Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: December 18, 2017 08:33AM

In the early stages of training a hunting dog you have to give lots of explicit instructions.

Once the dog is thoroughly trained and knows his or her master, only small signals are needed

In a well run cult, things reach a point where the leader does not need
to give explicit orders.

All he or she need do is drop hints.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2017 05:06AM by corboy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: December 18, 2017 10:25PM

"We strained at a gnat and swallowed a camel" is a good description, Larry. Even with the coming of the Christmas Truck, I've heard Rick say that we can go out and bless other people on Christmas Eve because "we don't celebrate Christmas". I think the real meaning of this is that TLWF doesn't celebrate the birth of Jesus at Christmas.

I would even argue that the birth of Jesus has not been celebrated in the group at all for decades, if ever. Whether it be at Christmas or during the Feast of Tabernacles, the name of Jesus was seldom spoken, in my memory. If one wanted to reference Jesus, the term "Christ" was normally used. Christ is a more de-personalized title meaning Messiah, or anointed one. And rather than referring to Jesus the Saviour, the term Christ can be a more nebulous idea, as in Christ in the flesh (manifest sons).

I'm looking forward to celebrating Christmas with my family and friends in a few days. Of course I know all about the research regarding pagan holidays and such. But in this case, I am hoping that the state of the heart is more important than the correctness of the head.

"The Lord says: "These people come near to me with their mouth and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. Their worship of me is based on merely human rules they have been taught." Isaiah 29:13 NIV

larry bobo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Before and after leaving TLWF, I researched the
> origins of Christmas many times. I came to the
> conclusion it was not as simple as “Babylon
> Mystery Religion” would lead us to believe. It
> really is a mixture of many things, including
> Christianity, paganism, tradition, materialism,
> and family – but so is life. Apparently there is
> still enough of Christ in Christmas to offend some
> - so it's not a complete loss. :) In TLWF, I
> think we strained at a gnat and swallowed a camel.
> The idea was that God’s people did not forsake Him
> and worship other gods. We didn’t celebrate
> Christmas but allowed a human to take God’s place.
> The outcome was the same as if we did worship
> other gods – as well as the damage.
>
> Here is where the teachings of Jesus provide such
> health and safety. Much of the “warfare” we
> experienced in TLWF came from opening our spirits
> to the occult, and thinking it was God. When you
> close the openness, much of what we were fearful
> of becomes a moot point. Christmas stops being a
> time of oppression. Greater is He that is in us
> than he that is in the world. Darkness is
> actually afraid of the light.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: December 19, 2017 10:02AM

I appreciate Reepicheep's and Larry's insights about celebrating Christmas. It's sad neither of you were a voting member on the LW Committee to Save Christmas. Oops! What was I thinking? There never were any committees and no one was ever allowed to vote on ANYTHING.

Posted by: NickleandDimed ()
Date: December 19, 2017 10:31AM

lily rose Wrote:
> I appreciate Reepicheep's and Larry's insights
> about celebrating Christmas. It's sad neither of
> you were a voting member on the LW Committee to
> Save Christmas.

Hee hee! I wanted to serve on the committee to put an ocean in Shiloh. For Larry Makuakane. But pastor said no. I was in the dog house.

Reepicheep, thank you for your insights about the nebulous way the LW uses the word "Christ." When I started reading the message board posts, it was mentioned that the TLWF was preaching a false Jesus. I had no idea what that meant. Your post has helped me understand.

Posted by: larry bobo ()
Date: December 20, 2017 01:59AM

I think we all become freer when we relinquish the remaining illusions of control over the beliefs of others regarding Christmas – and anything else for that matter. It seems to be even more necessary while we are attempting to find our sea legs after living so long under “divine order”. Paul talked about eating and not eating meat and celebrating or not celebrating feasts and Sabbaths. Whatever one chooses to do as unto the Lord should not make any difference to us – we’re not their judge. Our responsibility is to love one another and let God work out the details – just the opposite of what we were taught in TLWF! “Submit every detail of your life to me, and if you are lucky, you may get a crumb of conditional love.”

We’ve all seen the damage that has been caused by assuming God only loves the people in our special group. It’s shocking to finally realize He loves the world as much as Christians. I know there are those who no longer want anything at all to do with God, or even believe He exists, especially after their involvement with TLWF. We all react a little differently to being wounded and what we need the most is kindness and a soft place to land. Only God truly knows our individual stories – and loves us unconditionally. His opinion is the only one that matters anyway and He is totally capable of healing the damage caused by those who have wanted to take His place.

