Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Tmason ()
Date: July 05, 2017 11:27PM

Oh yes but a gentleman would never speak of such things done on tall stacks of used mattresses.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: July 05, 2017 11:31PM

Tmason Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oh yes but a gentleman never tells!

Sorry this was in response to Lilly Roses question about good stories from the mattress room at Shiloh.

Date: July 05, 2017 11:32PM

Tmason Wrote:
> Oh yes but a gentleman never tells!

This was in response to Lilly Roses question regarding stories from the soiled mattress room at Shiloh

Posted by: NickleandDimed ()
Date: July 06, 2017 02:48AM

Tmason, it was puddington, not lily rose, who posed the question about good mattress room stories. My theory is this. Cults like the LW. Attract people with anti social personality disorders. They are funny and fun to be around. But uncaring when people are hurt. One of my abusers. Who was given authority as an elder and assistant pastor by laying on of hands. The couple I posted about months ago. Divorced. Are not longer in the LW. He now lives with a woman (unmarried). They had two children. There was no remorse by him for lying. For spiritual abuse. I'm pretty sure. He was and still is anti social. Although, research says. With age. Men become less anti social. But still have little empathy. No remorse.

Date: July 06, 2017 07:12AM

Deep thoughts......

I once saw a car accident that made laugh....
Does that make me uncaring?

Am I funny AND fun... oh no, I AM!
Could I be a cult member?

Nah... I'm normal.

So it was the pudster that wanted juicy jive tid bits from the mattress room eh?
Well Pud... nothing good to share other than I got turned down my first time on top of a large stack. I wonder why?? Could it have been the used mattresses? Or was it me... nah. Wasn't me!

Posted by: rond ()
Date: July 07, 2017 09:22PM

Does anyone on this forum know at any level of certainty the reason for the infatuation with the Catholic church? Asking members of TLW only precipitates answers one might expect from a politician. The non-answer answer ploy.

It's as if the relationship with the Catholic church is appealing, but those not inside TLW are "Philistines", thus not worthy of a substantive response. Anyone know?

Posted by: NickleandDimed ()
Date: July 11, 2017 10:04AM

kBOY Wrote:
> NICKLE&DIMED:
>
> Thanks for taking over my job.

Uh, what? No-no. You rock at it.

I'm just a temp filling in while you take a breather.

HEADBANGER NEWS: THE KOOL-AID ZINGER OF ALL ZINGERS

I Will Drink This Cup

July 9, 2017 — by Gary Hargrave

This morning I brought a message titled “I Will Drink This Cup” more Kool-Aid at Shiloh, Kalona, Iowa.

Our founder, John Stevens, taught us that a walk with God is like signing a blank check. Oh no....not the God will kill me for my withdrawal con. He experienced the devastation of God dealing with his reluctance and withdrawal from the responsibility of apostleship and what God was asking him to do. John Stevens came to the point where he drank the cup of the Lord Kool-aid and no longer counted the cost of bad fruit and wrecked lives.

In this message, I describe how the Lord has been working this same delusional commitment in me. Do not be sympathetic with me, NEVER IN A ZILLION YEARS but be in prayer like in judgment that I can forge sign the blank check that God is asking of me. What the hell does He want from Gary? so that I may drink the cup of the Lord and maybe--just maybe learn how to love.

rond, the Catholic infatuation is just another G-man opportunist self promotion. Many Catholics are getting on the charismatic bandwagon. Especially in Brazil. G-man saw an opportunity to make a name for himself as a charasmatic "unity" broker and he moved right in with G-man ambition.

Posted by: rond ()
Date: July 11, 2017 09:55PM

NickleandDimed said, "rond, the Catholic infatuation is just another G-man opportunist self promotion. Many Catholics are getting on the charismatic bandwagon. Especially in Brazil. G-man saw an opportunity to make a name for himself as a charasmatic "unity" broker and he moved right in with G-man ambition."

When I asked if anyone knew, I was looking to see if anyone had been in contact with someone in TLW who could explain the perspective. I have the sense you are more expressing an opinion. I'm wanting to find out if someone actually knows the reasoning behind the move toward organized religion from someone who is a practitioner.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: July 16, 2017 02:36AM

NickleandDimed Wrote:
>>
>
>
> HEADBANGER NEWS: THE KOOL-AID ZINGER OF ALL
> ZINGERS

>
> I Will Drink This Cup
>
> July 9, 2017 — by Gary Hargrave
>
>
> This morning I brought a message titled “I Will
> Drink This Cup” more Kool-Aid at Shiloh,
> Kalona, Iowa.
>

These poor people have drunk so much kool aid their pee must be red.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: July 16, 2017 02:41AM

I submitted an article on cults to the NY York times. It was rejected. Below is the kind of ignorant commentary they prefer to publish.

The Cult Deficit

Ross Douthat SEPT. 27, 2014

LIKE most children of the Reagan era, I grew up with a steady diet of media warnings about the perils of religious cults — the gurus who lurked in wait for the unwary and confused, offering absolute certainty with the aftertaste of poisoned Kool-Aid. From the 1970s through the 1990s, from Jonestown to Heaven’s Gate, frightening fringe groups and their charismatic leaders seemed like an essential element of the American religious landscape.

Yet we don’t hear nearly as much about them anymore, and it isn’t just that the media have moved on. Some strange experiments have aged into respectability, some sinister ones still flourish, but over all the cult phenomenon feels increasingly antique, like lava lamps and bell bottoms. Spiritual gurus still flourish in our era, of course, but they are generally comforting, vapid, safe — a Joel Osteen rather than a Jim Jones, a Deepak Chopra rather than a David Koresh.

Twice in the last few months I’ve encountered writers taking note of this shift, and both have made a similar (and provocative) point: The decline of cults, while good news for anxious parents of potential devotees, might actually be a worrying sign for Western culture, an indicator not only of religious stagnation but of declining creativity writ large.

The first writer is Philip Jenkins, a prolific religious historian, who argues that the decline in “the number and scale of controversial fringe sects” is both “genuine and epochal,” and something that should worry more mainstream religious believers rather than comfort them. A wild fringe, he suggests, is often a sign of a healthy, vital center, and a religious culture that lacks for charismatic weirdos may lack “a solid core of spiritual activism and inquiry” as well.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.