's comments confirm your statement.

[forum.culteducation.com]

Logic and critical thinking skills are not enough to protect a person targeted for induction into a cult. Knowledge is power. Specifically, knowledge of cults and the manipulative and deceptive techniques of the cult leader. Unfortunately, most or all of us posting here have learned this the hard way.

I have heard several people in the LW make the following statement over the years, "I don't know if (fill in cult leader's name) is right or wong, but I would gladly follow them into hell if they are wrong." That's an astonishing amount of power to give a supposed Christian leader. Freeing yourself from such strong control and delusion isn't easy and can be a long process. But going from living in this trap for years to taking back your decision-making power, your critical thinking skills and your own life feels very good.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2018 10:19PM by GoingRogue.

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: April 30, 2018 01:04AM

Stevens believed it was an evil spirit or spirit of perversion.

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: April 30, 2018 01:30AM

Gary came into draft age just as the lottery was starting to hit his age group with the lottery. Things had started to slow down by then (Thankfully) and he probably had a college defermen as well. Stevens probably had a health deferment that let him escape WWII - but what did he do at home to support the U.S. troops? What did any of them do to directly support anyone or any cause outside of religious groups they directly benefitted from?

Date: May 02, 2018 01:07AM

Onion Wrote:
> Gary came into draft age just as the lottery was
> starting to hit his age group with the lottery.
> Things had started to slow down by then
> (Thankfully) and he probably had a college
> defermen as well. Stevens probably had a health
> deferment that let him escape WWII - but what did
> he do at home to support the U.S. troops?

Many so-called men's men, find a way to avoid being enlisted. Did John Wayne, hero of many war movies, serve in the military? How about our reality show President? Perhaps there were legitimate reasons (health related)...but I do find it interesting. If they were less belligerent in nature I suppose it would be a non-issue.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: May 02, 2018 05:39AM

Exactly. And the legitimate heath issues could be NPD or being delusional. Serving in the military can be the ultimate sacrifice. Chump Trump told Howard Stern his Vietnam was avoiding sexually transmitted diseases. That would be like Gary saying his Vietnam is Joels's army and drinking from the courageous discipleship cup. And JRS saying his Vietnam (suffering) was marrying a Nephilim. It's probably good these guys didn't serve. If you are Gary or JRS and lean toward narcissism and delusions (as has been suggested on this forum) how could you possibly handle blindly following and taking orders from other superiors in the military. Or how would Gary temper his volatile emotions (temper) under supreme duress.

Posted by: NickleandDimed ()
Date: May 03, 2018 12:09AM

Onion you posted on another strand. Stevens had a bio son with a lady in the church. For most of us. That has been an unsubstantiated rumor. Do you have any further evidence? Just curious.

Date: May 03, 2018 12:47AM

NickleandDimed Wrote:
> Onion you posted on another strand. Stevens had a
> bio son with a lady in the church. For most of us.
> That has been an unsubstantiated rumor. Do you
> have any further evidence? Just curious.

FWIW, I was told the same thing by a person who was in Apco post-John.
He, like most of them, had a falling out with G & M.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.