Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: puddington ()
Date: August 15, 2017 07:33AM

LR, thank you for that link. Very interesting. I find it also interesting that JRS brought a bunch of words in Chico in the early 70's at the Chico Camp. It was a whole series of messages including "Good Bye Yesterday". Probably just a coincidence, but still interesting.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: seventies walker ()
Date: August 15, 2017 08:24AM

First time I am posting. I have been reading and following some of the threads with interest off and on for years

My name is David N.
I left Frangipane's fellowship in Michigan in 1979.I had been there since 1973 when Gruenberg started the local church.I never spoke to Francis again.
Shortly after I left Francis was dumped for not supporting John and Marilyn. Francis later describes Marilyn as the Jezebel spirit in one of his books.
I was in LA for multiple feast visits, Anaheim, Sepulveda, SouthGate. Worked for John Bender in Kalona before there was a Shiloh, building a road to the camp.
After leaving the walk in Michigan, I also migrated to SoCal with my family.
Lived like witness protection for 20 years. No friends, no history, no church. Went to a community church in 1999.
Searched out COHK in 2001, reconnected with some former Michigan folks and stayed around until 2006 or 2007, although a daughter and son in law are active still.
Later

Posted by: NickleandDimed ()
Date: August 15, 2017 12:59PM

seventies walker, ha witness protection. I hear ya. Why did you leave in 79? what is COHK?

The link is a great find. From page 12 on children who grew up in a cult, "The more controlling and intense a group, the more damage it does to its members." I'd say on a scale of 1 to 10. 10 being highly damaging. The LW is a 10.

kBOY, Give me a break! G-man's warning about not twisting things. G-man is as adept at scripture twisting as Trump is at tweeting.

Posted by: seventies walker ()
Date: August 15, 2017 10:30PM

COHK IS church of his kingdom, tlw in san diego

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: August 16, 2017 12:00AM

Is COHK pronounced "cock"?

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: August 16, 2017 01:50AM

seventies walker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> COHK IS church of his kingdom, tlw in san diego

Thanks for clearing that up, seventies walker. Today those initials could stand for Church of Hargrave's Kingdom.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: August 16, 2017 01:20PM

puddington Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is COHK pronounced "cock"?

This message board likes sharing COHK-A-MAMIE tales about the leadership.

Welcome seventies walker.

Posted by: NickleandDimed ()
Date: August 18, 2017 09:04AM

> puddington Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Is COHK pronounced "cock"?

We probably shouldn't be saying COHK on the message board. It's not a nice word. COHK-A-ROACHES

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: August 19, 2017 11:12PM

Friends, in case this is useful, here is an article
from Christianity Today.

It is a case history of a congregation almost ruined by an intruder
who was cultic or at the very least, domineering.

Confessions of a Former ‘It’ Church Pastor

We were the hottest church in our area. Then everything imploded.

[www.christianitytoday.com]

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: August 25, 2017 03:28AM

Corboy-Thanks for the link about the hot church. The story has the makings of a great reality tv show. Interesting to me is a comparison with the hot church and TLWF cult. In TLWF, the intruder mentioned in the hot church story, would have been removed by G-man the first time he even uttered a criticism and probably would have been labeled a Nephilim or Jezebel. I was thinking about the "bringing a sword" scripture that TLWF relies on to execute their harsh judgements on those who challenge their behavior. In the hot church story it seems to me "bring the sword" was at work but in a different way to cut the hot church pastor free from the blinding ego of his own self-centeredness.

I am not sure if I ever shared the link below on The False Transformational Promise of Bible Based Cults. I think the transformation promise is part of mainstream Christianity, but the LW promise of transformation is walking through walls over-the-top and grandiose such as becoming Christ incarnate in the earth.

I think the article offers many insights. It also suggests a the Mother archetype present in Bible based cults. Archetypes are an interesting concept that has been forwarded by Carl Jung and Joseph Campbell. It may be bunk but it is interesting. Something I read about archetypes, "As we wrestle the difficulties in our lives, the archetype is enlivened. Stories contain, calls and enlivens the archetype."

the-false-transformational-promise-of-bible-based-cults-csj-7-2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.