Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: jhorning ()
Date: February 26, 2018 11:34PM

“Lions don’t care about the opinions of sheep.”
Sheriff Israel, Broward County Sheriffs Office

Kind’a sums up the leadership attitude of the living word church.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: February 27, 2018 10:21PM

jhorning Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> “Lions don’t care about the opinions of sheep.”
> Sheriff Israel, Broward County Sheriffs Office
>
> Kind’a sums up the leadership attitude of the
> living word church.

Yeah, we each have our values. Here's an excerpt about someone who emphasizes cleanliness & outward beauty above most other things:

scene: after old man falling from the stage during a benefit at Mar-a-Lago club.

“I said, ‘Oh my God, that’s disgusting,’ and I turned away,” Tru-- said. “I didn’t want to touch him … he’s bleeding all over the place, I felt terrible. You know, beautiful marble floor, didn’t look like it. It changed color. Became very red. And you have this poor guy, 80 years old, laying on the floor unconscious, and all the rich people are turning away. ‘Oh my God! This is terrible! This is disgusting!’ And you know, they’re turning away. Nobody wants to help the guy.”

Tru-- said that Marines at the benefit came to the aid of the fallen man, and then he kicked into action.

“I was saying, ‘Get that blood cleaned up! It’s disgusting!’ ” said Trump. “The next day, I forgot to call to say he’s okay.”

I wonder if the marble floor ever got cleaned up properly.

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: February 28, 2018 01:08AM

I guess we’ll never see that nursing home at Shiloh either.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: February 28, 2018 05:29AM

jhorning Wrote:
> “Lions don’t care about the opinions of sheep.”
> Sheriff Israel, Broward County Sheriffs Office
>
> Kind’a sums up the leadership attitude of the
> living word church.

RIGHT ON-- jhorning. The quote is a paraphrase from the Game of Thrones character Tywin Lannister, a villainous community leader, known for promoting his family's interests ahead of the community's.

Posted by: NickleandDimed ()
Date: February 28, 2018 06:59AM

puddington Wrote:
> GTIO. Welcome to the RR forum. I love your screen
> name. And wow, I remember that slut-shameing
> message that Marilyn brought to the YASPers. So
> messed up.

Welcome GTIO. How brave. To admit you're a millennial. They sure do get a bad wrap. In the culture. Not TLWF.

Was Rick ever slut-shamed by the Lamp for seducing Maria and others? For being an adulterer? A whore? Sure he was forgiven. But once again. Family interests of the lioness vs the good of sheep won.

Posted by: NickleandDimed ()
Date: March 01, 2018 02:26AM

puddington Wrote:
> I guess we’ll never see that nursing home at
> Shiloh either.

Now that's funny. John's vision for a nursing home Walk style. Would have operated like a mental institution. As in One Flew Over the Cukoo's Nest. With its own version of Nurse Rachett. Like Shiloh U. Employees would not be paid. Parents would send their teenagers to do slave labor. Worst of all. If you were a blow out. You wouldn't be allowed to visit an aging parent. Being cared for by the LW.

Posted by: NancyB ()
Date: March 05, 2018 02:41PM

I'm so excited and anxious to be approved to join the group. I think I'm going to cry. I am some what afraid tha ti iwll use the srong words (Transfer my gual of bitternes, satanic transferance or seductive Jezabel or nepulim attack on you all!.. Heck no I won't...but you now what I mean .)

I was researching for an upcoming novel on mind control...I "accidentlly" found these threads in my research...I feel like an expert on being a victim of manipualation..,as I grew up in Christian Tabernacle with very loving and kind neighbors and friends.My parents made my sister and I go to church and Sunday school around 1957. I treasure those early years even though I knew we were all different from the main stream chruches in town. BTw Washington has ore churches per captia than any where. We were also teh cleanestccity in Iowa ( proabition)

I saw copies of the First Principle being printed off so I believed it was inspired word of god as I was told...I was 10 or 11. Some outsider I heard say , "It is plageraized." I had to look of the word and became insenced becasue I saw it printed... Just like the song books were printed in the church.. the songs I though were inspired just for us chosen one of God...only to learn that other churches were singing "our" songs (Revelaton were not orginal ideas. This theme repeated its self through the WALK and maybe even today...I left years ago asa Jezebe that some prayed for my death. But my father in law and his 2nd wife continued to "minister")

Later the song books had to be destroyed because the church did not own the rights. I fel liek the prophsy that the Russians were going to come and bur our bibles was happening...As a kid/ teen I did not know better than to trust and be submisive or get the cr_p beat out of me.I was confused why we did not own the rights...