However, I would encourage those who are able, to share their experiences with TLWF so others can make an informed choice regarding their involvement – especially since there has been a deliberate attempt to deceive the vulnerable. There are wolves in sheep’s clothing that do not have the interest of the sheep in mind. We, on this site, have a unique understanding that has come from being both inside and outside of this group. Those still involved with TLWF only have a view from the inside of the cage. I know it is easy to long for the lost decades, but it is also truly amazing how God can restore the “lost years”. At least we can warn others to not make the same mistakes we made.

My primary concern has been to encourage those who have been involved in TLWF to take another look at the words of Jesus and see how they line up with the teachings of John. Jesus’ words are far more explosive than I ever imagined while in TLWF. I was looking for some breakthrough when all I had to do was do what he said the way he said to do it. There is no time table or breakthrough necessary – just an obedient heart. The fastest path to restoration is to read the true directions more carefully and do what they say. God is not nearly as schizophrenic as man – a welcomed relief after all we've been through! His yoke is easy and his burden is light! The real treat is that he does in us what we could never do for ourselves.

Date: December 21, 2017 08:53AM

Hot news flash!!! (Where's kBoy?)

THIS FEAST OF DEDICATION — FILL YOUR HEART WITH THE LIVING WORD
(or keep buying more of those CDs!!!)
12/17/17 Honolulu, HI

The Feast of Dedication celebrates the miracle of Hanukkah that occurred at the cleansing of the second temple during the time of the Maccabees. They had to build a menorah and fill it with what little oil they had. Then God created a miracle. Years earlier, when the foundation of the second temple was laid, the old men who had seen the first temple wept over the lost glory. Still, Haggai exhorted them to take courage and work. God was saying, “The latter glory of this house will be greater than the former.”

Not to worry, TLWFers, you may not get to see your families during the holidays, but you now have Hannukah as well as The Magical Christmas Caroling Truck! Wait, I thought they were going Catholic. Now it's back to Jewish. I can't keep up!!!

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: December 21, 2017 09:07AM

Reepicheep Wrote:

> Not to worry, TLWFers, you may not get to see your
> families during the holidays, but you now have
> Hannukah as well as The Magical Christmas Caroling
> Truck! Wait, I thought they were going Catholic.
> Now it's back to Jewish. I can't keep up!!!

If they would like to add a Mormon holiday I would suggest Pioneer Day. It is celebrated on July 24 of each year. It celebrates the entry of Mormons into Salt Lake valley in 1847, after the long journey westward to escape religious persecution.
Just a thought.

Date: December 21, 2017 11:42PM

changedagain wrote
>
> If they would like to add a Mormon holiday I would
> suggest Pioneer Day. It is celebrated on July 24
> of each year. It celebrates the entry of Mormons
> into Salt Lake valley in 1847, after the long
> journey westward to escape religious persecution.
> Just a thought.

Great idea, changedagain!

I was thinking that if they want to show oneness with the Pope, they might try observing Lent. Here is an idea list of possible things to give up during the forty day period leading up to Easter: cussing, drinking, eating raw or vegan foods, smoking, herbal supplements, coffee, the giving and receiving of free labor, and my personal favorite, the practice of singing to the Christ in the flesh while gazing intently into another's eyes.

Any other ideas? (Note: This list was partial, and in no particular order.)

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: December 22, 2017 01:40AM

Great list, Reepicheep.
I'm sure it can be expanded. Something to think about today.
BTW, I have to admit that I was never able to gaze into another person's eyes and sing to them as though they were Christ in the flesh. I think the root of the problem was that I did believe they were Christ, nor I. It was an obstacle I could never really overcome. It feels good, though, finally admitting it ;)

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: December 22, 2017 03:46AM

Reepicheep Wrote:
> changedagain wrote
> >
> > If they would like to add a Mormon holiday I
> would
> > suggest Pioneer Day. It is celebrated on July
> 24
> > of each year. It celebrates the entry of
> Mormons
> > into Salt Lake valley in 1847, after the long
> > journey westward to escape religious
> persecution.
> > Just a thought.
>
> Great idea, changedagain!
>
> I was thinking that if they want to show oneness
> with the Pope, they might try observing Lent. Here
> is an idea list of possible things to give up
> during the forty day period leading up to Easter:
> cussing, drinking, eating raw or vegan foods,
> smoking, herbal supplements, coffee, the giving
> and receiving of free labor, and my personal
> favorite, the practice of singing to the Christ in
> the flesh while gazing intently into another's
> eyes.
>
> Any other ideas? (Note: This list was partial, and
> in no particular order.)

At first I thought Mormonism and celebrating their holidays might be a good fit for the LW. Both believe that God gives revelation to their prophets. However, God never gave the LW the revelation to practice polygamy. And God never told the Mormons it's okay to drink coke-a-cola, martinis, or say fu*k.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.