Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: NickleandDimed ()
Date: June 05, 2017 03:19AM

changedagain, after you posted your name. I remembered. I know that dude. The picture you try to paint of yourself here. Not what I remember.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: June 05, 2017 03:27AM

lily rose Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I didn't buy before a few years ago when you
> posted you were really a little person. And I
> don't buy it now. It reflects in the things you
> say.

You don't have to buy into it. I know what I am.

Date: June 05, 2017 03:40AM

NickleandDimed Wrote:
> changedagain, after you posted your name. I
> remembered. I know that dude. The picture you try
> to paint of yourself here. Not what I remember.

I am guilty of not reading everything that SG has posted. What exactly has he written that is so offensive that you feel should be grounds for banishment?
BTW, I agree with you that victims (little people) should not be shamed or victimized again for what they've been through. I think both you and Lily have confronted him on that, which I think is good. Whether you believe it or not-- I've been scarred by my experiences in TLWF, continue to have symptoms of PTSD (listlessness, anxiety, depression), so if I come across cavalier...it's camouflage.

Posted by: SouthGate ()
Date: June 05, 2017 05:19AM

I will help you a little bit changedagain. I've said I still read the This Weeks and made a comment about buying the new worship tapes and they were great. I didn't know that RH has been married 4 times, which I don't know how that plays out with the ex-wives if they were banished or just stay or what. I would never condone that type of behavior at all. My opinions are that, just my opinions Obviously I've hurt people on here, but like I've said before it wasn't my intent. I don't go to church anymore, and haven't for a very long time. I don't claim to know all that went on, and most of what I know is just hearsay. We were black listed while John was still alive, my wife's family was broken up. I just read the This Weeks because they make a lot of sense to me now that I'm not a "member". There were ministries that were dicks and some that were very nice and never condemn you no matter what. There were members that were dicks too. Obviously there are some on here that think I'm a dick, and sometimes I am, but try not to be. Hope that helps.

Date: June 05, 2017 05:22AM

Oh, and by the way. The cleaning list was the truth.

Date: June 05, 2017 05:30AM

When I said we were black listed, we were told by the brothers that John had said something so we left for about a year. We decided to come back and I asked Marilyn to setup a meeting with John. She asked what about and I told her. We didn't get the meeting but things changed for the better. He was very sick, so I just have to assume that's why we didn't get the meeting but who knows.

Date: June 05, 2017 07:09AM

Shame makes us feel worthless. If you were under G&M. You say yeah. Tell me about it. Almost everyone responds to shaming in someway. Now that we're out of TLWF. If some one shames us. We can lost respect for them. And we want to distance ourselves from them. I wouldn't call that shunning. As we knew it in the LW. That's unfair. It's survival. Shaming like sarcasm is easy. But damaging.

Date: June 05, 2017 12:47PM

Changedagain, you brought us banishment. That's the job of the moderator. Right? Not us. You asked for more information because you haven't read all the posts. If you don't keep up to speed. Can't help you. My posts today. Were not advocating banishment. Or shunning. I hope you took my point that if a poster is abusive. Engages in personal attacks or is demeaning to a poster. The outcome can easily be to distance oneself from that poster. And I don't see that as shunning. If I told you that one of your well intended and well thought out posts was excrement. You might distance yourself from me. Then again. May be you are so thick skinned. You don't even flinch. I'm not like that. Most aren't.

Back on topic. Where the hell is Gary?

Date: June 05, 2017 08:56PM

No problem, NickleandDimed. Now can we please get back to forming a connection with the Catholic Church. This is getting tiresome!

NickleandDimed Wrote:
> Changedagain, you brought us banishment. That's
> the job of the moderator. Right? Not us. You asked
> for more information because you haven't read all
> the posts. If you don't keep up to speed. Can't
> help you. My posts today. Were not advocating
> banishment. Or shunning. I hope you took my point
> that if a poster is abusive. Engages in personal
> attacks or is demeaning to a poster. The outcome
> can easily be to distance oneself from that
> poster. And I don't see that as shunning. If I
> told you that one of your well intended and well
> thought out posts was excrement. You might
> distance yourself from me. Then again. May be you
> are so thick skinned. You don't even flinch. I'm
> not like that. Most aren't.
>
> Back on topic. Where the hell is Gary?

Date: June 06, 2017 10:44AM

Maybe Larry B needs to start posting on here again. They seemed to be hanging on to just about every idea that he has about reaching out to other denominations. LOL

Before anyone gets offended, I'm not anti denomination. I'm not anti Catholic either, just don't like the whole cover up about molesting children.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.