Yep, decades later when I was healed enough from the Walk I could see that JRS was no better than Muhamund at claiming to have invented soap or mental hospitals or be the first and only one to have a revelation....yet, in the early 60's we the people in the congretation loved him when he came home to Washington for revival type meetings...there was a big adrenalyn rush that I thought was "annointing."

My sister and I were the pianists for number of years. That put us in a very unique perspective that the general congregation never saw or heard.

I have been enjoying reading threads. I think I know some of you. ( I was in Anaheim when Happy so joyfully blurted out his personal revelation of who JRS was.) I have felt so alone, so I am so happy to connect.

I grew up in Christian Tabernacle, visted South Gate for church camp and my sister's wedding to ne of jrs "altar boys". I went to the Valley church. I did not fit in to CA life, to say the least.

later I married the son of ___, a PK.
My father in law was breaking ground at Shiloh when my son was born

My husband could not make decisions on his own nor keep a job. In faact he did not know how to buy underware. We got amarried and i saw his holey undeware. He wsa teacher for 2 years.. I said , "John, why don;t you go buy new jocky short?" "I have to pray about." the he got a witness from his parents...not kidding..
We got sent to Waukegan where folks for CA were transplated as well.

We went home to Wash. After I had a exhaustion breakdown I was warehoused at Shiloh.
We were sent to Anahiem without saying goodbye to our controlling parents. My husband worked at Greg Grays as a dye cutter...

My mother in law passed away . My father in law hightailed it to CA to marry widow from our Iowa home area who had started a new live under jrs in the Valley.

For the younger folks I think I have missing puzzle pieces for you. Some of the answers have been touched on, but it took me along time to figure it all out...still not have arrived at total enlightenment tho'

This group with many loving wonderful who wanted to serve God and follow the word of God step by step fell into the delusion of a home town boy... like a bull frog in cool pan of water on the stove who doesn't know the burner is on below him.

I have questions as well. Mostly I need to heal some scares..you know...you know...it is not simple to work you mind around lies and anipulations. My children have been indirectly hurt as they don't understand why I have such weird ptsd issues.

I took me decades to fuly understadn what the scripture meant " Not everyone who cries Lord, Lord will enter into the kingdom of Heaven."

Looing forward to chatting with old friends and mutal friends. Veryily, verily, thus saith the igpayatinlay...I have no prophetic words in tongues. I just wanted to still look spiritual.

(I was the youngest Nancy in the mother church)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2018 03:04PM by NancyB.

Date: March 05, 2018 03:14PM

girls_turn_it_off

I just joined and am very excited to meet and greet.

So many wonderful people were in the Walk. Those loving folks did fill a love gap that I did not get from my own mother. I think that kinship was a bond that kept some many of us in when should have run. We may not have had a family to run to for a rational shoulder to help us sort out that our gutt instict was not the devil.

I grew up in it from the early days. I have loved ones still in the last I knew.
I am so happy to have a safe place to talk "crazy" and be understood.

Date: March 05, 2018 03:39PM

Hey larry bobo you said "Funny, I don't remember John teaching that the kingdom is a dictatorship, but rather a relationship. It was the lordship of Jesus Christ"
Glad you said that you don't remember jrs saying somethings. At the time there were many things people said that I did not hear at all, either. I was devoute! I listened to tapes.I was on the front row.

I've been reading thread wanting to jump in. I just got approved to join.

In my opinion, I think different leaders and different churches made a lot of their own interpretations. Many sheep came into the Walk with their own set of ideas that carried over too.
I don;t now, maybe his wrds could be open to interperation and Holy sprit was taking a nap or slying dragons instead of imparting truth?

I would take notes and walk out of a meeting at Shiloh. A friend might ask me what they missed while doing thier chores. The od thing was my friend said no one she asked seemed to take away the same point from the message.

Anyone else experince that?

However, I have learned that dealing with a narsasits the story can change to be what we want to hear.

"God is not the author of confusion" so why are we all confused on what jrs said?.

Date: March 05, 2018 03:46PM

What is in the cup? Kool aid!
Sorry. I could not resist. The dvil made me type it?

It is so easy to be able to see something different from the side lines. But when the people are primed with music and emotinal energy ..the adrynalen rush... ears and brains receive that message much differently.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.